Gina meaning and origin
Outstanding and Venerable unisex name Gina came from Latin, Celtic, Old Greek and Japanese which is especially used in English, Marathi, Finnish, Swedish, Danish, Oriya, Telugu, Malayalam, German, Norwegian, Hindi, Italian, Bengali, Indian, African, Scandinavian, Gujarati, Tamil, Kannada and Sindhi languages, meaning of Gina is "Powerful Mother of Black People or Well Born". Gina is variation of perpetual, cherished and biblical Jean. Jean is variant of perpetual, biblical and well-known John. Jean is equivalent of Johannes in French language. Also Jean is equivalent of Jeanne in English and Scottish languages. Jean's meaning is God is Gracious, Yahweh is Gracious and Scottish Form of Joan Gracious Gift from God is of Hebrew origin. Gina is Italian form of Gino. The name is celebrated on September 7th or January 3rd.
Variants of Gina
View middle names that goes with Gina like Alexandria, Makenna, Haylee, Shana, Juana, Kylee,Names that rhyme with Gina
Popularity of Gina
a very popular name in United States having over 152667 recievers in 162 years of usage. At the peak of its usage in 1967, the moniker grabbed the 54th spot and 6364 baby girls were given the name. In addition to that, the name has been in the top 100 baby names 18 times In France, Gina was once a common name since emerging in 1914 it has been given to over 5486 babies. At its zenith in 1957,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 97 years.
Gina is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 500 names. In 1996, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 402 on girl names chart when 80 babies were given the name Gina. Over 663 babies in England and Wales have been named Gina. Also, in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 200 names. In 2002, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 106 on girl names chart when 61 babies were given the name Gina. There are over 616 babies that have been given the name Gina in Switzerland.
Gina is an uncommon baby name in Ireland where it had been in use since 1972 and peaked in 1987 when it ranked 242nd. Over 180 babies in Ireland have been named Gina. In Belgium, it is relatively new, first appeared in 1997. However things change on global perspective, Gina is extremely popular in Philippines where every 1 in 500 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Italy, Egypt, Mozambique, Ecuador, Indonesia, Canada, Peru, England, DR Congo, Romania, Colombia, Brazil, Ghana, Central African Republic, Haiti, India, Madagascar, Australia, Mexico, Bulgaria and Angola. At least, 920000 people globally have carried Gina as their given name according to our evaluation.
Gina in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Gina?
You can't stand being imprisoned by your feelings for someone. You would rather pretend that you don't have them. In order to truly succeed in life, you have to work on your personality first. When it comes to romantic relationships, you are a passionate lover. You lack motivation and courage to take an action. So what if you fail? You should be prepared for big achievements. You want to achieve great things in life but without much effort.
If you like Gina, you would love these names
- Fenella is used prevalently in English is a girl name. It is rooted from Gaelic and Celtic, Fenella means "White-Shouldered"
- Ruy - Substantially used in Spanish unheard-of, Ruy has origin in Old High German, Celtic and Germanic, a baby boy name, meaning of Ruy is "Power, Fame or Powerful"
- Kiell - Girl name Kiell is originated from Hawaiian and Celtic, Kiell means "Gardenia". Kiell is a derivation of Kiele.
- Malo - Infrequent unisex name Malo means "Hostage or A Victorious Man" has its origin in Breton, Celtic and Hawaiian is mostly used in Danish and French
- Gordius - The boy name Gordius came from Latin and Celtic, Gordius means "From the Town of Gordium In Phrygia"
Namesakes of Gina
- Gina Bachauer, Greek classical pianist
- Gina Birch, English musician and filmmaker
- Gina Ravera, American actress
- Gina Berriault, American novelist and short story writer
- Gina Sigstad, Norwegian cross country skier
- Gina Gaston, television journalist and currently the lead anchor for KTRK-TV
- Gina Gershon, American actress, singer, and author
- Gina Lollobrigida, Italian actress, photojournalist and sculptor
- Gina Riley, Australian actress, writer, singer and comedian
- Gina McKee, English actress
- Gina Kolata, American science journalist
- Gina Swainson, Bermudian model and beauty queen
- Gina Torres, American television and movie actress
- Gina G, Australian singer
- Gina Tognoni, American actress
- Gina Schock, is best known as the drummer
- Gina Bellman, New Zealand-born British actress best
- Gina Prince-Bythewood, American film director and screenwriter
