Emily meaning and origin
Emily's meaning is Industrious, To Strive, Excel, Rival, Eager, Laborious, Emulating, Emily, Imitating or Rivaling used for both sexes used chiefly in Bengali, Faroese, Hindi, Gujarati, Danish, Marathi, Tamil, English, Norwegian, Swedish, Malayalam, Telugu, Arabic, Finnish, Kannada and Oriya is originated from Latin.. Also Emily is English cognate of Émilie. Emily is celebrated on September 19th.
Variants of Emily
View middle names that goes with Emily like Joelle, Callie, Lilly, Gillian, Belinda, Gianna,Names that rhyme with Emily
Popularity of Emily
an extremely popular name in United States having over 851816 recievers in 214 years of usage. Currently the name is rising, in 1996, 26538 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 1st position. In addition to that, the name has been in the top 5 baby names 16 times Also, Emily was a very popular name in England and Wales. Over 111598 babies have been named Emily since 1996. When at the peak of its usage in 2003, the moniker grabbed the 1st spot and 6760 baby girls were given the name. However after 23 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still dominating the charts. Additionally, the given name has been in the top 5 baby names 23 times Also, Emily is a popular name in Ireland given to over 12304 babies in 56 years. When at the peak of its usage in 2011, the moniker grabbed the 1st spot and 626 baby girls were given the name. Moreover, the given name has been to the top 5 baby names 11 times Also, Emily was a popular name in Italy. Over 5111 babies have been named Emily since 2014. When at its peak in 2018, it ranked 38th when 1058 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. However after 5 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still going strong on charts. Additionally, the first name has been in the top 50 baby names 5 times Also, a popular name in New South Wales having over 20576 recievers in 43 years of usage. When at the peak of its usage in 1998, the moniker grabbed the 1st spot and 862 baby girls were given the name. Moreover, the given name has been to the top 5 baby names 18 times
Emily was a common name in France. Over 4964 babies have been named Emily since 1906. At the peak of its usage in 1980,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 56 years. Also, Emily is a common name in Switzerland given to over 2161 babies in 21 years. At the peak of its usage in 2013, 185 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 30th position. Also, Emily is a common name in Netherlands given to over 1572 babies in 5 years. Presently peaking at the charts, 361 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 28th position. Moreover, the given name has been to the top 50 baby names 5 times Also, A common name in Denmark having over 2397 recievers in 13 years of usage. Presently the moniker is on a rise, in 2014, it ranked 22nd when 263 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 50 baby names 13 times Also, In Belgium, Emily was once a common name since emerging in 1995 it has been given to over 2399 babies. At the peak of its usage in 2016,. However after 24 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Also, In Queensland, Emily was once a common name since emerging in 1976 it has been given to over 11749 babies. When at the peak of its usage in 1998,. However after 42 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but it is still going strong. Also, A common name in Western Australia having over 5030 recievers in 27 years of usage. When at the peak of its usage in 1999, 239 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 1st position. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 5 baby names 21 times Also, Emily was a common name in Victoria. Over 3344 babies have been named Emily since 2008. At its zenith in 2013,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 12 years but it is still going strong. In addition to that, the name has been in the top 5 baby names 1 times
Emily is a familiar baby name in Sweden during its short run, it been to the top 100 names. In 1998, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 100 on girl names chart when 76 babies were given the name Emily. The moniker is a rare baby name in Sweden, chances of it being still in use are very slim as it was last seen in 1998. However things change on global perspective, Emily is extremely popular in Philippines where every 1 in 900 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in England, Kenya, Malawi, South Africa, Canada, Australia, Nigeria, Zimbabwe, Ghana, Tanzania, Venezuela, Uganda, Malaysia and Sudan. As per our findings, over 1030000 babies have been bestowed Emily around the globe.
Emily in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Emily
They want to be adored and loved by others. People see you as an exceptional human being because of your determination and fearless attitude. Not being focused on building an impressive career doesn't mean you should stay uneducated and blind. You are ambitious and courageous. You believe that your body is a temple that needs to be taken good care of. And so does the soul. You are never bored. Even when you are alone.
