Mecca name meaning
On This Page
What does Mecca mean?
Mecca is version of frequently used and biblical Micah. Micah is a variant form of perennial and biblical Michael. Micah is shortened form of Micaiah. Unorthodox Micah came from Hebrew, meaning of Micah is "Who is Like Yahweh?".
How does Mecca feel as a baby name?
Mecca is a unique and distinctive name for a baby girl. It has an Arabic origin and is popular among Muslim communities worldwide. The name Mecca has strong religious and historical significance as it refers to the spiritual center of Islam, which is the holiest city for Muslims.
It also means "Who is like the Lord?", which conveys a sense of humility, devotion, and reverence towards God. Mecca is a beautiful tribute to one's faith and spirituality while also being an uncommon name that sets your child apart from others.
Choosing this name for your daughter will give her a deep sense of identity, pride in her heritage, and connection to her religious roots.
How do I pronounce Mecca?
The most common pronunciation of two syllabled Mecca is m(e)-cca. The other ways to say the name is mec-ca.
Variants of MeccaNames that rhyme with Mecca
How popular is the name Mecca?
Mecca is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1952 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. In 1995, it ranked 1650th when 89 girl were named Mecca.
There are over 2258 babies that have been given the name Mecca in United States. Mecca is a rare baby name in England and Wales however it is still in use.
Also, Mecca is a familiar name in Philippines and Zambia. As per our evaluation, over 2000 babies have been bestowed Mecca around the globe.
Here's what numbers has to say about Mecca
To have letter A as your capstone reflects your consistency and credibility. People see you as a stubborn and inflexible person. Negative people steal your energy and leave you drained and unwilling to do the things you want to do like express your feelings in a creative manner. You need to learn how to appreciate your life because no one will do it for you. You are always there to help people in need with a good advice or do something that would ease up their situation, or at least make them feel more comfortable in their own skin.
Other names similar to Mecca
- Mary-Eve means Alive or Princess of the Sea has origin in Hebrew
- Daithí - Boy name Daithí is used predominantly in Irish, meaning of Daithí is "Beloved One, Beloved and Dearly Loved" has its origin in Hebrew. Daithí is a resultant of David.
- Susser - Girl name Susser is used prevalently in Danish. Susser is Danish cognate of Sussi
- Aku is originated from African-Akan is used notably in Danish and Twi is used as a gender insensitive name. Aku is equivalent of Akuliina in Finnish language. Also Aku is form of Augusta in Finnish language. Also Aku is equivalent of Aake in Finnish language
- Jolyna - Meaning of Jolyna is Lene and God will Increase used for baby girls is originated from English. Jolyna is derivation of Jolene.
Middle names for Mecca
Possible options for a child named Mecca include these mainstream and sweet middle names:
View more middle names that goes with Mecca.
Famous people named Mecca
- Mecca Normal, two-piece indie rock band
- Mecca White in Finale First Look! as Miscellaneous Crew
- Mecca Bodega in tvMovie Goodnight Moon & Other Sleepytime Tales as Composer
Lists having Mecca
- Boys names beginning with M
- Girls names beginning with M
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names