Lauraine name meaning
On This Page
What does Lauraine mean?
Curious unisex name Lauraine is used principally in English, Lauraine means "Sweet Bay Tree or Land of the People of Lothar" has its origin in Latin and Old French. Lauraine is variant of persistent and popular Laura.
Laura is variant form of outstanding Laurent. Laura is a shortened form of Laurentia. Laura is Italian cognate of Laurentia. Laura means A Laurel Wreath, Laurel and Bay is originated from Latin.
Lauraine is spelling variant of Lorraine. Lorraine is equivalent of Laura in English and French languages. Also Lorraine is equivalent of The Latin Place Name Lotharingia = Territory of the People of Lothar in French language.
Unconventional Latin and Old French Lorraine, meaning of Lorraine is "From Lorraine and Saint Joan of Arc".
How do I pronounce Lauraine?
Three syllabled Lauraine is pronounced as la(u)-rai-ne.
Variants of LauraineNames that rhyme with Lauraine
How popular is the name Lauraine?
Lauraine is an uncommon baby name in United States, 63 years of presence was not sufficient to save the name and it finally disappeared in 1983. Over 756 babies in United States have been named Lauraine.
In France, it has been in use since 1915 but could not make beyond the top 800. Over 177 babies in France have been named Lauraine. The given name is a rare baby name in Ireland, chances of it being still in use are very slim as it was last seen in 1978.
Lauraine is a common name in DR Congo while somewhat familiar name in England, Canada, Cameroon, South Africa and Gabon. At least, 6000 people globally have carried Lauraine as their given name according to our evaluation.
Lauraine in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Lauraine?
You think a lot and it makes you sick sometimes. You are all about adventure and travel. Focus on what's important to you rather than focusing on making other people content. You are hard-working by nature and success drives you. You have the heart of a warrior. Deep inside you want someone to take over your dominance and take over the control. Instead of running over people on your way to success, you teach them how to find their own path and how to succeed.
Do you like Lauraine? Read these names too
- Teena - The famous girl name Teena has its origin in Germanic, Old Greek and Latin which is used specifically in Telugu, Tamil and Hindi languages, Teena means "An Instrument or Strong"
- Sergia - Origin of Sergia is in Old Greek and Latin, meaning of Sergia is "Inspired By An Ancient Roman Sex, Famous Roman Family of the 1St Century or Attendant" is used as a baby girl name
- Bálint - Boy name Bálint is originated from Latin, meaning of Bálint is "The Healthy or The Strong" is used especially in Hungarian
- Preema - Girl name Preema means "Affection or Love", especially used in Hindi and Marathi came from Latin
- Rainier - Rainier's meaning is Frog, Warrior or Army is dominantly used in Norwegian, Danish and Finnish used as a gender-neutral name is rooted from Germanic and Latin
Middle names for Lauraine
Just in case, you don't know what to pair with Lauraine, we've got you covered with these flying high and attractive middle names.
View more middle names that goes with Lauraine.
Famous people named Lauraine
- Actor Lauraine Chasle, well-known for short Concerto Grosso Modo
Lists having Lauraine
- Boys names beginning with L
- Girls names beginning with L
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Girl names that starts with Lau
- Boy names that ends with -ine
- Baby Names that mean Laurel
- Baby Names that mean Tree
- Baby Names that mean Sweet
- Baby Names that mean Bay
- Baby Names that mean Symbolic
- Baby Names that mean Honor
- Baby Names that mean Victory
- Baby Names that mean Plant
- Baby Names that mean Land
- Baby Names that mean People