- Gina Yashere, British comedian who changed her name to Gina Yashere due to many
- Gina Philips, American actress
- Gina Silva, newscaster who works for KTTV Fox News and KCOP
- Gina Haley, American singer-songwriter
- Gina Barreca, American academic and humorist
- Gina Guidi, California native and resident of San Francisco
- Gina Hart, British comics artist best
- Gina Rinehart, Australian mining magnate
- Gina Nemo, American actress, singer, author
- Gina Arnold, American author, music critic, and academic
- Gina Tolleson, American model and beauty queen
- Gina Gogean, retired artistic gymnast from Romania
- Gina Cerminara, American author in the fields of parapsychology
- Gina Kingsbury, retired women's ice hockey player
- Gina Jeffreys, Australian country singer-songwriter
- Gina Glocksen, American singer
- Gina Holden, Canadian actress, perhaps best
- Gina Gallego, American actress, known for her work in television
- Gina Marks, American "psychic" and convicted fraudster
- Gina Pareño, Filipino actress born to a German-American father and a Filipina mother
- Gina Ford, bestselling author of childcare books
- Gina Carano, American actress, television personality
- Gina Ferris Wilkins, best-selling American author of over 85 romance novels
- Gina Breedlove, American singer, songwriter and stage actress
- Gina Tuttle, American actress and voice-over artist
- Gina V. D'Orio, producer, songwriter, and singer
- Gina Hecht, American actress
- Gina La Piana, Latina actress and pop singer
- Gina Green, American Gospel music singer based in Los Angeles
- Gina Bold, English artist/poet, who makes paintings
- Gina Manès, French film actress and a major star of French silent cinema
- Gina Chai in Ghost in the Machine as Actress
- Gina Torrecilla in Britney, Baby, One More Time as Actress
- Gina Fortunato in Walk the Line as Production Manager
- Gina Albert, from 1958 crime, drama film Der Mann im Strom, who played Lena Hinrichs.
- In 1928 comedy, drama flick, Le tourbillon de Paris, Gina Barbieri portrayed La mère.
- In 1929 comedy movie, Uma Encrenca no Olimpo, Gina Bianchi portrayed N.
- In 2008 drama movie, House of Women, Gina Bonati characterized Mother.
- In 1954, Gina Cabrera characterized the role of Carmen Zayas Bazán in drama flick La rosa blanca.
- In 1986, Gina Calabrese characterized the role of Bree Syn in horror and music flick Vicious Lips.
- Gina Caldwell, from 1995 drama and horror movie Black Silence, who characterized N.
- Gina Cotica, from 2012 drama movie Regards, who portrayed Karine.
- In 1932 crime, drama flick, Razzia in St. Pauli, Gina Falckenberg played Else the Dancer.
- In 2003 drama movie, The Cure, Gina Gian characterized Sara.
- Gina Malo, from 1933 musical flick Waltz Time, who portrayed Adele.
- Gina Morett portrayed the important role of Amelia in 2005 drama flick Noticias lejanas.
- In 1996, Gina Moxley characterized the role of Kate in comedy, romance flick Snakes and Ladders.
- Gina Palerme, from 1921 flick L'éternel féminin, who portrayed Gina.
- In 1972, Gina Paluzzi characterized the role of Mrs. Swyner and wife in comedy flick The Pig Keeper's Daughter.
- Gina Relly portrayed the central role of N in 1920 film La dette.
- In 1964, Gina Romand played the role of Marga in action and crime movie Neutrón contra el criminal sádico.
- In 1999 film, Every Messiah Is a Liar, Gina Scianni portrayed N.
- Gina Velour, from 2000 comedy and musical movie Superstarlet A.D., who played Naomi.
- Gina Stag played the minor character of La nonna in 1989 drama movie W Verde.
- Gina Merchan played the vital role of Sarah in 2001 drama movie A Million Miles.
- Gina Alonzo, from 1966 action and romance film Tiagong Lundag, who characterized N.
- Gina Varela, from 2011 horror film The Devil's Rock, who portrayed Helena and Demon.
- In 1915, Gina Montes portrayed the role of N in flick Sul campo dell'onore.
- In 2009, Gina Brazell characterized the role of Memah in drama and horror flick For Whom He Tolls.
Lists having Gina
- Boys names beginning with G
- Girls names beginning with G
- American Baby Names
- Celtic Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Japanese Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- African Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Sindhi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Girl names that ends with -ina
- Popular Girl Names in United States (1980)
- Baby Names that mean Powerful
- Baby Names that mean Mother
- Baby Names that mean Black
- Baby Names that mean People
- Baby Names that mean Race
- Baby Names that mean Women
- Baby Names that mean Woman
- Baby Names that mean White
- Baby Names that mean Wave
- Baby Names that mean Queen
- Baby Names that mean Girl
- Baby Names that mean Farm
- Baby Names that mean Virgin
- Baby Names that mean Pure
- Baby Names that mean King