Asma meaning and origin
Asma's meaning is Sky, He was Ibn Harithah Alaslami, Excellent, Precious, Daughter of Abu Bakr, Higher, Loftier, Beautiful, Kind, Prestige, Sublime, Who is Beautiful, The Graceful or High Status is originated from Arabic is a gender-neutral name is primarily used in Arabic, Norwegian, Kannada, Finnish, Swedish, African, Turkish, Swahili, Danish, Gujarati and Sindhi. Asma is feminine version of Asmus. Asmus is short form of Erasmus. Asmus is German cognate of Erasmus. Asmus means Erasmios and Gracious is of Old Greek origin.
Variants of AsmaNames that rhyme with Asma
Popularity of Asma
In United States, Asma was once a common name since emerging in 1971 it has been given to over 2044 babies. At its zenith in 2016,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 48 years. Also, Asma used to be a common name in France, first appeared in 1967 and over 7930 babies have been given the name in 49 years. At the peak of its usage in 2017,. However after 49 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still in a strong position.
Asma is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 600 names. In 2005, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 530 on girl names chart when 64 babies were named Asma. There are over 1149 babies that have been given the name Asma in England and Wales. Asma is a unique baby name in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 300 names. In 1995, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 285 on girl names chart when 36 babies were named Asma. Over 570 people have been named Asma in Belgium.
Asma is an uncommon baby name in Switzerland where it has been in use since 1998 and achieved its top ranking of 645 in 2017. However things change on global perspective, Asma is extremely popular in Bangladesh where every 1 in 300 have the name as well as in, Pakistan, India and Sudan. Also the baby name is popular in Tunisia, Libya, Iran, Algeria, Morocco, Afghanistan, Egypt, Indonesia, Eritrea, Tanzania, Djibouti, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Nigeria, Somalia, United Arab Emirates, Malaysia, Ethiopia, England and Kenya. At least, 1980000 people globally have been given the name as per our research.
Asma in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Asma?
You have no enemies. You never get tired from trying to be better than you were yesterday. Be the living proof to those who ignored you, they need to realize you were right this whole time. You need to be in charge of your emotions otherwise, your emotions will control your mind and life in general, you believe. Unexpected problems boost your confidence and raise your adrenaline because you look at them as ways to prove you can handle just about everything coming on your way.
You would love these names similar to Asma
- Hamid - Curious boy name Hamid is largely used in Norwegian, Gujarati and Finnish, meaning of Hamid is "Laudable, Praiser or Praiseworthy" is of Arabic origin
- Ishfaq - Prevalently used in Arabic and Arabic, Ishfaq means "Affection or Compassion" is used as a gender-neutral name
- Mana - Unfamiliar Manas origin is Japanese and Hawaiian bestowed upon both sexes used primarily in Kannada and Sanskrit, meaning of Mana is "Similar or Supernatural Power"
- Waheeda - Waheeda's meaning is Only or Exclusive is a baby girl name and rooted from Arabic is used in Kannada, Hindi and Telugu
- Adeen - Used in Arabic and English new-fangled and unorthodox, Adeen is used as a gender-neutral name, Adeen means "Good Luck, Pious and Decorated" came from Hebrew. Adeen is short version of Adina.
Namesakes of Asma
- Asma al-Assad, First Lady of Syria
- Asma Jahangir, Pakistani human rights lawyer and social activist
- Asma Gull Hasan, American writer
- Asma Barlas, Pakistani-American writer and academic
- Asmaa Lazrak in Much Loved as Actress
- Asma Agbarieh-Zahalka is an Israeli journalist and political activist who heads the party Organization for Democratic Action.
- Asma Andraos acted in movie Around the Pink House
Lists having Asma
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- Arabic Baby Names
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- African Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Sindhi Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Turkish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean Sky
- Baby Names that mean Excellent
- Baby Names that mean Precious
- Baby Names that mean Daughter
- Baby Names that mean Exalted
- Baby Names that mean Beautiful
- Baby Names that mean Honourable
- Baby Names that mean Eminent
- Baby Names that mean Kind
- Baby Names that mean Girl
- Baby Names that mean Sublime
- Baby Names that mean Graceful
- Baby Names that mean High