Larisa meaning and origin
Unwonted Old Greek Larisa means "Cheerful, Beautiful, The Lovely, Root of Larissa End or Light-Hearted" and is largely used in Danish, Malayalam, Oriya, Swedish, Marathi, Gujarati, Norwegian, Hindi, Finnish, Bengali, Tamil, Russian, Kannada, German and Telugu is used as a baby girl name . Larisa is form of cherished Larissa. Larissa is variant form of commonly accepted Larisa. Larissa is Russian cognate of Lara. Larissa means Seagull and Root of Larissa End has its origin in Old Greek. Also Larisa is form of Laura in Slavic language.
Variants of LarisaNames that rhyme with Larisa
Popularity of Larisa
Larisa is a common name in United States given to over 3342 babies in 64 years. Presently the name is rising, in 1968, the moniker grabbed the 1043rd spot and 108 baby girls were given the name. In England and Wales, Larisa is a unique name where it has been in use since 1996 and has secured the place in top 2000 names. Recently in 2016, it ranked 1241st when 27 girls were named Larisa. Over 231 babies in England and Wales have been named Larisa.
Larisa is an uncommon baby name in Ireland where it is still in use. In France, it has been in use since 2002 and achieved its top ranking of 2912 in 2005. There are over 105 babies that have been given the name Larisa in France. In Belgium, first appeared in 2009 and is still in use. However things change on global perspective, Larisa is extremely popular in Russia where every 1 in 300 have the name as well as in, Ukraine and Uzbekistan. Also the baby name is popular in Kazakhstan, Romania, Tajikistan, Moldova, Belarus, Turkmenistan, Latvia, Israel, Kyrgyzstan and Armenia. According to our findings, over 1290000 babies have been named Larisa globally.
Larisa in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Larisa?
Your life interests change as you change, constantly. Having letter A as your capstone reveals how you look at life and other people. To you, justice and honesty are the two most important things in life. You are dominant when it comes to relationships. Planning is what keeps your mind in shape. You respond to occurrences in an unusual, impulsive but also creative way. You have no problem standing up for what's right, no matter if it concerns you, someone you know or someone you've just met.
Do you like Larisa? Read these names too
- Nikko means Abbreviation of Nicholas, Victorious Person or Victory of the People is used as a gender insensitive name which is notably used in Danish and Hungarian came from Old Greek
- Gorgon - The Gorgon is originated from Greek, Gorgon means "Worker of the Earth"
- Thérèza - The Thérèza is originated from Greek, Thérèza means "Island"
- Canyssa - Meaning of Canyssa is Very Dear and One who is Very Much Loved is originated from Old Greek is given to girls. Canyssa is derivation of Canisa.
- Rayssa - Unconventional and Modernistic Rayssa has its origin in Old Greek, Rayssa means "Rose" and a baby girl name is used largely in Portuguese
Namesakes of Larisa
- Larisa Kruglova, Russian sprinter
- Larisa Spielberg, American figure skater
- Larisa Sadarangani, international badminton player and was part of the New Zealand national squad between the years of 1999-2002
- Larisa Turchinskaya, retired Russian heptathlete
- Larisa Korotkevich, retired female discus thrower from Russia
- Larisa Chzhao, Russian middle distance runner
- Larisa Mikhalchenko, Ukrainian former discus thrower
- Larisa Arap, Russian opposition activist
- Larisa Latynina, former Soviet artistic gymnast
- Larisa Bogoraz, dissident in the Soviet Union
- Larisa Oleynik, American actress
- Larisa Alexandrovna, journalist, essayist, and poet
- Larisa Shepitko, Soviet film director, screenwriter and actress
- Larisa Yudina, journalist and the editor of the opposition newspaper
- Larisa Griga, female badminton player from Ukraine
- Larisa Lazutina, Russian former professional cross-country skier
- Larisa Peleshenko, retired Russian shot putter best
- Larisa Neiland, retired professional tennis player
- Larisa Kurkina, Russian cross-country skier
- Larisa Selezneva, Russian former pair skater
- Larisa Dolina, Azerbaijani-born prominent Russian jazz and pop singer and an actress
- Larisa Savkina, retired Soviet handball player
- Larisa Fraser in CSI Unplugged as Actress
- Larisa Udovichenko in Sukiny deti as Actress
- Larisa Bakurova in Sao ren as Actress
- Larisa Tarkovskaya in Stalker as Second Unit Director or Assistant Director
- Larisa Guzeeva in Zhestokiy romans as Actress
- Larisa Eryomina in Ging chaat goo si 4: Ji gaan daan yam mo as Actress
- Larisa Miller in Halloween H20: 20 Years Later as Actress
- Larisa Polonsky in Trust, Greed, Bullets & Bourbon as Actress
- Larisa Avdeyeva is notable for her acting in movie Yevgeni Onegin
- In 1966 drama, romance movie, Zabludshiy, Larisa Barabanova portrayed N.
- In 2002, Larisa Blinova played the role of Mat Kolki in drama movie Pastukh svoikh korov.
- In 1989 adventure, romance film, Ya v polnom poryadke, Larisa Borodina played Zina.
- In 1970, Larisa Golubkina played the role of Zoya in drama and romance film Osvobozhdenie: Proryv.
- Larisa Kadochnikova, from 1965 drama and music movie Tini zabutykh predkiv, who played the Marichka Gutenyuk.
- In 1993, Larisa Khalafova characterized the role of Madina in drama, romance movie Tähminä.
- In 1962 drama movie, Noch bez miloserdiya, Larisa Kronberg characterized Barbi.
- Larisa Pashkova characterized the pivotal role of Varvara in 1953 drama film Yegor Bulychyov i drugiye.
- In 1986 drama film, Reys 222, Larisa Polyakova portrayed Irina.
- Larisa Shakhvorostova, from 1992 action and comedy flick Daleko ot Sankt-Peterburga, who characterized the Dasha, Vera.
- Larisa Umarova, from 1969 drama and romance flick Eyo imya - Vesna, who portrayed N.
- Larisa Vikkel, from 1972 adventure, drama movie Kogda raskhoditsya tuman, who characterized the Elya.
- Larisa Gordeichik, from 1959 flick V nashem gorode, who played N.
- In 1977 family film, Stepanova pamyatka, Larisa Chikurova characterized Khozyayka Mednoy gory.
- Larisa Zhvaniya played the central character of Korolyeva in 1973 family, fantasy movie Dvenadtsat mesyatsev.
- Larisa Vega Alamar, from 1999 film Amor con amor se paga, who played the N.
Lists having Larisa
- Girl names beginning with L
- Greek Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- German Girl Names
- Hindi Girl Names
- Bengali Girl Names
- Gujarati Girl Names
- Kannada Girl Names
- Malayalam Girl Names
- Marathi Girl Names
- Tamil Girl Names
- Telugu Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Russian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Indian Girl Names
- Baby Names that mean Cheerful
- Baby Names that mean Beautiful
- Baby Names that mean Lovely
- Baby Names that mean Root
- Baby Names that mean End
- Baby Names that mean Light
- Baby Names that mean Hearted