Antoinette name meaning
On This Page
What does Antoinette mean?
Predominantly used in Swedish, English, Norwegian, Danish, Finnish, Greenlandic and French durable and illustrous, Antoinette is originated from Latin and Greek and a gender-neutral name, meaning of Antoinette is "Invaluable, Female Version of Anthony, Highly Praiseworthy, From a Roman Clan Name, In the 17th Century, Beyond Praise, Priceless, Inestimable or That Feeds on Flower".
Antoinette is diminutive of Antonia. Antonia is feminine version of Antonius. Antonia means That Feeds on Flower and Priceless Inestimable is originated from Latin and Greek.. Also Antoinette is French equivalent of Antoine.
Also Antoinette is form of Diminutive Form of Antonie in French language.
How do I pronounce Antoinette?
The most common way to pronounce two syllabled Antoinette is a-ntoi-nette. antoin(et)-te is the different way(s) to pronounce the name.
Variants of Antoinette
Nicknames for Antoinette
Probable nicknames for the baby name Antoinette include:Names that rhyme with Antoinette
How popular is the name Antoinette?
Antoinette was among the popular names in United States. Since emerging in 1880 around 78349 babies have been given the given name. When at its peak in 1914, it ranked 170th when 1333 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
However after 150 years, the name is on free fall on the charts. In addition to that, the name has been in the top 500 baby names an astounding 113 times Also, Antoinette is a popular in France where over 72576 new-borns have been given the name since 1900.
When at the peak of its usage in 1901, 2016 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 31st position. Moreover, the given name has been to the top 50 baby names 29 times
Antoinette is a familiar baby name in Ireland, it had been in use since 1964 and was last seen in 2005, during its 39 years of usage, it was able to reach the top 100 names.
In 1968, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 87 on girl names chart when 93 babies were given the name Antoinette. Over 1540 babies in Ireland have been named Antoinette.
The moniker is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 800 names. In 1996, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 783 on girl names chart when 29 babies were named Antoinette.
Over 204 people have been named Antoinette in England and Wales.
Antoinette is an uncommon baby name in Belgium where it is still in use. However things change on global perspective, Antoinette is extremely popular in DR Congo where every 1 in 300 have the name.
Also the baby name is popular in Cameroon, Benin, Rwanda, Burundi, South Africa, Ghana, Burkina Faso, Lebanon, Guinea, Haiti, Netherlands, Switzerland, Ethiopia and Ivory Coast. At least, 580000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our estimate.
Antoinette in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Antoinette?
You are an ambitious person, who's driven by success and high aspirations. You are a hard candy when it comes to romantic relationships. Your friends have a hard time decoding your mood. However, you live by other people's rules and social restrictions which is not good for you. You need an aim in life otherwise, it might affect your mental health in a negative way. To have 7 as your personality number reveals the sensitive side of your personality.
Other names similar to Antoinette, for would be parents
- Beatricia means Blesses is a girl name principally used in English has origin in Latin
- Loree - Originated from Latin, Well-Known and Enduring Loree is used dominantly in English, a gender insensitive name, Loree means "Sweet Bay Tree or Laurel Tree"
- Floro - Floro's meaning is Flower or Blossom came from Latin used as a boy name is used in Portuguese
- Rosane - Meaning of Rosane is Gracious or Flower came from Latin is used for girls
- Spiridon - The uncommon boy name Spiridon is originated from Latin and Old Greek and is used primarily in German and Greek languages, Spiridon means "Spirit"
Middle names for Antoinette
Here are some familiar and attractive middle names we think go great with Antoinette, we've got you covered with these familiar and attractive middle names.
View more middle names that goes with Antoinette.
Sibling Names for Antoinette
Antoinette, a beautiful and classic name, is a great choice for parents who are looking for a unique name for their baby girl. If you have already chosen this name but are struggling to come up with sibling names that complement it, then look no further. We have compiled a list of some of the best sibling names that go perfectly with Antoinette.
For a sister
Brother for Antoinette
Famous people named Antoinette
- Antoinette Bourignon, French-Flemish mystic and adventurer
- Antoinette Sibley, British prima ballerina
- Antoinette Batumubwira, Burundian politician
- Antoinette Martignoni, American artist
- Antoinette Donnelly, newspaper advice columnist and author of books about weight loss
- Antoinette Perry, American actress
- Antoinette Uys, badminton player from South Africa
- Antoinette Brown Blackwell, first woman to be ordained as a mainstream Protestant minister
- Antoinette Frank, former New Orleans police officer who, on March 4
- Antoinette Sterling, Anglo-American vocalist
- Antoinette Lucas, member of the US women's team that finished fifth at the 1996 Summer Olympics
- Antoinette Sayeh, Liberian economist
- Antoinette de Bourbon, French noblewoman of the House of Bourbon
- Antoinette Spaak, Belgian politician
- Antoinette de Mérode, Princess of Monaco, was
- Antoinette Nana Djimou, French heptathlete and pentathlete
- Antoinette Feuerwerker, French jurist and an active fighter
- Antoinette Engel in Disgrace as Actress
- Antoinette Maynard in The Kill as Actress
- Antoinette Boulat in Kingdom of Heaven as Casting Director
- Antoinette Taus in Anna Karenina as Actress
- Antoinette Concello in The Greatest Show on Earth as
- Antoinette Valente in The Truth About Cats & Dogs as Actress
- Antoinette Rose in Lust in Translation as Actress
- Antoinette Dejong in Marathon Monday as Actress
- Antoinette Picatto in The Promise as Actress
- Antoinette Cellier was a theatrical and cinematographic actress of British nationality.
- Antoinette Abbott in movie Girl for Girl as Actress
- Antoinette Bower, from 1978 horror, thriller flick Die Sister, Die!, who characterized Esther Harper.
- Antoinette Giancana played leading role of Narrator in 2008 documentary movie The Other Side of Capone.
- Antoinette Olive, from 1978 drama movie Femme d'un gangster, who characterized N.
- In 1943 drama, romance movie, Bergführer Lorenz, Antoinette Steidle portrayed Mutter Lorenz.
- Antoinette Broderick played critical character of Mrs. Crumble in 2000 drama, romance movie Vacant Lot.
Lists having Antoinette
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Girl names that ends with -nette
- Boy names that starts with Ant
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (1971)
- Popular Girl Names in France (1944)
- Baby Names that mean Invaluable
- Baby Names that mean Female
- Baby Names that mean Highly
- Baby Names that mean Praiseworthy
- Baby Names that mean Roman
- Baby Names that mean Clan
- Baby Names that mean Beyond
- Baby Names that mean Praise
- Baby Names that mean Priceless
- Baby Names that mean Inestimable
- Baby Names that mean Feeds
- Baby Names that mean Flower