Angela name meaning
On This Page
What does Angela mean?
The prevailing and ever lasting unisex name Angela means "Messenger from God, Messenger of God Angel or Messenger of God" is originated from Old Greek is mostly used in Faroese, English, German, Italian, Danish, Swedish, Tamil, Norwegian, Finnish and Icelandic.
Angela is variation of long standing and famed Angelica. Angelica is version of biblical, conifer and outstanding Angela. Angelica is feminine variation of Angelicus: Latin Angelicus = Angelic, Like an Angel, Deriving from the Greek Word Αγγελος = Messenger.
Meaning of Angelica is Angelic, Scent and Angelicus Meaning Angelic Like an Angel is originated from Latin and Old Greek. Angela is a variant form of venerable, frequently used and biblical Angelina.
Angelina is form of biblical and persistent Angela. Angelina is diminutive of Angela. Angelina is German, Spanish and Russian cognate of Angela. Widespread and Evergreen Angelina has its origin in Old Greek, Angelina means "Messenger of God and Messenger".
Angela is feminine version of Angelus. Angelus is variant of prevalent, biblical and imperishable Angel. Angelus is Latin form of Angelos. Of Old Greek origin, Famed and Conifer Angelus, Angelus means "Angel, Messenger of God and Angel, Deriving from the Greek Word Αγγελος = Messenger".
It is celebrated on January 27.
How is Angela regarded as a baby name?
Angela is a beautiful baby girl name that has been popular for many years. It has a Greek origin and means messenger. The name is widely recognized for its elegance and simplicity, which makes it an ideal choice for parents who want to give their baby girl a timeless name.
Some of the specialities of Angela as a name include its ease of pronunciation, its versatility in terms of nicknames, and its association with kindness and compassion. Overall, Angela is an excellent name that is sure to bring joy and happiness to any family who chooses it for their little one.
How do I pronounce Angela?
The proper pronunciation of two syllabled Angela is ann-jeh-lah. ahn-jeh-lah, a-nge-la or an-gela are another way(s) to say the name.
Variants of AngelaNames that rhyme with Angela
How popular is the name Angela?
Angela was among the n extremely popular names in United States. Since emerging in 1880 around 667036 babies have been given the moniker. At the peak of its usage in 1974, it ranked 5th when 25890 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 219 years but still going strong on charts. Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 5 baby names 3 times Also, Angela was a popular name in Spain.
Over 19840 babies have been given the moniker in 15 years. At its zenith in 2003, 2025 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 22nd position. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 15 years but still dominating the charts.
Additionally, the given name has been in the top 50 baby names 12 times Also, Angela was among the popular names in Italy. Since emerging in 1999 around 10143 babies have been given the moniker.
When at its peak in 1999, the moniker grabbed the 37th spot and 1473 baby girls were given the name. After 8 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
Moreover, the name has been to the top 50 baby names 8 times
Angela is a common name in Ireland given to over 4399 babies in 56 years. Recently the name is rising, in 1965, the moniker grabbed the 21st spot and 314 baby girls were given the name.
Also, Angela used to be a common name in France, first appeared in 1900 and over 8678 babies have been given the name in 119 years. At its zenith in 1962,.
However after 119 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Also, Angela is a common name in Switzerland given to over 1097 babies in 21 years. When at the peak of its usage in 2001, it ranked 55th when 113 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
Also, In New South Wales, Angela was once a common name since emerging in 1955 it has been given to over 10136 babies. When at its peak in 1974,. After 47 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
Also, In Queensland, Angela was once a common name since emerging in 1960 it has been given to over 4936 babies. At the peak of its usage in 1976,. After 37 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
Angela is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 400 names. In 1996, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 382 on girl names chart when 98 babies were given the name Angela.
There are over 1784 babies that have been given the name Angela in England and Wales. Angela is an uncommon baby name in Belgium, even after 24 years of use, it could not make it big.
Over 383 babies in Belgium have been named Angela.
However things change on global perspective, Angela is extremely popular in Brazil where every 1 in 400 have the name as well as in, Germany, England, Nigeria, Mexico, Colombia and Argentina.
Also the baby name is popular in Mozambique, Canada, Ecuador, Ghana, Venezuela, Angola, Philippines, Peru, Tanzania, Australia, Dominican Republic, Cuba, Zambia, Chile, Guatemala, Portugal, Netherlands, Kenya, Scotland, Nicaragua, Afghanistan, Honduras, Romania, El Salvador, South Africa, Bolivia, Austria, Moldova, Congo, New Zealand, Madagascar, Uganda, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Zimbabwe, Wales, Sudan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Egypt, Panama, Costa Rica, East Timor, Slovenia, Uruguay, Northern Ireland and Equatorial Guinea.
