Hamilton name meaning
On This Page
What does Hamilton mean?
Renowned and Venerable boy name Hamilton came from Old English substantially used in English language, Hamilton means "Beautiful Mountain, Home-lover's Estate or Hill with Grass or Place-name and Surname of One of the Great Noble Families of Scotland".
Hamilton is derived from Hamlet. Hamlet is version of Amlethus. Hamlet is a resultant of Amleth. Lofty and Venerable Hamlet came from Danish and Old English, meaning of Hamlet is "Small Village and Hamlet".
What's Hamilton like for a baby name?
Hamilton is a unique and distinctive name for a baby boy. It has a British origin and means "Flat-topped hill". The name Hamilton sounds elegant and sophisticated, making it a popular choice for parents who are seeking out an edgy alternative to more common names.
Despite not being as popular as other traditional baby boy names, Hamilton has a strong and confident sound that exudes power and strength. Its rare nature makes it an excellent choice for parents who want their child to stand out in a crowd while still having an air of sophistication.
Overall, Hamilton is a great baby name choice if you are looking for something that will make your little boy standout in society.
How do I pronounce Hamilton?
The proper pronunciation of two syllabled Hamilton is ha-mil-ton. The name can also be pronounced as ham(i)-lton.
Variants of Hamilton
Middle Names for Hamilton
Ewel, Brig, Fin, Izan, Orson, Jery, view more middle names that goes with HamiltonNames that rhyme with Hamilton
How popular is the name Hamilton?
Hamilton is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1880 and was able to reach the top 400 names. In 1883, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 347 on boy names chart when 97 babies were given the name Hamilton.
Over 6102 people have been named Hamilton in United States. Hamilton is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, its highest ever rank is 1683 (2018) in its 15 years run on England and Wales naming chart.
In France, it has been in use since 1982 but could not make beyond the top 2000. Over 101 people have been named Hamilton in France.
But Hamilton is a popular baby name in Brazil where every 1 in 4000 have the name as well as in, Angola, Mozambique and South Africa.
As per our research, over 110000 babies have been bestowed Hamilton around the globe.
Hamilton in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Hamilton
Working on spiritual growth is what makes you happy and fulfilled. Your biggest flaw is your self-doubt. You want to achieve a great success and accomplish your dreams in order to prove yourself you can do it. You think a lot and it makes you sick sometimes. You are always in the center of attention because of the unusual lifestyle you lead and life decisions that seem too dangerous to some but inspiring to others.
Do you like Hamilton? Other names you would love
- Serena - Meaning of Serena is The Word Serenus Which is of the Meaning Serene Clear Bright or Peaceful used for both boys and girls used notably in Icelandic, Swedish and Bengali is originated from Latin. Acclaimed Serena ranked at 392 position in 2018 on list of baby girl names in United States
- Adell - Meaning of Adell is Of Noble Figure, Noble and Fight and Of a Noble Kind is a gender insensitive name has its roots in Germanic is used in English. Adell is variant transcription of Adelaide.
- Beverley - Used largely in German, English and English cherished, Beverley aimed at both sexes. Its origin is in Old English and Anglo-Saxon, Beverley means "Beaver Stream, Of the Beaver-stream or From the Beaver Meadow"
- India - Meaning of India is India, Body of Water or South-Asian Country has origin in English and Sanskrit, primarily used in Swedish and Icelandic is given to both genders
- Jules - Jules's meaning is Dedicated to Jupiter or Illustrious Roman Family used for both boys and girls that of Latin origin is used largely in English, French and Dutch
Sibling Names for Hamilton
If you're looking for the perfect name for your new baby boy, why not consider Hamilton? This classic and sophisticated name is sure to stand the test of time. To help you choose a unique and fitting middle or first name, we've compiled a list of sibling names that pair beautifully with Hamilton. Take a look!
