Babette meaning and origin
Used chiefly in Finnish, Danish, French, German, Swedish, Norwegian and English persistent and customary, Babette aimed at both genders, Babette means "The Foreign, God is Fullness, Strangers or My God is Perfect" is originated from Hebrew and Latin. Babette is variant of all time favorite and acclaimed Elizabeth. Elizabeth means My God is Bountiful, God of Plenty and My God has Sworn is rooted from Hebrew. Babette is variation of pious, long standing and loved Barbara. Meaning of Barbara is Barbaric, Barbari Meaning Foreign Stammering People and Foreign Woman is of Latin and Greek origin.. Also Babette is equivalent of Elisabeth in French language. It is celebrated on November 17th.
Variants of Babette
Babbett, Barbara, Elizabeth, Baba, Betty, Barbaralee, Elisheba, Alizabeth, Eilis, Elza, Annaelizabeth, Elizabethmarie, Babett, Elisabeth, Elisabett, Annalies, Betje, Betsey, Bettylee, Beata, Berta, Elisabet, Alisabeth, Eilise, Alice, Eliza, Anna, Annaliese
View middle names that goes with Babette like Adelyn, Cassie, Alana, Asia, Lexie, Abbey,Names that rhyme with Babette
Popularity of Babette
In United States, Babette was once a common name since emerging in 1891 it has been given to over 3271 babies. At the peak of its usage in 1961,. After 90 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Babette is a familiar baby name in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 200 names. Recently in 2017, 55 babies were given Babette and it reached its peak ranking, 182 on girl names chart. There are over 624 babies that have been given the name Babette in Belgium.
Babette is a unique baby name in Netherlands, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 400 names. Recently in 2018, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 373 on girl names chart when 35 babies were named Babette. Over 153 babies in Netherlands have been named Babette. The first name is an uncommon baby name in France, even after 58 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 600. Over 287 people have been named Babette in France.
Babette is a rare baby name in England and Wales where it is still in use. But Babette is a popular baby name in Germany where every 1 in 20000 have the name. At least, 20000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our evaluation.
Babette in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Babette
Your great sense of humor makes you attractive in other people's eyes. In love, you act childish and don't care much about the feelings of your partner because you start relationships without falling in love first. Once you fall in love, everything changes. You want to be the boss in every situation. You are stubborn and self-motivated. Your happiness and well-being, as well as the happiness and health of the ones you love, are the things you care about.
Other names similar to Babette, for name hunters
- Modred - The boy name Modred means "Brave Counselor" has its roots in Latin is used in English
- Florise - The Florise is of Latin origin, meaning of Florise is "Flower"
- Affera - Girl name Affera is used dominantly in Arabic, Affera means "Young Deer or Colour of the Earth" has origin in Arabic and Latin
- Sextus is originated from English and Latin is mostly used in Danish and is used for baby boys, Sextus means "The Sixth or Sixth-Born"
- Armenia means From Armenia is a girl name. It is rooted from Latin is used prevalently in Finnish and Swedish
Namesakes of Babette
- Babette Bardot, stage name of a Swedish actress
- Babette Babich, American philosopher
- Babette Deutsch, American poet, critic, translator, and novelist
- Babette Cole, English children's writer and illustrator
- Babette Holtmann in Caged as Actress
- Babette Bain in The Ten Commandments as Actress
- Babette Blue in Sadomaso as Actress
- Babette van Veen in Blueberry Hill as Actress
- Babette Bombshell in Return to Nuke 'Em High Volume 1 as Actor
- Babette De Castro acted in movie Over the Santa Fe Trail
- In 1931 movie, Der gläserne Motor, Babette Jenssen played Dame am Steuer.
Lists having Babette
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with B
- Girls names beginning with B
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Girl names that ends with -ette
- Baby Names that mean Foreign
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Fullness
- Baby Names that mean Perfect