Lara meaning and origin
Lara's meaning is Laurel, Seagull, Native of Larissa, Bright, Famous, Protection or Graceful is used as a gender insensitive name which is substantially used in Norwegian, Oriya, Kannada, Greenlandic, Hindi, Gujarati, Finnish, Marathi, Icelandic, Bengali, Tamil, Danish, Italian, Slavic, English, Swedish, German, Russian, Malayalam and Telugu has origin in Old Greek, Greek and Latin. Lara is variant of well-known and ever lasting Clare. Clare is equivalent of Clara in English language. Clare's meaning is Famous, Form of Clara and Clear and Bright came from Latin. Lara is Nordic and Russian form of Larisa. Also Lara is Finnish form of Laura. Also Lara is Finnish form of Clara. It is celebrated on March 26th.
Variants of Lara
Laurentia, Laurentius, Larae, Clare, Clara, Claire, Clairette, Larina, Lorraine, Laralee, Larisa, Laura, Larissa, Laurent, Lalla, Lola, Lari, Lauraine, Analaura, Lauraelizabeth, Clarah, Clarina, Ana ClaraNames that rhyme with Lara
Popularity of Lara
Lara was a popular name in United States. Over 27346 babies have been named Lara since 1887. When at the peak of its usage in 1969, the moniker grabbed the 223rd spot and 1354 baby girls were given the name. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 128 years but still performing better than most of the names. Additionally, the moniker has been in the top 500 baby names 23 times Also, a popular name in England and Wales with over 10273 new-borns have been given the name since 1996. At present the moniker is on a rise, in 2003, 568 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 91st position. Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 100 baby names 4 times Also, Lara is a popular name in Spain given to over 11820 babies in 15 years. Presently the name is rising, in 2019, 1441 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 19th position. Additionally, the given name has been in the top 50 baby names 3 times
In France, Lara was once a common name since emerging in 1967 it has been given to over 9748 babies. At its zenith in 1998,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 52 years but it is still in a strong position. Also, A common name in Switzerland having over 1214 recievers in 4 years of usage. At present the name is rising, in 1998, the moniker grabbed the 10th spot and 317 baby girls were given the name. Moreover, the given name has been to the top 10 baby names 2 times Also, Lara is common in Netherlands where over 1081 new-borns have been given the name since 2015. Presently the name is rising, in 2019, 243 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 51st position. Also, A common name in Belgium with over 4795 new-borns have been given the name since 1995. When at its peak in 2005, the moniker grabbed the 17th spot and 317 baby girls were given the name. Also, Lara is a common name in New South Wales given to over 2872 babies in 19 years. At the peak of its usage in 2002, it ranked 25th when 215 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Also, Lara was a common name in Queensland. Over 109 babies have been named Lara since 2007. At the peak of its usage in 2007,. After 1 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 50 baby names 1 times
In Ireland, Lara is a familiar name where it has been in use since 1972 and has secured the place in top 200 names. In 2011, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 101 on girl names chart when 67 babies were given the name Lara. There are over 695 babies that have been given the name Lara in Ireland. Lara is a rare baby name in Queensland, chances of it being still in use are very slim. There are over 109 babies that have been given the name Lara in Queensland. But Lara is a popular baby name in Mozambique where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in, Brazil, Russia, Egypt, England, Iraq, Philippines, Portugal, Slovenia, Lebanon, India, Nigeria and Canada. At least, 270000 people globally have carried Lara as their given name according to our research.
Lara in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Lara
You prefer to take advantage of people, but feel disappointed when someone takes you for granted. You never get tired from trying to be better than you were yesterday. You are not a fan of monotony and you can't stand people who just dwell in their comfort zone, waiting for something to happen. Change your attitude to change your life for the better. You are a good listener but give the worst advice.
