Isabella meaning and origin
Origin of Darling and Conifer Isabella is in Hebrew, meaning of Isabella is "Consecrated to God, God is My Oath, God is Perfection or God Protects My House" bestowed upon both genders is used in Icelandic, Spanish, Faroese, Dutch, Greenlandic, Norwegian, English, Romanian, German, Old Danish, Swedish, Danish, Italian, Finnish and Scandinavian. Isabella is resulted from Elisabeth. Elisabeth is variation of preeminent, leading soaring and enduring Elizabeth. Origin of Loved and Enduring Elisabeth is in Hebrew, meaning of Elisabeth is "Consecrated to God, My God has Sworn and God is My Oath". Also Isabella is Spanish form of Elizabeth. Also Isabella is Italian and Scandinavian form of Isabel. Also Isabella is Spanish and Portuguese equivalent of Elisabet. The name is celebrated on February 22nd.
Variants of Isabella
Bella, Bergljot, Berit, Annabella, Arabella, Belinda, Elizabeth, Isabel, Mirabelle, Isabelle, Elisabet, Isabellagrace, Elisheba, Alizabeth, Eilis, Elza, Annaelizabeth, Elizabethmarie, Beileag, Elisa, Izabela, Maribel, Elisabed, Elsa
View middle names that goes with Isabella like Myrtle, Trine, Lillie, Ashlie, Maricela, Gaelle,Names that rhyme with Isabella
Popularity of Isabella
Isabella is an extremely popular in United States where over 335431 new-borns have been given the name since 1880. At present the moniker is on a rise, in 2009, 22898 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 1st position. Additionally, the first name has been in the top 5 baby names 13 times Also, Isabella was a popular name in England and Wales. Over 46932 babies have been named Isabella since 1996. When at the peak of its usage in 2016, the moniker grabbed the 6th spot and 3464 baby girls were given the name. However after 23 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still going strong on charts. Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 10 baby names 8 times Also, Isabella was a popular name in Denmark. Over 8313 babies have been given the first name in 26 years. When at the peak of its usage in 2010, 685 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 1st position. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 26 years. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 5 baby names 4 times Also, Isabella was among the popular names in New South Wales. Since emerging in 1993 around 11190 babies have been given the moniker. At the peak of its usage in 2007, it ranked 1st when 623 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. However after 27 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still performing better than most of the names. In addition to that, the name has been in the top 5 baby names 8 times
Isabella was a common name in Ireland. Over 2080 babies have been named Isabella since 1964. When at its peak in 2014,. However after 41 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong. Also, A common name in Spain having over 594 recievers in 2 years of usage. Recently peaked at the charts, the moniker grabbed the 97th spot and 308 baby girls were given the name. Also, A common name in Netherlands with over 1123 new-borns have been given the name since 2015. Presently the moniker is on a rise, in 2019, it ranked 49th when 251 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Also, A common name in Sweden having over 4093 recievers in 13 years of usage. When at its peak in 2010, the moniker grabbed the 26th spot and 467 baby girls were given the name. Also, Isabella is a common name in Queensland given to over 6319 babies in 27 years. When at the peak of its usage in 2009, 403 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 3rd position. Also, Isabella used to be a common name in Western Australia, first appeared in 2001 and over 1575 babies have been given the name in 11 years. At the peak of its usage in 2011,. After 11 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Moreover, the given name has been to the top 5 baby names 3 times Also, A common name in Victoria with over 3367 new-borns have been given the name since 2008. At its zenith in 2008, 422 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 4th position. In addition to that, the name has been in the top 5 baby names 2 times
Isabella is a familiar baby name in France, it has been in use since 1911 and was able to reach the top 600 names. In 1965, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 507 on girl names chart when 80 babies were named Isabella. Over 1411 people have been named Isabella in France. Also, in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 100 names. In 2010, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 85 on girl names chart when 78 babies were given the name Isabella. Over 873 babies in Switzerland have been named Isabella.