Looking for names similar to Emily? Please go through the following names
- Chandini - Chandini's meaning is A River, Star or Moon Light or a River is used predominantly in Tamil and Malayalam is a gender-neutral name
- Sahina - The girl name Sahina means "Beautiful" is commonly used in Tamil and Arabic
- Rasmi - The unisex name Rasmi means "Silken, Beam of Moon or Full of Light" is used primarily in Gujarati, Tamil and Oriya
- Xander - The widespread unisex name Xander means "Protector, Defender of Mankind or He Who Wards Off (Other) Men". Its origin is in Old Greek is largely used in Finnish and Norwegian. In 2018, celebrated name Xander managed to bag 171st position on baby boy names chart in United States
- Rakin - Meaning of Rakin is Respectable, Respectable Respectful or Respectful used for baby boys, used in Hindi and Arabic is originated from English and Arabic
Namesakes of Emily
- Emily Davison, suffragette
- Emily Tennyson, Lady Tennyson, wife of the poet Alfred, Lord Tennyson
- Emily Cox, US puzzle writer
- Emily Yoffe, journalist and contributing editor for 'The Atlantic'
- Emily Anderson, British Foreign Office official and scholar of German
- Emily Wheaton, British-Australian actress
- Emily Baldwin, , was born in Hartford
- Emily Barton, American novelist, critic, and academic
- Emily Charlotte Talbot, heiress and industrialist of South Wales
- Emily Harrison, American actress
- Emily Perry, Australian actress
- Emily Rix, field hockey player from Canada
- Emily Blatch, Baroness Blatch, British Conservative politician
- Emily Fox, former world record holder at sport stacking
- Emily Gerard, nineteenth-century author best
- Emily de Jongh-Elhage, last Prime Minister of the Netherlands Antilles
- Emily Shore, young English diarist
- Emily Benenson, American figure skater
- Emily Oster, American economist
- Emily Shanks, British painter living in Moscow
- Emily Stevens, New Zealand iris hybridiser in the 1940s and 1950s
- Emily Horne, is best
- Emily Frances, former news entertainment anchor for WPIX
- Emily Cheney Neville, American author
- Emily Arnold McCully, American writer and illustrator
- Emily Rushton, British archer
- Emily Scott, Australian model, DJ, record producer
- Emily Fish, American lighthouse keeper
- Emily Dow Partridge,
- Emily Freeman, retired British athlete
- Emily Petty-Fitzmaurice, Marchioness of Lansdowne, British peeress
- Emily Stone, American journalist
- Emily Farmer, English watercolour painter
- Emily Poynton Weaver, Canadian author
- Emily Pidgeon, former UK athlete
- Emily Young, sculptor working in Britain today
- Emily Maguire, Australian novelist and journalist
- Emily Dolvin, American educator, historic preservationist
- Emily Bushnell, emeritus professor of psychology at Tufts University
- Emily Clark, English novelist and poet
- Emily Robin, infamous British bordello owner at the beginning of the 20th century
- Emily Skinner, Tony-nominated American stage actress and singer
- Emily Wu, Chinese-American writer whose short stories have appeared
- Emily Bavar, reporter for 'The Sentinel Star'
- Emily Martin, sinologist, anthropologist, and feminist
- Emily Jane Hilscher,
- Emily Lawrimore,
- Emily Russell, Baroness Ampthill, British courtier
- Emily Kunstler, American documentary filmmaker
- Emily Chebet, Kenyan long-distance runner
- Emily Ann Parker in Wait Till Helen Comes as Actress
- Emily Milburn in One Perfect Day as Actress
- Emily Tomlins in Bedlam as Actress
- Emily Rossman in Let the Games Begin as Actress
- Emily Marks in Erin Brockovich as Actress
- Emily Kusche in Das kleine Gespenst as Actress
- Emily Sarah Carlson in Bad Words as Actress
- Emily Hanley in Open House as Actress
- Emily Fitzmaurice in GoatSucker as Actress
- Emily Gilchrist in Match Point as Actress
- Emily Procter Emily Mallory Procter Jones, better known as Emily Procter, is an American actress.
