Hazel meaning and origin
Meaning of Hazel is The Hazel Tree, Hazelnut, Colour of Sun Set, Reddish Brown, Hazel or Leader is of English origin, mainly used in Kannada, Gujarati, Telugu, Marathi, Malayalam, English, Hindi, Tamil, Oriya and Bengali is given to both boys and girls.
Variants of Hazel
View middle names that goes with Hazel like Cash, Penn, Rodrick, Rhett, Jorge, Donte,Names that rhyme with Hazel
Popularity of Hazel
Hazel is a very popular in United States where over 263011 new-borns have been given the name since 1880. Presently the name is rising, in 1897, 7615 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 18th position. Moreover, the name has been to the top 50 baby names 40 times A common name in England and Wales with over 3316 new-borns have been given the name since 1996. Recently peaked at the charts, it ranked 179th when 293 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Also, Hazel is common in New South Wales where over 723 new-borns have been given the name since 2014. The moniker is Recently ascending on the charts, in 2019, it ranked 38th when 166 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Also, Hazel is a common name in Queensland given to over 344 babies in 4 years. Currently the name is rising, in 2019, it ranked 38th when 117 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Also, A common name in Victoria having over 752 recievers in 6 years of usage. The name is current favorite of the parents, in 2019, 216 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 22nd position.
Hazel is a familiar baby name in Ireland, it has been in use since 1964 and was able to reach the top 100 names. In 1997, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 78 on girl names chart when 87 babies were given the name Hazel. There are over 3064 babies that have been given the name Hazel in Ireland. Also, in Western Australia, in just 1 years, it has made it to the top 100 names. Recently in 2019, 55 babies were given Hazel and it reached its peak ranking, 34 on girl names chart.
Hazel is a unique baby name in France, it has been in use since 1981 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. Recently in 2018, it ranked 1027th when 41 girls were named Hazel. Over 218 babies in France have been named Hazel. Also, in Belgium, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 400 names. Recently in 2018, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 326 on girl names chart when 31 babies were named Hazel. Over 214 babies in Belgium have been named Hazel.
Hazel is a rare baby name in Western Australia however it is still in use. But Hazel is a popular baby name in Philippines where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in, England, South Africa, Scotland, Canada, Costa Rica and Jamaica. As per our research, over 340000 babies have been bestowed Hazel around the globe.
Hazel in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Hazel?
You have the heart of a warrior. People complain about your coldness. But these are the people that haven't had the chance to know you better. When it comes to relationships, you hate monogamy and easily fall in and out of love. You are being too hard on people when it comes to their beliefs because you feel the constant urge to prove your theories. You are a born teacher, philosopher, educator, or researcher.
Other names liked by would be parents that are similar to Hazel
- Ethel - Admired and Evergreen unisex name Ethel is originated from German and Old English, Ethel means "Noble or Righteous" is used especially in English and Finnish. On baby girl chart, trendy Ethel elevated to 491st position in 1966 in United States
- Thomas - The famous and perennial unisex name Thomas is used dominantly in Swedish and Faroese, Thomas means "Twin or Gemini" has origin in Aramaic and Hebrew
- Vernon - The prevailing and ever lasting unisex name Vernon means "Alder or Spring Like". It is rooted from Latin and Old French is used prevalently in Tamil and English
- Lee - Commonly Accepted and Evergreen unisex name Lee is used mainly in English and English has its origin in Old English, Latin and Old Greek, Lee means "Wood, Lion or Glade"
- Darryl - Darling Darryl is used dominantly in English normally aimed at both boys and girls, Darryl means "From Airelle, Possibly Originated as a French Place Name or Probably Inspired By a Family Name" has origin in Old French and Latin
Namesakes of Hazel
- Hazel Byford, Baroness Byford, Conservative member of the House of Lords
- Hazel Carby, professor of African American Studies and of American Studies
- Hazel Holt, British novelist
- Hazel Stiebeling, American nutritionist
- Hazel Brannon Smith, white American journalist and publisher