In Belgium, Isabella is a unique name where it has been in use since 1995 and has secured the place in top 400 names. In 2015, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 331 on girl names chart when 31 babies were named Isabella. Over 345 babies in Belgium have been named Isabella. The moniker is an uncommon baby name in Northern Territory, in use since 2003, peaked in 2008 when it ranked 1st. Over 208 people have been named Isabella in Northern Territory.
Isabella is a rare baby name in Spain still in use today. There are over 594 babies that have been given the name Isabella in Spain. But Isabella is a popular baby name in Brazil where every 1 in 9000 have the name as well as in, South Africa, Germany, Scotland, Ghana, Austria, England and Kenya. At least, 420000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our findings.
Isabella in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Isabella?
You are full of dignity, charm, and have a lot of admirers because of your openness and kind nature. If you want to play with the big players, act like one. You are hard to read but once someone gets close to you, you allow the person to manipulate you on purpose in order to see how he or she will treat you thinking they have power over you. Instead of exploring and searching for something the whole time, try to enjoy life.
Other names similar to Isabella
- Agathe - Used particulary in English and Danish new-fangled and unwonted, Agathe aimed at girls. Its origin is in Old Greek, Agathe means "The Good"
- Aike - Frisian name Aike is used specifically in Dutch, a baby boy name, meaning of Aike is "Sword or Sword Tip"
- Arjan - Chiefly used in Frisian and Albanian unusual, Arjan means "Tree, From Hadria or From Adria" which originated from Albanian and Latin is aimed at baby boys
- Hendrina - Girl name Hendrina is largely used in German and Dutch. Its origin is in Old High German, Hendrina means "Home or Homeland"
- Jantine - Predominantly used in Slavic and Dutch, Jantine means "God is Merciful" and is aimed at girls is originated from Hebrew
Namesakes of Isabella
- Isabella Beeton, English journalist, editor and writer
- Isabella Andreini, Italian actress and writer
- Isabella MacDuff, Countess of Buchan, significant figure
- Isabella Eugénie Boyer, French model
- Isabella Colbran,
- Isabella Ginor, Israeli journalist and an analyst on post-Soviet affairs
- Isabella Ochichi, silver medal winner in the final of the women's 5
- Isabella Stewart Gardner, leading American art collector, philanthropist
- Isabella Santacroce, Italian novelist
- Isabella Whitney, was arguably the first female poet and professional woman writer
- Isabella Bendidio, Ferrarese noblewoman who
- Isabella Leonarda, Italian composer from Novara
- Isabella Banks, 19th-century writer of English poetry and novels,
- Isabella de' Medici, daughter of Cosimo I de' Medici
- Isabella Kelly, Scottish novelist and poet
- Isabella Pallavicini,
- Isabella of Castile, Queen of Aragon, first Queen consort of James II of Aragon and the second wife of John III
- Isabella Dal Balcon, Italian professional snowboarder based in Torino
- Isabella Ingram-Seymour-Conway, Marchioness of Hertford, English courtier and mistress of King George IV when he was Prince of Wales
- Isabella Hökmark, Swedish politician of the Moderate Party
- Isabella de Braose, eldest daughter of William de Braose
- Isabella d'Este, was 'marquise' of Mantua and one of the leading women of the Italian Renaissance as a major cultural and political figure
- Isabella of France, was Queen of England as the wife of Edward II
- Isabella of Angoulême, was queen consort of England as the second wife of King John
- Isabella Rossellini, Italian actress, filmmaker, author, philanthropist
- Isabella II of Spain, was Queen regnant of Spain from 1833 until 1868
- Isabella of Valois, was Queen consort of England as the second spouse of King Richard II
- Isabella II of Jerusalem, princess of French origin
- Isabella I of Jerusalem, was Queen regnant of Jerusalem
- Isabella Macdonald, first wife of John A. Macdonald
- Isabella of Mar, first wife of Robert Bruce VII, Earl of Carrick
- Isabella of Portugal, Duchess of Burgundy, was Duchess of Burgundy as the third wife of Duke Philip the Good