Looking for names similar to Lara? Please go through the following names
- Petra - Prevalently used in Icelandic, English and German long standing and dominant, Petra is rooted from Latin and Old Greek, meaning of Petra is "The Stone or The Rock" is used for both sexes
- Oriol - Oriols origin is Latin is used as a baby boy name, meaning of Oriol is "Gold Made or Golden" is substantially used in Catalan
- Spartakus - The boy name Spartakus means "From Sparta" is of Latin origin is especially used in German and Swedish
- Francisque came from Italian and Latin, meaning of Francisque is "Free Condition" aimed at boys is used commonly in French
- Meirion is Welsh form of Marianus. Also Meirion is form of Meirion in Welsh language
Namesakes of Lara
- Lara Cardella, Italian writer
- Lara Hedberg Deam, founder of architecture and design magazine 'Dwell' and chair of the Dwell
- Lara Schnitger, Dutch-American sculptor and painter
- Lara Phillips, theatre, film and TV series actress
- Lara Magoni, retired Italian alpine skier
- Lara Jones, British artist, children's author and illustrator
- Lara Flynn Boyle, American actress and producer
- Lara Fabian, Canadian-Belgian singer, songwriter, musician
- Lara Dutta, Indian actress
- Lara St. John, Lara St
- Lara Parker, American television, stage
- Lara Spencer, American television presenter
- Lara Jill Miller, American actress
- Lara & Reyes, instrumental group
- Lara Logan, South African television and radio journalist and war correspondent
- Lara Veronin, Russian-Taiwanese-American musician
- Lara McAllen, British vocalist, singer/songwriter
- Lara Custance, New Zealand actress
- Lara Carroll, English-born competition swimmer
- Lara Worthington, Australian model
- Lara Belmont, English actress
- Lara Lewington, television presenter
- Lara Cody, American voice actress
- Lara Cox, Australian actress, known for a variety of roles
- Lara Marlowe, United States journalist and author
- Lara Cazalet, English actress
- Lara Jean Marshall, English-born Australian actress, singer
- Lara Gilchrist, Canadian actress
- Lara Petera, professional squash player from New Zealand
- Lara Giddings, former Australian politician
- Lara Saint Paul, Italian Eritrean singer, entertainer
- Lara Petusky Coger, American freelance print journalist and television producer
- Lara Teeter, American dancer, actor, singer
- Lara Stone, Dutch supermodel
- Lara Vapnyar, Russian-American author currently living
- Lara Stock, Croatian chess player
- Lara Woodhull in Ookami kodomo no Ame to Yuki as Actress
- Lara Adkins in The Wretched as Actress
- Larai Casanova in Foreign Exchange as Actress
- Lara de Miguel in Hipótesis as Actress
- Lara Wendel portrayed leading character of Martha in 1988 horror and mystery flick La casa 3.
- Lara Clifton, from 2003 drama flick The Principles of Lust, who portrayed Hole and Billy's wife.
- Lara Chaouachi played minor role of Taja in 1994 biography and drama film H'Biba M'Sika.
- In 1969 drama flick, Le désirable et le sublime, Lara Lane characterized N.
- Lara Fabregas portrayed vital character of N in 2000 action movie Garapal.
- Lara Baldo, from 1958 adventure flick Além do Rios das Mortes, who played N.
- Lara Morena characterized central character of N in 1998 action movie Guevarra: Sa batas ko walang hari.
- In 2009, Lara Dibildos portrayed the role of N in action flick The Sindone.
- In 2005 comedy, romance flick, Damaged Goods, Lara Baker portrayed Michelle Korben.
- Lara Milian, from 2006 drama flick Memoirs of My Nervous Illness, who portrayed N.
- Lara Babalola characterized the vital role of Linda Daoust in 2010 drama movie Wie Matrosen.
- In comedy, romance film, Love Online, Lara Honnor portrayed Julie.
Lists having Lara
- Boys names beginning with L
- Girls names beginning with L
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Russian Baby Names
- Slavic Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Lar
- Girl names that ends with -ara
- Popular Girl Names in England & Wales (2006)
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Switzerland (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Netherlands (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Belgium (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2017)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2012)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2019)
- Baby Names that mean Laurel
- Baby Names that mean Wreath
- Baby Names that mean Bright
- Baby Names that mean Famous
- Baby Names that mean Protection
- Baby Names that mean Graceful