Eilis name meaning
On This Page
What does Eilis mean?
Anomalous Eilis is originated from Hebrew is mostly used in Irish and Gaelic, Eilis means "God is Fullness or My God is Perfect" is used for baby girls. Eilis is a variant form of sky-scraping leading and desirable Elizabeth.
Rare Elizabeth's origin is Hebrew, meaning of Elizabeth is "God is My Oath and God is Fullness". Eilis is derivation of Elisabeth. Elisabeth is variant of prominent and biblical Elizabeth. Meaning of Elisabeth is My God has Sworn, Fullness of God and My God is Perfect is of Hebrew origin..
Eilis is celebrated on November 17th.
Eilis's impression as a baby name
Eilis is a beautiful and unique name for a baby girl that has become increasingly popular in recent years. Its origin in Hebrew language means "God's promise," which gives the name a spiritual and meaningful edge.
Eilis is an elegant and sophisticated name that exudes gracefulness, charm, and poise. It has a timeless quality that makes it perfect for any generation or era. The name Eilis also has a strong musical connection, as it is the Irish variation of the name Elizabeth which has been popularized by numerous songs over the years.
Overall, Eilis is an exceptional choice for parents looking for something different yet classic and significant for their daughter's name.
How do I pronounce Eilis?
The proper pronunciation of one syllabled Eilis is EYE-leesh. The pronunciation choose to emphasis on first EYE syllable. The other ways to say the name is e(i)-lis.
Variants of EilisNames that rhyme with Eilis
How popular is the name Eilis?
Eilis is a unique baby name in Ireland, it has been in use since 1964 and was able to reach the top 200 names. In 1987, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 164 on girl names chart when 35 babies were named Eilis.
Over 852 people have been named Eilis in Ireland. Eilis is an uncommon baby name in United States, even after 23 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 6000.
Over 208 babies in United States have been named Eilis. In England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and peaked in 1996 when it ranked 1031st. Over 131 babies in England and Wales have been named Eilis.
Also, Eilis is a familiar name in England. As per our findings, over 1000 people has been named Eilis globally.
Numerological aspects of Eilis
You have high ideals. You are lagging behind on motivational front. You don't have time for people who don't have time for themselves. Your friends are like addicted to you, but your family isn't very happy with how you live your life cause you are restless. You are a good friend who listens and never judges. Nothing escapes your eye, your sense of smell is highly developed, such as your sense of touch.
Other names similar to Eilis
- Davita - Infrequent girl name Davita means "Beloved or Feminine Form of David" has its roots in Hebrew is dominantly used in English
- Madia - Used in Spanish rarefied, Madia means "Praiseworthy" has its roots in Hebrew is aimed at baby girls
- Tamie - Famed Tamie came from Hebrew is used in English, meaning of Tamie is "Gemini or Date Palm" is used as a gender insensitive name
- Dovydas - Of Hebrew origin, Dovydas is used substantially in Lithuanian, Dovydas means "Beloved" is used as a boy name
- Cob - Majorly used in English, Cob has origin in Hebrew and is bestowed upon baby boys, meaning of Cob is "Heel or He who Supplants"
Sibling Names for Eilis
Choosing a name for your baby can be one of the most exciting but difficult decisions to make. If you've decided on the beautiful name Eilis, you may be wondering what names would complement it perfectly for siblings. Here are some great options to consider.
For a sister
Brother for Eilis
Famous people named Eilis
- Eilish K. Melick in Summoned as Actress
- Eilish O'Carroll in Mrs. Brown's Boys D'Movie as Actress
Lists having Eilis
- Girl names beginning with E
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Hebrew Girl Names
- Gaelic Girl Names
- Irish Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -lis
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Fullness
- Baby Names that mean Perfect