Eugenia name meaning
On This Page
What does Eugenia mean?
Admired and Perennial unisex name Eugenia is used in Danish, English, Swedish, German, Finnish, Norwegian and Italian, Eugenia means "Of Noble Descent, Sweet Spoken or Well Born" came from Old Greek. Eugenia is a feminine of Eugenius.
Eugenius is a variation of admired and evergreen Eugene. Eugenius is Latin form of The Greek Name Ευγενιος.
How do I pronounce Eugenia?
The three syllabled name Eugenia is commonly pronounced as e(u)-ge-nia.
Variants of Eugenia
Nicknames for Eugenia
Common nicknames for given name Eugenia include:Names that rhyme with Eugenia
How popular is the name Eugenia?
a popular name in United States having over 29561 recievers in 142 years of usage. At present the name is rising, in 1882, it ranked 190th when 606 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
Additionally, the name has been in the top 500 baby names a whooping 76 times Eugenia is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, its highest ever rank is 2701 (1998) in its 18 years run on England and Wales naming chart.
In France, it has been in use since 1900 but could not make beyond the top 500. Over 668 people have been named Eugenia in France.
Eugenia is a rare baby name in Ireland there is very thin chances of it still being given.
But Eugenia is a popular baby name in Mexico where every 1 in 3000 have the name as well as in, Angola, Brazil, Peru, Mozambique, Philippines, Argentina, Ghana, Bolivia, Moldova, Chile, Romania, Cuba, Colombia, Paraguay, Guatemala, Venezuela, Ecuador and Nigeria.
As per our research, over 490000 people has been named Eugenia globally.
Eugenia in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Eugenia?
You watch your mouth and think twice before you say something. You are your own person who likes to live on the edge. When it comes to romantic relationships, you are a passionate lover. At work, you are often seen as the control freak that has everything done in the said time and date. You are a workaholic and often bring your job at home which angers your family. Make people feel responsible for their actions so they wouldn't hurt someone else the same way again.
If you like Eugenia, you would love these names
- Homie - Homie's meaning is Homeros and Hostage aimed at boys is originated from Old Greek. Homie is resulted from Homer.
- Selini particulary is used in Greek, meaning of Selini is "Inspired By the Eponymous Greek Goddess of the Moon"
- Pekka - Boy name Pekka is originated from Old Greek, meaning of Pekka is "The Stone or The Rock" is used especially in Finnish and Danish
- Jürg - Originated from Old Greek, Jürg bestowed upon boys and is used mainly in Finnish, German and Danish, Jürg means "Farmer or Bauer"
- Joviana - New-fangled and Rarefied Joviana mainly is used in Spanish aimed at baby girls, meaning of Joviana is "Zeus" is originated from Old Greek
Middle names for Eugenia
These are the trending and charming middle names that we love for the name Eugenia.
View more middle names that goes with Eugenia.
Sibling Names for Eugenia
Looking for inspiration for a baby name? Eugenia is a classic, sophisticated option that can make your little one stand out. Here are some sibling names that perfectly complement Eugenia's elegance and charm, providing you with a wealth of options to choose from.
Sister for Eugenia
Names for Eugenia's brother
Famous people named Eugenia
- Eugenia Price, American author best
- Eugenia Davitashvili, Russian faith healer of Assyrian descent
- Eugenia Errázuriz, Chilean patron of modernism and a style leader of Paris
- Eugenia of Rome, early Christian Roman martyr whose feast day is celebrated on December 25 in the Roman Catholic Church
- Eugenia Collier, African-American writer and critic best
- Eugenia Kim, New York City-based accessories designer best
- Eugenia Del Pino, developmental biologist at the Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Ecuador
- Eugenia Smith, was one of several Romanov impostors
- Eugenia Charles, Dominican politician
- Eugenia Cauduro, Mexican actress and model
- Eugenia Yuan, former rhythmic gymnast and a Chinese American actress and Hong Kong Film Awards winner
- Eugenia Manolidou, Greek classical composer, conductor
- Eugenia Elisabetta Ravasio, Italian nun, visionary and mystic
- In 1962 comedy and fantasy movie, S-a furat o bomba, Eugenia Balaure characterized Înger de fata.
- In 1928 action and adventure movie, The Phantom City, Eugenia Gilbert characterized Sally Ann Drew.
- In 1983 drama flick, Prognoza pogody, Eugenia Horecka characterized Pensjonariuszka.
- In 1925 movie, La chavala, Eugenia Illescas played N.
- Eugenia Zúffoli, from 1962 movie Teresa de Jesús, who characterized the Priora convento de la Encarnación.
- Eugenia Bonino, from 1955 film Un palco all'opera, who portrayed the N.
- Eugenia Capizzano, from 2012 drama film Cornelia frente al espejo, who characterized the Cornelia.
- In 2014, Eugenia Costantini portrayed the role of Francesca Calzolari in adventure and drama movie Der stille Berg.
- Eugenia Suárez, from 2016 drama, romance movie El Hilo Rojo, who played Abril.
- Eugenia Lencinas, from 2010 drama movie First Mission, who portrayed the Carmelita.
- In 1990, Eugenia Estévez played the role of N in film Crisis.
- In 1953, Eugenia Badulescu characterized the role of Eliza in action film Nepotii gornistului.
- In 2001 documentary flick, Españolas de portada, Eugenia Silva characterized Eugenia Silva.
- Eugenia Alonso, from 2015 biography and drama movie Francisco - El Padre Jorge, who played Monja Berta.
- In 2013, Eugenia Juárez portrayed the role of N in musical, thriller film P3nd3jo5.
- In 2006, Eugenia Rosales played the role of Rufina Can and Mbaceres in documentary film No hay más sombras: Rufina Cambaceres.
Lists having Eugenia
- Boys names beginning with E
- Girls names beginning with E
- American Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean Noble
- Baby Names that mean Sweet