Sienna name meaning
On This Page
What does Sienna mean?
Meaning of Sienna is Reddish Orange-brown, Reddish-Brown or Orange-Red Which was First Used In 1760 and Derives from Italian Terra Di Sienna = Earth of Siena, a City In Central Italy, Where the Coloring Material was First Produced is a unisex name.
It is rooted from Celtic and Italian is used dominantly in Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian, English and Danish.
How do I pronounce Sienna?
One syllabled Sienna is most commonly pronounced as see-EN-ah with emphasis on second EN syllable. The name can also be pronounced as see-enn-ah or see-en-nuh.
Variants of Sienna
Nicknames for Sienna
Here is the list of Popular nicknames for the name Sienna:
How popular is the name Sienna?
a popular name in United States with over 25732 new-borns have been given the name since 1960. At present the name is rising, in 2007, it ranked 170th when 2075 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
Additionally, the given name has been in the top 500 baby names 14 times Also, Sienna was among the popular names in England and Wales. Since emerging in 1996 around 22145 babies have been given the given name.
When at the peak of its usage in 2014, it ranked 20th when 2211 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. However after 23 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still dominating the charts.
In addition to that, the first name has been in the top 50 baby names 10 times
In Ireland, Sienna was once a common name since emerging in 2002 it has been given to over 951 babies.
At its zenith in 2017,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 17 years. Also, A common name in France with over 1083 new-borns have been given the name since 2004.
At its zenith in 2017, it ranked 492nd when 113 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Also, Sienna used to be a common name in New South Wales, first appeared in 2003 and over 5750 babies have been given the name in 17 years.
At its zenith in 2009,. However after 17 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but it is still going strong. Also, Sienna was a common name in Queensland.
Over 3492 babies have been named Sienna since 2004. At its zenith in 2010,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 16 years but it is still going strong.
Also, In Western Australia, Sienna was once a common name since emerging in 2006 it has been given to over 1000 babies. When at its peak in 2008,. After 7 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 10 baby names 6 times Also, Sienna used to be a common name in Victoria, first appeared in 2008 and over 2934 babies have been given the name in 12 years.
When at the peak of its usage in 2008,. However after 12 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but it is still going strong. Moreover, the name has been to the top 10 baby names 3 times
In Belgium, Sienna is a familiar name where it has been in use since 2005 and has secured the place in top 200 names.
Recently in 2018, 69 babies were given Sienna and it reached its peak ranking, 148 on girl names chart. There are over 664 babies that have been given the name Sienna in Belgium.
In Switzerland, Sienna is a unique name where it has been in use since 2001 and has secured the place in top 200 names. Recently in 2018, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 193 on girl names chart when 41 babies were named Sienna.
Over 401 people have been named Sienna in Switzerland. Also, in Netherlands, in just 5 years, it has made it to the top 400 names. In 2015, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 339 on girl names chart when 38 babies were named Sienna.
Over 175 people have been named Sienna in Netherlands.
Sienna is a rare baby name in Northern Territory however it is still in use. Also, Sienna is a familiar name in Philippines and England.
According to our findings, at least 60000 people have been bestowed Sienna around the globe.
Sienna in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Sienna?
You are courageous but stubborn when convinced you are doing things the right way. Don't live to work. Work to live. You are sensitive, humane and compassionate by nature. You are independent and capable to provide for you and your family. When it comes to love, you are a passionate lover but hard to commit. Wait until you find the right one. Your sensitivity gets in your way of acting as a badass.
You would love these names similar to Sienna
- Evian - Used principally in Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish rarefied, Evian means "A Blend of Evan or Ian or The French Town Famous for Evan Spring-water" and originated from Latin and Hebrew is aimed at both boys and girls
- Donnal - The queer boy name Donnal means "Good and Christmas, Ruler of the World and World Ruler" is of Celtic origin. Donnal is derivative of Donald.
- Jean-Yves is originated from Celtic and Hebrew, Jean-Yves means "Yew, God is Mischievous or Shrub"
- Scottas is originated from Celtic, Scottas means "From Scotland" bestowed upon baby boys is used dominantly in English
- Artura - Artura's meaning is Noble is used as a girl name has origin in Celtic
Middle names for Sienna
We've compiled a list of the famous and lovely middle names for Sienna below.
View more middle names that goes with Sienna.
Famous people named Sienna
- Sienna Guillory, English actress and former model
- Sienna Miller, and various publications as English and British
- Sienna Joseph in The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 as Actress
- Sienna Tow in Descendants of the Past, Ancestors of the Future as Actress
- Sienna Beckman in Look at Me as Actress
- Sienna Milano in Lies: Diary of an Escort as Actress
- Sienna Spalding in The Takeover as Actress
- Sienna West in Hollywood Sex Wars as Actress
- Sienna Grace in TS Playground 16 as Actress
- Sienna Day in Boyfriend Revenge as Actress
- Sienna Paige Strull in Finale as Actress
- Actor Sienna Farall, known for movie Malignant
- Sienna Aldridge, from 2009 film Man on a Cross, who characterized N.
Lists having Sienna
- Boys names beginning with S
- Girls names beginning with S
- American Baby Names
- Celtic Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -enna
- Popular Girl Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Northern Territory (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Western Australia (2011)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2012)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2019)
- Baby Names that mean Reddish
- Baby Names that mean brown