Lola name meaning
On This Page
What does Lola mean?
Admired and Ever lasting unisex name Lola means "Lady of Sorrows, Moving to and from, Strong Woman, Sorrow, Little and Womanly, Female Version of Charles, Carl, Renowned in Battle, Fickle, Changing, Beautiful, Goddess Lakshmi or Pain" and of Spanish, Latin, French and Germanic origin is predominantly used in Norwegian, Spanish, Marathi, Sanskrit, Finnish, Telugu, Oriya, English, Gujarati, Sikh, Hindi, Danish, Tamil, Indian, Malayalam, Bengali, Sindhi, Swedish and Kannada.
Lola is form of unfading and trendy Caroline. Caroline is a variation of admired and perennial Coralie. Caroline is derivative of Charles. Also Caroline is derivative of Charlotte. Caroline is Danish cognate of Carolina.
Originated from Germanic and Old High German, Famous and Ever lasting Caroline, Caroline means "Song of Happiness and Joy". Lola is variant form of eminent and perpetual Charlotte. Charlotte is a variation of cherished and evergreen Caroline.
Charlotte is effeminate form of Charles or. Charlotte is French equivalent of Charlot. Widely Accepted and Ceaseless Charlotte has its origin in Germanic and Old High German, Charlotte means "The Word Karl with the Meaning Man Free Man, Feminine of Charles and Tiny and Feminine".
Lola is variation of timeless and famed Laura. Laura is a variant of prevailing Laurent. Laura is short form of Laurentia. Laura is Italian form of Laurentia. Origin of Darling and Venerable Laura is in Latin, meaning of Laura is "Crowned with Laurels, Sweet Bay Tree and Too: Laurel Wreath".
Lola is resultant of Dolorès. Dolorès's meaning is Pain is originated from Latin. Lola is Spanish form of Dolores. Lola is celebrated on September 15.
How do I pronounce Lola?
You can pronounce the two syllabled name Lola as l(ohl)-ah. lo-luh is another way(s) to say the name.
Variants of Lola
Lolah, Caroline, Charlotte, Laura, Carolus, Coralie, Carolina, Arline, Carla, Carola, Carleen, Charlot, Arlette, Sharla, Charlotterose, Laurentia, Laurentius, Laurent, Lalla, Lari, Lauraine, Analaura, Lauraelizabeth, Dolores, Addolorata, Lora
Nicknames for Lola
Name Lola is already a short name but there are some nicknames to go along with it:Names that rhyme with Lola
How popular is the name Lola?
a popular name in United States with over 88652 new-borns have been given the name since 1880. At its zenith in 1904, the moniker grabbed the 99th spot and 1617 baby girls were given the name.
Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 100 baby names 1 times Also, Lola was a popular name in England and Wales. Over 20255 babies have been named Lola since 1996.
At the peak of its usage in 2012, it ranked 23rd when 2010 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. However after 23 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still performing better than most of the names.
Moreover, the name has been to the top 50 baby names 11 times Also, Lola was a popular name in France. Over 68924 babies have been given the first name in 71 years.
At the peak of its usage in 2010, it ranked 3rd when 4908 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. However after 71 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still performing better than most of the names.
Moreover, the first name has been to the top 5 baby names 2 times Also, Lola is a popular in Spain where over 15432 new-borns have been given the name since 2002.
Recently the moniker is on a rise, in 2018, the moniker grabbed the 21st spot and 1408 baby girls were given the name. Additionally, the given name has been in the top 50 baby names 10 times
A common name in Netherlands with over 743 new-borns have been given the name since 2015.
At present the name is rising, in 2015, the moniker grabbed the 82nd spot and 178 baby girls were given the name. Also, In Belgium, Lola was once a common name since emerging in 1995 it has been given to over 4034 babies.
At its zenith in 2006,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 24 years but it is still going strong. Also, Lola is common in New South Wales where over 213 new-borns have been given the name since 2013.
When at the peak of its usage in 2013, the moniker grabbed the 65th spot and 107 baby girls were given the name.
In Ireland, Lola is a familiar name where it has been in use since 2005 and has secured the place in top 200 names.
Recently in 2016, 57 babies were given Lola and it reached its peak ranking, 105 on girl names chart. Over 553 babies in Ireland have been named Lola. The name is a unique baby name in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 200 names.
In 2007, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 151 on girl names chart when 45 babies were named Lola. There are over 683 babies that have been given the name Lola in Switzerland.
Lola is a rare baby name in New South Wales still in use today. Over 213 babies in New South Wales have been named Lola. But Lola is a popular baby name in Uzbekistan where every 1 in 400 have the name as well as in, Tajikistan, Egypt, Nigeria, Russia, Mozambique, Bolivia and Peru.
According to our findings, over 350000 babies have been named Lola globally.
Lola in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Lola?
You deliver your promises. This is why people trust you with their life. You are the problem solver in your surroundings. In order to truly succeed in life, you have to work on your personality first. Find out what your passion is. Stop trying to fit in. People always leave the hard lifting to you because they know you are going to take care of everything. Reveal your pain and let people who've hurt you know how you feel.
