Eilis meaning and origin
Anomalous Eilis is originated from Hebrew is mostly used in Irish and Gaelic, Eilis means "God is Fullness or My God is Perfect" is used for baby girls. Eilis is a variant form of sky-scraping leading and desirable Elizabeth. Rare Elizabeth's origin is Hebrew, meaning of Elizabeth is "God is My Oath and God is Fullness". Eilis is derivation of Elisabeth. Elisabeth is variant of prominent and biblical Elizabeth. Meaning of Elisabeth is My God has Sworn, Fullness of God and My God is Perfect is of Hebrew origin.. Eilis is celebrated on November 17th.
Variants of EilisNames that rhyme with Eilis
Popularity of Eilis
Eilis is a unique baby name in Ireland, it has been in use since 1964 and was able to reach the top 200 names. In 1987, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 164 on girl names chart when 35 babies were named Eilis. Over 852 people have been named Eilis in Ireland. Eilis is an uncommon baby name in United States, even after 23 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 6000. Over 208 babies in United States have been named Eilis. In England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and peaked in 1996 when it ranked 1031st. Over 131 babies in England and Wales have been named Eilis.
Also, Eilis is a familiar name in England. As per our findings, over 1000 people has been named Eilis globally.
Numerological aspects of Eilis
You have high ideals. You are lagging behind on motivational front. You don't have time for people who don't have time for themselves. Your friends are like addicted to you, but your family isn't very happy with how you live your life cause you are restless. You are a good friend who listens and never judges. Nothing escapes your eye, your sense of smell is highly developed, such as your sense of touch.
Other names similar to Eilis
- Davita - Infrequent girl name Davita means "Beloved or Feminine Form of David" has its roots in Hebrew is dominantly used in English
- Madia - Used in Spanish rarefied, Madia means "Praiseworthy" has its roots in Hebrew is aimed at baby girls
- Tamie - Famed Tamie came from Hebrew is used in English, meaning of Tamie is "Gemini or Date Palm" is used as a gender insensitive name
- Dovydas - Of Hebrew origin, Dovydas is used substantially in Lithuanian, Dovydas means "Beloved" is used as a boy name
- Cob - Majorly used in English, Cob has origin in Hebrew and is bestowed upon baby boys, meaning of Cob is "Heel or He who Supplants"
Namesakes of Eilis
- Eilish K. Melick in Summoned as Actress
- Eilish O'Carroll in Mrs. Brown's Boys D'Movie as Actress