Isobel meaning and origin
Unfading and Prevalent Isobel is used prevalently in Scottish and English, Isobel means "Scottish Form of Isabel Consecrated to God, Pledged to God, God's Promise, God is Perfection or Variant of Elizabeth". It is rooted from Hebrew is given to girls. Also Isobel is equivalent of Elizabeth in English language. Also Isobel is equivalent of Isabel in Scottish and English languages. Also Isobel is English form of Isobel.
Variants of Isobel
View middle names that goes with Isobel like Claira,Names that rhyme with Isobel
Popularity of Isobel
Isobel was among the popular names in England and Wales. Since emerging in 1996 around 18049 babies have been given the given name. At its zenith in 2003, the moniker grabbed the 50th spot and 1098 baby girls were given the name. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 23 years but still going strong on charts. Moreover, the name has been to the top 50 baby names 1 times
Isobel used to be a common name in United States, first appeared in 1894 and over 3183 babies have been given the name in 96 years. When at its peak in 1916,. However after 96 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Isobel is a familiar baby name in Ireland, it has been in use since 1964 and was able to reach the top 100 names. In 2008, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 81 on girl names chart when 86 babies were given the name Isobel. There are over 1380 babies that have been given the name Isobel in Ireland.
Isobel is an uncommon baby name in France where it is still in use. But Isobel is a popular baby name in Scotland where every 1 in 500 have the name as well as in England. At least, 30000 people globally have carried Isobel as their given name according to our research.
Isobel in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Isobel
Letter L as your capstone associated your personality with deep emotions, depressive phases, responsibility, and a competitive spirit. You are a peacemaker and always avoid conflicts. You are a lone wolf who can survive on his own because of his skills, highly developed sense of intuition, and the ability to provide for himself. You are a passionate lover but take people for granted. You are a wise person with great knowledge that you intend on sharing in the future.
Other names similar to Isobel, for would be parents
- Elkun - Origin of Elkun is in Hebrew is a baby boy name, meaning of Elkun is "God has Created God has Bought God has Possessed God is Zealous, El and Kanah". Elkun is resultant of Elkanah.
- Lael - Used especially in English uncommon and evergreen, Lael is a gender-neutral name, Lael means "Of God" is originated from Hebrew
- Maryvon - Of Hebrew origin, Maryvon means "Sea or Shrub"
- Johny means God is Gracious is used as a gender-neutral name and is largely used in Norwegian, Swedish and Danish came from Hebrew
- Annag - Girl name Annag has its origin in Hebrew which is used mainly in Sanskrit and Scottish languages, meaning of Annag is "Grain or Favour"
Namesakes of Isobel
- Isobel Gowdie, women
- Isobel of Huntingdon, daughter of David of Scotland
- Isobel Lang, weather presenter for Sky News
- Isobel Baillie, Scottish soprano, popular in opera
- Isobel Thomson, member of the national team that finished sixth at the 1984 Summer Olympics
- Isobel Lennart, American screenwriter and playwright
- Isobel Cooper, English operatic pop soprano singer
- Isobel Schenk, Christian missionary
- Isobel Bennett, AO 1984 was one of Australia's best-known marine biologists
- Isobel Barnett, British radio and television personality
- Isobel Gunn, Scottish labourer employed by the Hudson's Bay Company
- Isobel Finnerty, Canadian Senator
- Isobel Campbell, Scottish singer-songwriter, cellist and composer
- Isobel Black, British actress
- Isobel Redmond, former Australian politician
- Isobel Miller Kuhn, Canadian Christian missionary to the Lisu people of Yunnan Province
- Isobel Joyce, Irish former cricketer
- Isobel Elsom, English screen, stage and television actress
- Isobel Mahon in The Old Triangle as Actress
- Isobel Hawking in A Brief History of Time as
- Isobel Hurll in Phobias as Actress
- Isobel Raine in The Darkest Light as Actress
- Isobella Hubbard in Making It as Actress
- Isobel Wren in Succubus XXX as Actress
- Isobel Buchanan in Lakmé as Actress
- Isobel Yeung in Francis Lui as Miscellaneous Crew
- Isobel Dryburgh is notable for her acting in movie The Piano
- In thriller film, The Wrong Place, Isobel Laidler portrayed Leanan.
Lists having Isobel
- Biblical Girl Names
- Girl names beginning with I
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Hebrew Girl Names
- Scottish Girl Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Popular Girl Names in England & Wales (2013)
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (2011)
- Baby Names that mean Consecrated
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Pledged
- Baby Names that mean Promise
- Baby Names that mean Oath
- Baby Names that mean Perfection