- Emily Lloyd acted in movie Cookie
- In 2002, Emily Watson portrayed the role of Lena Leonard in comedy and drama flick Punch-Drunk Love.
- In 1924, Emily Barrye characterized the role of Mara in action, drama flick Battling Brewster.
- Emily Behr portrayed the central role of Melanie Clement in 2020 drama, thriller film Snaeland.
- In 2011, Emily Browning played the role of Babydoll in action and adventure movie Sucker Punch.
- Emily Calloway characterized minor character of Madge Wildfire in 1914 drama flick A Woman's Triumph.
- Emily Y. Chang played the key role of N in 1988 drama film Yuan nu.
- Emily Chichester portrayed the critical role of Patience Meredith in 1920 drama film Once to Every Woman.
- Emily Cranz characterized leading character of Emily - T001 in 1969 action and adventure flick Con licencia para matar.
- In 2000 drama flick, Not for the Moment, Emily Dahlke portrayed Amy.
- Emily Fitzroy, from 1926 mystery, thriller film The Bat, who played the Miss Cornelia Van Gorder.
- In 2001 comedy, romance flick, He Died with a Felafel in His Hand, Emily Hamilton portrayed Sam.
- Emily Hurson portrayed critical character of Lizzie in 1983 movie Chautauqua Girl.
- Emily Johnson-Erday, from 2014 horror, thriller flick Witching Hour, who characterized the Logan.
- In 2000, Emily Kwan characterized the role of Yin in drama, thriller flick Yuk mong hiu lit che.
- In 1986 action, sci-fi movie, Wired to Kill, Emily Longstreth characterized Rebecca.
- In 1919, Emily Marceau portrayed the role of N in drama movie Wild Oats.
- Emily Morgan portrayed vital character of Mary in 1981 drama, romance flick The French Lieutenant's Woman.
- Emily Mortimer characterized significant role of Chloe Hewett Wilton in 2005 drama and romance movie Match Point.
- Emily Perkins, from 2004 horror, thriller flick Ginger Snaps 2: Unleashed, who characterized the Brigitte.
- In 1996 film, Prélude, Emily Woods played Jazzsinger.
- Emily Cohen, from 2016 flick Believe, who played Dancer.
- In comedy movie, Messy the Cat: The Movie, Emily Hoeg portrayed Dr. Rylee Donna.
- In drama flick, Mansa I of Mali Journey to Mecca, Emily Cassidy Mitchell characterized Egyptian.
- In 2016 drama movie, Catalyst, Emily Morales-Cabrera characterized Venus.
- In 2018, Emily Haack characterized the role of Haley in adventure and horror flick In Memory Of.
- In 2006, Emily Barclay characterized the role of Katrina Skinner in comedy and drama flick Suburban Mayhem.
- Emily Peterman, from 2001 film Goodbye to You, who characterized Amber.
- In 2001, Emily Townley portrayed the role of Kathryn Everson in drama film Five Lines.
- Emily Blunt portrayed the leading role of Elise Sellas in 2011 romance and sci-fi film The Adjustment Bureau.
Lists having Emily
- Boys names beginning with E
- Girls names beginning with E
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Arabic Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Popular Girl Names in United States (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Italy (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Switzerland (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Netherlands (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Denmark (2014)
- Popular Girl Names in Belgium (2015)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Northern Territory (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Western Australia (2014)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2012)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2019)
- Baby Names that mean Industrious
- Baby Names that mean Rival
- Baby Names that mean Eager
- Baby Names that mean Laborious
- Baby Names that mean Emulating
- Baby Names that mean Imitating
- Baby Names that mean Rivaling