- Isabella of Austria,
- Isabella Clara Eugenia, was sovereign of the Spanish Netherlands
- Isabella of Hainault, was Queen of France as the first spouse of King Philip II
- Isabella of Cyprus, also known as 'Isabelle de Lusignan'
- Isabella of Lusignan, daughter of Hugh X of Lusignan and his wife Isabella of Angoulême
- Isabella Bird, nineteenth-century English explorer, writer
- Isabella of Aragon, Queen of France, }} was Queen consort of France
- Isabella Leong, Hong Kong-based Macanese actress and former singer
- Isabella of England, was Holy Roman Empress, Queen of the Germans
- Isabella Blow,
- Isabella of Bourbon, second wife of Charles the Bold
- Isabella of Armenia, Princess of Tyre, daughter of Leo II of Armenia
- Isabella Jagiellon, oldest child of Polish King Sigismund I the Old
- Isabella of Aragon, Duchess of Milan,
- Isabella of Clermont, Sovereign Princess of Taranto and first Queen consort of Ferdinand I of Naples
- Isabella Hofmann, American actress
- Isabella FitzRoy, Duchess of Grafton, British peer and heiress
- Isabella Greenway, is best known as the first U.S. congresswoman
- Isabella Biagini in Maria Rosa la guardona as Actress
- Isabella Adore in She's Got Big Boobs! 2 as Actress
- Isabella Hervey in Episode #2.1 as
- Isabella Lamas in Linda's Voice as Miscellaneous Crew
- Isabella Weibrecht in Lee Marvin: A Personal Portrait by John Boorman as Miscellaneous Crew
- Isabella Zentkovich in A.C.O.D. as Actress
- Isabella Santodomingo in Colombianos, un acto de fe as Actress
- Isabella Watts in The Desert as Actress
- Isabella Woodlock in Good Deed as Actress
- Isabella Alberti in Sea Odyssey as Actress
- Isabella Acres is an American actress.
- Isabella Chow played the central character of N in 1995 action, crime film Zhong e Lie Che da jie an.
- In 2013, Isabella Jarrett characterized the role of Ursula Loren in comedy, drama film Xanadu.
- In 2001 romance film, Frau2 sucht HappyEnd, Isabella Parkinson portrayed Mai Winter.
- In 1970, Isabella Rei characterized the role of Bimbi in comedy movie Oh dolci baci e languide carezze.
- In 1938, Isabella Riva characterized the role of Maria Dantec in crime movie L'ultima carta.
- Isabella Schou, from 2006 horror, thriller movie The Gleam, who portrayed the Mrs. Buckley.
- In 1992 drama flick, Aaron Sent Me, Isabella Simone portrayed Lisa Callahan.
- Isabella Abati, from 1955 movie Cantate con noi, who characterized the Giulietta.
- In 1993, Isabella Martelli characterized the role of N in flick Le vigne di Meylan.
- In 2014 action movie, Tief Drin, Isabella Garduzi characterized Scared Girl.
- Isabella Quaranta played small character of N in 1915 film Romanticismo.
- Isabella Gomez played significant role of N in 2004 drama movie Karelasyon.
- Isabella Sky, from 2010 drama film Voyeur's Deviant Sins, who characterized the Anna.
- In 2010 drama flick, La nostra vita, Isabella Ragonese portrayed Elena.
- In 1919, Isabella Zanchi portrayed the role of N in drama film Medea di Portamedina.
- Isabella Meirelles characterized the important role of Bel in 2008 drama film Praça Saens Peña.
Lists having Isabella
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with I
- Girls names beginning with I
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Dutch Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Roman Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -bella
- Popular Girl Names in United States (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Switzerland (2011)
- Popular Girl Names in Netherlands (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Denmark (2012)
- Popular Girl Names in Denmark (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Northern Territory (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Western Australia (2011)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2012)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Sweden (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Consecrated
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Oath
- Baby Names that mean Perfection
- Baby Names that mean Pledged
- Baby Names that mean Promise
- Baby Names that mean Bountiful
- Baby Names that mean Plenty
- Baby Names that mean Protects
- Baby Names that mean House