Ginger name meaning
On This Page
What does Ginger mean?
Widespread unisex name Ginger means "Pure, Virgin, Liveliness, Pep, Spring-like, Flourishing or Ginger" and originated from Latin, Old English and English is used principally in Finnish, Swedish, Danish and English. Ginger is variant form of everlasting and acclaimed Virginia.
Virginia is an effeminate variant of Virginius. Famous Virginia came from Latin, meaning of Virginia is "Pure and Virgin".
How is Ginger seen as a baby name?
Ginger is a unique and lively name that exudes energy and vivacity. It is of British origin and has become popular in recent times due to its distinctiveness.
The name evokes a sense of warmth, spiciness, and vibrancy, which makes it stand out from other conventional names. Ginger has a playful and cheerful feel to it, making it a perfect choice for parents who want their child to have an upbeat personality.
The name has an endearing quality that makes people instantly drawn to it. Overall, Ginger is a charming and charismatic baby name that would suit any child with its vibrant spirit.
How do I pronounce Ginger?
Two syllabled Ginger is pronounced as gi(n)-ger. There are multiple ways to say the baby name, i.e., jin-jur.
Variants of GingerNames that rhyme with Ginger
How popular is the name Ginger?
Ginger was a popular name in United States. Over 45921 babies have been named Ginger since 1913. At its zenith in 1971, 1670 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 187th position.
However after 112 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Moreover, the given name has been to the top 500 baby names 46 times Ginger is an uncommon baby name in France, although it has been in use since 1986 but could not make beyond the top 2000.
There are over 206 babies that have been given the name Ginger in France. In Belgium, it is relatively new, first appeared in 1995.
Ginger is a common name in Ecuador and Canada while somewhat familiar name in Venezuela, Netherlands, Philippines, China, Costa Rica, Sweden, South Africa, Mexico, Peru, England, Nigeria and Zimbabwe.
As per our estimate, over 90000 people has been named Ginger globally.
Ginger in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Ginger?
You can spend a whole day on meditation instead of exercise and feel equally productive, or even more. You are outgoing and fun but there are times when you prefer solitude over party and books over people. You know a way out but prefer to dwell in your comfort zone. If number 5 is your soul urge no it reveals your constant care of your soul and body. You are easily adaptable to changes and used to take the high road to success.
Other names similar to Ginger
- Mårten - Meaning of Mårten is Mars is commonly used in Danish, Finnish and Swedish. Its origin is in Latin is a baby boy name
- Cesira - Cesira's meaning is Excise or Cut has its origin in Latin is a baby girl name is used mostly in Italian
- Sore - Prevalently used in Greenlandic and Swedish, Sore is rooted from Latin used as a girl name, meaning of Sore is "Arise"
- Favian - Meaning of Favian is Meaning or Derived from the Roman Clan Name Fabius is rooted from Latin aimed at baby boys is used notably in English
- Babette - Illustrous and Perpetual Babettes origin is Hebrew and Latin bestowed upon both sexes, meaning of Babette is "Strangers, The Foreign or God is Fullness" is used principally in Finnish, English and German
Middle names for Ginger
Below are snowballing and attractive middle names we think go particularly well with Ginger:
View more middle names that goes with Ginger.
Sibling Names for Ginger
Looking for the perfect sibling name to match your baby girl named Ginger? Whether you're searching for a classic or unique choice, we've compiled a list of names that complement Ginger perfectly. From traditional choices to modern picks, there's something for every family dynamic on this list. Check out our top picks below!
Sister for Ginger
Names for Ginger's brother
Famous people named Ginger
- Ginger McCain, English horse trainer
- Ginger Prince, child actress
- Ginger Smith, American television soap opera producer and writer for the ABC Daytime serial 'All My Children'
- Ginger Rogers, American actress, dancer, and singer
- Ginger Baker, English drummer and a founder of the rock band Cream
- Ginger, Canadian rock band in the 1990s
- Ginger Fish, American drummer primarily
- Ginger Baker's Air Force, jazz-rock fusion supergroup led by drummer Ginger Baker
- Ginger Beaumont, American center fielder in Major League Baseball
- Ginger Smock, violinist, orchestra leader
- Ginger Clark, Major League Baseball pitcher for a very brief time during the season
- Ginger Pooley, American rock musician
- Ginger Gilmartin in Fingerprints as Actress
- Ginger Conejero in Miss Philippines Earth 2012 as
- Ginger Bush in More Dirty Debutantes 28 as Actress
- Ginger Kinison in Port Charles as Actress
- Ginger Elle in Blowjob Auditions 2 as Actress
- Ginger Alexander in The Trouble with Gus as
- Ginger Jolie in Pantyhose Sensations as Actress
- Ginger Pauley in The Dead Detective as Actress
- Ginger Miller in A Bunny's Tale as Actress
- Ginger Alden portrayed central character of Lady Grey in 1980 drama, romance film Lady Grey.
- Ginger Hall, from 1959 crime and drama flick Deux hommes dans Manhattan, who characterized the Judith Nelson.
- In 2015, Ginger Christie played the role of Taylor in comedy film Imago.
- Ginger Henson, from 2012 comedy flick The Tao of Pinochet, who portrayed the Gracie and Murtle-T and Jenny.
- In drama film, Alderson, Ginger Pullman characterized Axis Sally.
Lists having Ginger
- Boys names beginning with G
- Girls names beginning with G
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean Pure
- Baby Names that mean Virgin
- Baby Names that mean Plant
- Baby Names that mean Red
- Baby Names that mean Root
- Baby Names that mean Spice
- Baby Names that mean Spring
- Baby Names that mean Flourishing