- Hazel Wolf, activist and environmentalist
- Hazel Genn, leading authority on civil justice whose work has had a major influence on policy-makers around the world
- Hazel Massery, student at Little Rock Central High School during the Civil Rights Movement
- Hazel Edwards, short film by Pocket Bonfire Productions which toured nationally with Little Big Shots Film Festival
- Hazel Ward Redman, Trinidad and Tobago television personality
- Hazel Harrison, African-American concert pianist
- Hazel Treweek, Australian academic
- Hazel R. O'Leary, seventh United States Secretary of Energy,
- Hazel Scott, Trinidadian-born jazz and classical pianist
- Hazel Hutchins, Canadian children's author
- Hazel Blears, British Labour Party politician,
- Hazel Carter, stowaway and writer from Douglas, Arizona
- Hazel Dickens, American bluegrass singer, songwriter
- Hazel O'Connor, British singer-songwriter and actress
- Hazel Hawke, first wife of Bob Hawke
- Hazel Hotchkiss Wightman, American tennis player and founder of the Wightman Cup
- Hazel Court, English actress best known for her roles
- Hazel, American alternative rock band based in Portland
- Hazel Bishop, American chemist and the founder of the cosmetics company Hazel Bishop
- Hazel Henderson, futurist and an economic iconoclast
- Hazel Lavery, painter and the second wife of portrait artist Sir John Lavery
- Hazel Irvine, Scottish television presenter
- Hazel Abel, American educator and politician
- Hazel Cosgrove, Lady Cosgrove, Scottish lawyer and judge
- Hazel Barnes, American philosopher, author, and translator
- Hazel Ying Lee, Chinese-American pilot
- Hazel Farris,
- Hazel Beard, first woman and the first Republican to have served as mayor of Shreveport
- Hazel Forbes, American dancer and actress from Gettysburg
- Hazel Miner, a student at a rural Great Plains one-room school, died while protecting her 10-year-old brother, Emmet, and 8-year-old sister
- Hazel Dawn, American stage, film and television actress
- Hazel Mae, Filipino-Canadian sportscaster
- Hazel Townson, English children's-literature author
- Hazel Manning, former Trinidad and Tobago politician
- Hazel Buckham, American stage and early silent film actress
- Hazel Ann Mendoza, Filipina actress who is a former Star Magic talent
- Hazel Spears in Penitentiary as Actress
- Hazel Adair in Life in Emergency Ward 10 as Writer
- Hazel Rudd in Ballet Lesson as Actress
- Hazel Savolainen in The Few, the Super as Actress
- Hazel Hayes in Super Brainy Zombies as Actress
- Hazel Orencio in Norte, hangganan ng kasaysayan as Actress
- Hazel Faith Dela Cruz in Ekstra as Actress
- Hazel Medina in Music of the Heart as Actress
- Hazel Applegate acted in short His Regeneration
- Hazel Adams played the minor character of Irma Middleton in 1918 drama flick The Debt of Honor.
- Hazel Ascot characterized central role of Hazel Warrington in 1938 musical film Stepping Toes.
- Hazel Brooks portrayed the significant role of Alice in 1947 drama and film-noir film Body and Soul.
- In 1919, Hazel Coates portrayed the role of Dorothy's Girlfriend in drama flick What Love Forgives.
- In 2000, Hazel Ann Crawford played the role of Gina MacKenzie in drama flick Love the One You're with.
- In 1917, Hazel Daly portrayed the role of Honey in comedy movie Skinner's Bubble.
- Hazel Deane characterized the leading character of Ruth Bryson in 1923 action and mystery film The Secret of the Pueblo.
- Hazel Espinosa, from 2000 drama film Live Show, who portrayed the Sandra.
- Hazel Flint, from 1927 drama movie Modern Daughters, who portrayed N.
- In 1921 western film, Western Hearts, Hazel Hart portrayed Grace Adams.
- Hazel Jones, from 1919 crime, drama flick The Secret of the Moor, who characterized the Mildred Morpeth.
- In 1924 action and romance flick, North of Nevada, Hazel Keener played Marion Ridgeway.
- Hazel Mills, from 1929 action and adventure flick The Fighting Terror, who portrayed N.
- Hazel Dolphy, from drama flick Shield, who portrayed Makari Cooper.
- In 2016, Hazel Croney portrayed the role of Item song in action, thriller flick khel toh ab shuru hoga.
- Hazel Keech characterized the key character of Maya in 2011 action and comedy movie Bodyguard.
Lists having Hazel
- Boys names beginning with H
- Girls names beginning with H
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Popular Girl Names in United States (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2019)
- Baby Names that mean Headland
- Baby Names that mean Trees
- Baby Names that mean Hazelnut
- Baby Names that mean Tree
- Baby Names that mean Colour
- Baby Names that mean Sun
- Baby Names that mean Reddish
- Baby Names that mean Brown
- Baby Names that mean Leader