Adell name meaning
On This Page
What does Adell mean?
Adell is a two syllable unisex name that originated from the German language and made its way to the United States. While it was traditionally given to boys, in recent years it has gained popularity as a girl's name as well.
The meaning of Adell is "noble" or "of noble kind", which implies respect and admiration for those who share this name.
The origin of Adell dates back to Old German names such as Adela and Adelaide.
Through time, the spelling has changed slightly but the overall essence and meaning have been preserved. Over 7244 babies have been named Adell so far; making it one of the most popular unisex baby names around.
When it comes to giving any baby a name, parents always look for something which reflects authority, care and respectability. Adell definitely fits the bill, with its noble qualities making it an ideal choice for boys and girls alike.
The noble connotations of the name make it feel confident, strong, reliable and trustworthy.
Adell also has a charming quality; due to its two syllables which can be easily expressed in almost any language or dialect.
It carries an authority that is often associated with sophistication but at the same time has a softness that can bring out the sweet nature of a young baby and ease them into their new world as they grow.
For babies who share this beautiful name, Adell carries great strength through its symbolism of being gentle yet powerful, commanding respect and embodying love. This resonates profoundly in every child’s heart as they begin life on earth—armed with a noble origin story entrenched in ancient languages and backed by deep admiration from all who share the same identity.
How is Adell regarded as a baby name?
Adell is a beautiful name for baby girls that has German origins and means "noble." The simplicity and elegance of the name make it easy to pronounce and remember, which adds to its charm.
The name Adell has a classic feel to it, which is perfect for parents who appreciate traditional names that have stood the test of time. This name also has a certain uniqueness to it as it is not commonly heard in modern times.
Overall, Adell is a sweet and charming name that would be perfect for any baby girl looking for a timeless yet distinctive moniker.
How do I pronounce Adell?
a-de-ll is the most common way to pronounce three syllabled Adell.
Variants of AdellNames that rhyme with Adell
How popular is the name Adell?
Adell was a common name in United States. Over 7223 babies have been named Adell since 1881. At its zenith in 1910,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 203 years.
In addition to that, the first name has been in Adell is a rare baby name in England and Wales, chances of it being still in use are very slim as it was last seen in 2006.
Also, Adell is a familiar name in South Africa. As per our findings, over 7000 babies have been bestowed Adell around the globe.
What numbers say about Adell?
When it comes to expressing an opinion about something, you keep it to yourself. You are successful because you never compete with others but with the person, you see in the mirror. You have the heart of a warrior. If letter A is your cornerstone, you are probably full of ambition and the most motivated person you know. You are always preoccupied with other people's problems because they know you are compassionate and ready to help at any time.
Other names similar to Adell, for would be moms
- Lesly - Largely used in English preeminent, Lesly means "Holly, God is Fullness or Garden" and is used for both sexes is of Hebrew, Celtic and Old Irish origin. Frequently Used Lesly ranked at 451 position in 2008 on the list of baby girl names in United States
- Ronda - Used in English celebrated, Ronda means "Good, Presumably Spear or Good Spear" which is rooted from Welsh is used as a gender-neutral name
- Erma - Originated from Old French, German and Old Greek, Well-Known and Conifer Erma means "Universal, Great or Immense", used mostly in Norwegian, English and Finnish is given to both sexes
- Adriana - In fashion Soaring and Customary unisex name Adriana means "From Adria or Dark or Rich" which is used commonly in Finnish and English is originated from Latin
- Alvie - Durable and Prevailing Alvie substantially is used in Swedish and English has origin in Old English, a unisex name, meaning of Alvie is "Diminutive of Alvin or Noble Friend"
Sibling Names for Adell
Adell is a unique and beautiful name. If you are looking for siblings names to come along with Adell, you may want to consider the following:
Sister to Adell
Names for Adell's brother
Famous people named Adell
- Adelle Leonce in Silent Voices as Actress
- Adella Rae in Whose Gift Is That Anyway? as Actress
- Adella Pasos in You and Me as Actress
- Director Adell Aldrich, renowned for movie What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?
Lists having Adell
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Girl names that starts with Ade
- Boy names that ends with -ell
- Baby Names that mean Nobility
- Baby Names that mean Noble
- Baby Names that mean Kind
- Baby Names that mean Small
- Baby Names that mean Winged
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean Honorable
- Baby Names that mean Love
- Baby Names that mean Fight