Do you like Lola? Other names you would love
- Oviya - Unusual and Contemporary girl name Oviya means "Beautiful Drawing, Painting or Like a Beautiful Art" is specifically used in Hindi, Tamil and Oriya
- Kaneen is used principally in Oriya, Marathi and Gujarati bestowed upon baby boys, Kaneen means "Young"
- Aiyappa is used mainly in Telugu, Kannada and Gujarati bestowed upon baby boys, Aiyappa means "God"
- Sarvadevastuta - Boy name Sarvadevastuta means "Worshipped by All Divine Beings" is notably used in Tamil, Bengali and Marathi
- Rithvik - Of Sanskrit origin, Outlandish Rithvik means "Saint or Priest" aimed at boys is used in Kannada and Marathi
Middle names for Lola
There are plenty of well-received and familiar middle names that fit after "Lola". Have a look at them:
View more middle names that goes with Lola.
Famous people named Lola
- Lola Graham,
- Lola Bobesco, Belgian violinist of Romanian origin
- Lola Lemire Tostevin, Canadian poet and novelist
- Lola, Brooklyn, New York- female singer/songwriter
- Lola Astanova, Uzbek pianist, noted for her interpretations of compositions by Chopin
- Lola J. May, noted mathematics educator, consultant, author
- Lola Novaković, Serbian singer
- Lola Gaos, Spanish film, television and theatre actress
- Lola the Vamp, Australian dancer and part of the neo-burlesque movement
- Lola Montez,
- Lola Ridge, Irish-American anarchist poet and an influential editor of avant-garde
- Lola Rodríguez de Tió, first Puerto Rican-born woman poet to establish herself a reputation as a great poet throughout all of Latin America
- Lola Flores, Spanish singer, dancer, actress
- Lola Berthet, Argentine actress
- Lola Albright, American singer and actress, best
- Lola Falana, American singer, dancer, model and actress
- Lola Mora, sculptor born in El Tala
- Lola Glaudini, American actress
- Lola Beltrán, Mexican singer, actress, and television presenter
- Lola Álvarez Bravo, Mexican photographer and a key figure
- Lola Anglada, Born to a Barcelona family with strong roots
- Lola Dueñas, Spanish actress
- Lola Young, Baroness Young of Hornsey, British actress, author, and Crossbench peer
- Lola Ray, indie rock band from Brooklyn, New York
- Lola Herrera, awarded Spanish actress
- Lola Dutronic, They have issued five albums and two EPs
- Lola Forner, Spanish actress
- Lola Dockhorn in Einer wie Bruno as Actress
- Lola Del Valle in Naughty America in Buenos Aires 2 as Actress
- Lola Yoxall in Episode #7.10 as Actress
- Lola Sultan in The Story of Ag-Gag! as Actress
- Lola Macherey in as
- Lola L Laymon in Peace Love Happiness: Giving Back as
- In 1978, Lola Badalova characterized the role of N in drama film Velikolepnyy mechtatel.
- Lola Bayo characterized the central role of Carmen in 1986 drama, thriller flick Banter.
- Lola Cornero, from 1916 drama movie La renzoni, who characterized N.
- Lola Desmond, from 1979 drama movie Property, who portrayed the N.
- Lola Fulin characterized pivotal character of Nicole in 1993 action film No More Dirty Deals.
- In 1986 horror and mystery movie, La casa del buon ritorno, Lola Ledda portrayed Lola.
- In 1927, Lola Lys portrayed the role of Susana in adventure film Tesouro Perdido.
- Lola May played crucial character of Mrs. Stone in 1916 drama flick The Heart of Nora Flynn.
- Lola Novakovic played the pivotal role of Primadona in 1962 comedy, musical movie Seki snima, pazi se.
- Lola Ojal portrayed the central character of N in 1914 movie Amor de pescadora.
- Lola París characterized main role of N in 1917 thriller flick Mefisto.
- Lola Ramos played the vital character of Reyes in 1951 comedy and drama movie La virgen gitana.
- In 1965, Lola Russell played the role of Mary in drama film Clay.
- In 1928, Lola Salvi portrayed the role of Marcelle in comedy film Plastered in Paris.
- Lola Santana played central character of N in 1923 flick Corazón de huaso.
- Lola Sordo played the critical character of Teresa in 1978 comedy flick Vivir en Sevilla.
- In 1926, Lola Todd played the role of June Hardy in western flick The Tough Guy.
- In 1938 film, La chismosa, Lola Membrives played N.
- In 1921 comedy flick, Le avventure di Fantasio Nuvola, Lola Romanos played N.
- Lola Filippidou portrayed minor character of Polyxeni in 1953 comedy movie To soferaki.
- In 2012, Lola Dewaere played the role of Nina in comedy film Mince alors!.
- Lola Créton, from 2011 drama, romance film Un amour de jeunesse, who played Camille.
- Lola Eltoeva, from 1998 drama flick Voiz, who characterized N.
- Lola López, from 2007 drama film La tierra de la esfinge, who portrayed N.
Lists having Lola
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with L
- Girls names beginning with L
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Sanskrit Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Sindhi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -ola
- Popular Girl Names in United States (1904)
- Popular Girl Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in France (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Netherlands (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Belgium (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2012)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2019)
- Baby Names that mean Lady
- Baby Names that mean Strong
- Baby Names that mean Woman
- Baby Names that mean Sorrow
- Baby Names that mean Little
- Baby Names that mean Womanly
- Baby Names that mean Female
- Baby Names that mean Renowned
- Baby Names that mean Battle
- Baby Names that mean Beautiful
- Baby Names that mean Goddess
- Baby Names that mean Lakshmi
- Baby Names that mean Pain