According to our evaluation, at least 4400000 people have been bestowed Angela around the globe.
Angela in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Angela
It's so hard to find someone who fights for true values and doesn't pretend to be something he's not. If letter A is your capstone, then you are probably a man of your word. You hang around with different people, so you can widen your life perspective and expand your knowledge. If you want to play with the big players, act like one. Doing what you are passionate about is the best thing ever, and the only way to feel real joy and happiness.
You would love these names similar to Angela
- Theodor - Preeminent and Perpetual Theodors origin is Old Greek bestowed upon baby boys, meaning of Theodor is "Gift of God" is used principally in Scandinavian, German and Danish
- Reeni - The well-known girl name Reeni came from Old Greek is used in Swedish and Finnish. Reeni is Finnish form of Reni
- Deniz - Of Turkish and Old Greek origin, Outlandish Deniz means "Sea" used as a gender-neutral name is notably used in Swedish and Danish
- Marlis - Marlis's meaning is Sea or Maria is of Old Greek and Old English origin which is used largely in Norwegian and Danish is aimed at both genders
- Page - Of Middle and English origin, Admired and Enduring Page is primarily used in Greek and English and is aimed at both sexes, Page means "Companion or Attendant"
Middle names for Angela
These are the familiar and cutesy middle names that we love for the name Angela.
View more middle names that goes with Angela.
Sibling Names for Angela
Choosing a name for your baby is a big decision, and if you have already decided on the name Angela, then congratulations! Now, it's time to consider some sibling names that will complement Angela and make a perfect family. Here are some options that you might want to consider.
Names for Angela's sister
Brother for Angela
Famous people named Angela
- Angela Burdett-Coutts, 1st Baroness Burdett-Coutts, nineteenth-century philanthropist, the daughter of Sir Francis Burdett
- Angela Alvarado, American actress and director
- Angela Merici, Italian religious educator
- Angela Sarkis, Chief Executive of the Nurture Group Network
- Angela Brown, African-American dramatic soprano particularly admired for her portrayal of Verdi heroines
- Angela Bulloch, artist
- Angela Hewitt, Canadian classical pianist
- Angela Lynch-Lupton, served as Mayor of Galway for two terms
- Angela Gomes, social worker from Bangladesh
- Angela Bailey, Canadian former track and field athlete
- Angela Batinovich, American businesswoman
- Angela Ammons, singer and songwriter
- Angela Williams, American athlete
- Angela Daigle, American sprinter
- Angela Richards, English actress and singer
- Angela Alioto, American attorney, politician
- Angela Billingham, Baroness Billingham, British Labour politician
- Angela Nissel, American author best known for her first book
- Angela Atede, Nigerian athlete
- Angela Kepler, New Zealand-born naturalist and author
- Angela Morant, British actress
- Angela Punch McGregor, Australian stage and film actress
- Angela Platt, field hockey goalkeeper from Northern Ireland
- Angela Huth, English novelist and journalist
- Angela Postma, former freestyle swimmer from the Netherlands,
- Angela Thirkell, English and Australian novelist
- Angela Chalmers, Canadian retired track and field athlete
- Angela of Foligno, Italian Franciscan tertiary
- Angela Feeney, Irish opera singer
- Angela Saunders, English model and actress
- Angela Smith, retired professional English squash player: she was one of the world's top ranked squash players
- Angela Dufresne, Brooklyn based American artist
- Angela Elwell Hunt, prolific Christian author, and her books include 'The Tale of Three Trees,' 'The Debt
- Angela Keep, Australian actress
- Angela King, Jamaican diplomat
- Angela Kordež, Yugoslavian cross country skier during the 1950s
- Angela Giussani,
- Angela Finocchiaro, Italian actress
- Angela Chow, Taiwanese-Canadian actress and TV host best
- Angela Knösel, German luger
- Angela Littlewood, retired English shot putter
- Angela Maurer, German long-distance swimmer
- Angela Summers,
- Angela Denoke, German opera singer
- Angela Vincent, head of a research group, which is located
- Angela Belcher, materials scientist, biological engineer
- Angela Davis, American political activist, academic, and author
- Angela Merkel, German politician serving as Chancellor of Germany since 2005
- Angela Lansbury, English-Irish-American actress
- Angela Morley, English composer and conductor who, as Stott
- Angela Gheorghiu, Romanian soprano
- Angela Carter, English novelist
Lists having Angela
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Angel
- Girl names that ends with -ela
- Popular Girl Names in United States (2002)
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (1984)
- Popular Girl Names in Italy (2009)
- Popular Girl Names in Switzerland (2004)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2003)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (1997)
- Baby Names that mean Heavenly
- Baby Names that mean Messenger
- Baby Names that mean Angel
- Baby Names that mean God