Miah name meaning
On This Page
What does Miah mean?
Used largely in English and Arabic eminent, Miah is originated from Latin, Hebrew and Sanskrit and a gender insensitive name, Miah means "Illusion, The Moon, Mine or Bitterness". Miah is variant of well-known and recently rising Maya.
Maya is variant form of admired Maja. Also Maya is variant of perpetual and prevalent May. Maya is derivative of Marie. Originated from Latin and Hebrew, Renowned Maya, Maya means "Wet Nurse and Durga".
Is Miah a pleasant name for a baby?
Miah is a unique and charming name for baby girls that carries a sense of mysticism and tranquility. It has its roots in Sanskrit, which means "Of the sea; Dream." Miah is neither common nor too obscure, making it a great choice for parents who want to give their daughter a distinctive and memorable name.
The name is also easy to pronounce and spell, making it accessible to people from all cultures. Miah has an enigmatic quality to it that can inspire creativity and imagination in children as they grow up.
Overall, Miah is an excellent choice for parents seeking a versatile yet captivating name for their little girl.
How do I pronounce Miah?
The most common pronunciation of one syllabled Miah is MEE-ah. There should be emphasis on first MEE syllable while speaking. Some people pronounce it as miah.
Variants of Miah
Maria, Mariam, Mariamne, Mirjam, Maya, Maja, May, Maaja, Sumaya, Mayarose, Maarja, Maraike, Mara, Angelamaria, Maite, Marriam, Miriam, Mary, Mamre, Marianne, Mireio, Maha, Maje, Maj, Margit, Marit, Marina, Mae, Mai, Maylyn, Mya, Mâja, Sumaaya, Shoshana, Sousanna, Sue, Samiya
How popular is the name Miah?
In United States, Miah was once a common name since emerging in 1974 it has been given to over 7975 babies. When at the peak of its usage in 2012,. However after 45 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still in a strong position.
Miah is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 600 names. In 2011, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 583 on girl names chart when 69 babies were named Miah.
There are over 935 babies that have been given the name Miah in England and Wales.
Miah is an uncommon baby name in still in use in France. Miah is a rare baby name in Ireland however it is still in use.
But Miah is a popular baby name in Indonesia where every 1 in 30000 have the name. At least, 10000 people globally have been given the name as per our research.
Numerological aspects of Miah
Stick with your goals and don't give up until you become proud of yourself. Sometimes, you act like a control freak. You are born for so much more than you think. Understanding others is your specialty, but you never expect people to do for you, what you are willing to do for them. To have number 22 as your expression no means you are destined for great things. Escaping or ignoring your problems won't make them go away.
Looking for a name like Miah? Please go through the following names
- Ancilla - Girl name Ancilla came from Latin, Ancilla means "Maid Servant" is specifically used in English
- Germana - Germana's meaning is The Teuton or Ready for Action is a gender-neutral name that came from Latin is used notably in Finnish and Swedish
- Lucinia - Unheard-of Lucinia has its origin in English and Slavic, Lucinia means "Born At Daybreak and Light" is aimed at baby girls. Lucinia is derived from Luci.
- Betrice - The curious girl name Betrice is prevalently used in English is came from Welsh and Latin, Betrice means "Beloved Daughter"
- Rozine - Meaning of Rozine is Rose Flower and Fame is of Germanic and Latin origin is used for girls. Rozine is derivation of Rosina.
Middle names for Miah
Possible options for a child named Miah include these snowballing and widely-accepted middle names:
View more middle names that goes with Miah.
Famous people named Miah
- Miah Nikora, professional rugby union player from New Zealand
- Miah Madden in The Sapphires as Actress
Lists having Miah
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with M
- Girls names beginning with M
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Sanskrit Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Arabic Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -iah
- Baby Names that mean Moon
- Baby Names that mean Bitterness