Names for Hamilton's sister
Names for Hamilton's brother
Famous people named Hamilton
- Hamilton C. Horton Jr., Hamilton Cowles "Ham" Horton Jr
- Hamilton Harty, Irish composer, conductor, pianist and organist
- Hamilton Bulldogs, professional ice hockey team
- Hamilton Disston, industrialist and real-estate developer
- Hamilton Basso, American novelist and journalist
- Hamilton Boyle, 6th Earl of Cork, son of John Boyle
- Hamilton Wright Mabie, American essayist, editor, critic, and lecturer
- Hamilton Green, is Guyanese politician and once Prime Minister of Guyana
- Hamilton Fulton, British civil engineer
- Hamilton Dibble Jessup, doctor and political figure in Canada West
- Hamilton Walker, lawyer, judge and political figure in Upper Canada
- Hamilton Ward Sr., Hamilton Ward Sr
- Hamilton Fish V, U.S. publisher, social entrepreneur
- Hamilton Hartley Killaly, civil engineer and political figure in Canada West
- Hamilton Kerr, British Conservative Party politician and journalist
- Hamilton Richardson, American businessman from Janesville, Wisconsin
- Hamilton Lanphere Smith, American scientist, photographer, and astronomer
- Hamilton C. Jones, United States Representative from North Carolina
- Hamilton Jukes, British ice hockey player
- Hamilton E. Holmes, American orthopedic physician
- Hamilton Naki, laboratory assistant to cardiac surgeon Christiaan Barnard
- Hamilton Baynes, Church of England priest and Bishop of Natal and Maritzburg
- Hamilton Castner, American industrial chemist
- Hamilton Hume, early explorer of the present-day Australian states of New South Wales and Victoria
- Hamilton Fish III, soldier and Republican politician
- Hamilton Jordan, was Chief of Staff to President of the United States Jimmy Carter
- Hamilton Fish, American politician
- Hamilton Fish Armstrong, American diplomat and editor
- Hamilton Reed, Irish British Army officer
- Hamilton S. Hawkins, United States Army Major General during the Spanish–American War
- Hamilton O. Smith, American microbiologist and Nobel laureate
- Hamilton Fish IV, Hamilton Fish Jr
- Hamilton Rowan Gamble, American jurist and politician
- Hamilton Camp, English-born American singer-songwriter
- Hamilton Cady, American chemist
- Hamilton Masakadza, Zimbabwean cricketer
- Hamilton Fish Kean, U.S. Senator from New Jersey
- Hamilton Fish II, American lawyer and politician
- Hamilton Mitchell, American writer, author, and actor
- Hamilton Lavity Stoutt, first and longest serving Chief Minister of the British Virgin Islands
- Hamilton Ward Jr., Hamilton Ward Jr
- Hamilton Bohannon, American percussionist, band leader
- Hamilton P. Bee, American politician in early Texas; he was secretary of the Texas Senate
- Hamilton Gault, Canadian Army officer and British politician
- Hamilton H. Howze, military person
- Hamilton Parke O'Connor, Ontario lawyer and political figure
- Hamilton Fish II, Sergeant
- Hamilton K. Wheeler, U.S. Representative from Illinois
- Hamilton D. Coleman, businessman and politician
- Hamilton Holt, American educator, editor, author and politician
- In 1914 drama film, The Path Forbidden, Hamilton Crane played Jim Kent.
- Hamilton Stewart played important character of Nick Ratcliffe in 1919 drama film Keeper of the Door.
- In 2017, Hamilton Dlamini characterized the role of Sepoko in drama and thriller movie Five Fingers for Marseilles.
Lists having Hamilton
- Boy names beginning with H
- American Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- Boy names that ends with -ton
- Baby Names that mean Beautiful
- Baby Names that mean Mountain
- Baby Names that mean Home
- Baby Names that mean lover
- Baby Names that mean Estate
- Baby Names that mean Hill
- Baby Names that mean Grass
- Baby Names that mean Town
- Baby Names that mean Small
- Baby Names that mean Village
- Baby Names that mean Proud