Adria name meaning
On This Page
What does Adria mean?
Adria is a three-syllabled unisex name of Latin and Greek origin. It originates from Hadria, an ancient Roman city in Northeastern Italy, which has been known by many names, but still shines with charm and beauty.
Its meaning is linked to riches and darkness, as it is the female version of Adrian, the Latin for “the man from Hadria”.
This gives the name a romantic yet mysterious flair that may be something parents look for when naming their baby girl.
As Adria can also be associated to baby girl names like Adrienne and Adriana in several countries around the globe, it offers a way to give your baby ties to her heritage while also giving her an excellent birthday present: a sweet historical gem.
Adria feels like the perfect mix between sophisticated and delicate – two qualities that many parents want to bestow upon their daughter's name. The “a” vowels are short with a slightly soft finish that make it feel on-trend yet timeless; this balance will allow you to use it as either as a centerpiece or an accent topiary in any nursery décor theme you choose!
It is certainly no wonder why 6266 babies have already been named Adria so far.
Indeed, its popularity continues today; in 2021 it ranked 2729th on SSA baby girls chart, proving even more its lasting appeal through time.
All in all, Adria provides an interesting story rooted in history yet captivating enough for modern standards –– making it one of those wonderfully special baby girl names that really seems like one that stands out against most other options on an ever-growing list!
Is Adria a suitable baby name?
Adria is a charming and unique name for a baby girl with Latin roots. The name is derived from the word "Hadria," which means "from Hadria" - a city in Italy known for its beautiful coastline.
Adria has a soft and feminine sound to it, making it a perfect choice for parents looking for something sweet and delicate for their little princess. The name is not very common, which adds to its appeal as it sets your baby apart from the crowd.
Adria has an elegant quality to it that makes it suitable for any baby girl, regardless of her background or personality. Overall, Adria is an attractive and appealing name that exudes beauty and grace, making it an excellent choice for parents who love names with classical origins.
How do I pronounce Adria?
The most common pronunciation of two syllabled Adria is a-dria. ad-ria is another way(s) to say the name.
Variants of AdriaNames that rhyme with Adria
How popular is the name Adria?
Adria was a popular name in Spain. Over 6482 babies have been given the name in 11 years. At its zenith in 2005, it ranked 70th when 691 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys.
After 11 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 100 baby names 11 times A common name in United States with over 6080 new-borns have been given the name since 1910.
At present the name is rising, in 1975, it ranked 879th when 164 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
Adria is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales where it is still in use.
In France, it has been in use since 1984 but could not make beyond the top 3000. There are over 167 babies that have been given the name Adria in France.
Adria is a rare baby name in Ireland where it is still in use. But Adria is a popular baby name in Brazil where every 1 in 50000 have the name.
At least, 30000 people globally have carried Adria as their given name according to our estimate.
Adria in Nordic countries
Numerological aspects of Adria
Good things don't just fall from the sky. You have to earn them. You know this. You prefer to follow your intuition rather than follow rules and suggestions. You are hard to figure. You are a person of many talents but prefer to play on the safe side when it comes to earning profits. You can't be offended or insulted by anyone because you know that an insult is an insult if you accept it as your truth.
Other names similar to Adria, for soon-to-be-parents
- Rosetta - Outstanding and Perennial unisex name Rosetta is predominantly used in Swedish, Norwegian and Finnish, meaning of Rosetta is "Rose or Rose Flower" is originated from Latin
- Pius - Of English and Latin origin, Anomalous Pius is used predominantly in Finnish, Danish and German, Pius means "Virtuous or Pious" is given to boys
- Laurelle means The Bay, Sweet Bay Tree Symbolic of Honor or Victory or Laurel is dominantly used in English has its roots in Latin is used for baby girls
- Tinka - Origin of Unfamiliar Tinka is in Old Greek and Latin languages bestowed upon girls, meaning of Tinka is "Heavenly or The Pure" is used especially in Gujarati, Swedish and Marathi
- Ard - Ard's meaning is Valley of the Eagle and Great Forest is mainly used in Dutch and is aimed at baby boys has its origin in Latin and Germanic. Ard is short form of Arden.
Middle names for Adria
Just in case, you don't know what to pair with Adria, we've got you covered with these snowballing and popular middle names.
View more middle names that goes with Adria.
Sibling Names for Adria
Welcome Adria into the world and find the perfect name for her sibling with this list of names! Get inspired by these beautiful siblings names alongside "Adria" -
Sister to Adria
For a brother
Famous people named Adria
- Adria Montgomery-Klein and Natalie Montgomery-Carroll, are twin sisters
- Adriana Domínguez in Noviembre as Actress
- Adriana Russo in Non aver paura della zia Marta as Actress
- Adriane McLean in Blind Date Party as Actress
- Adriana Arango in El Estilista as Actress
- Adriana Romero in No Pongas Tus Puercas Manos Sobre Mi as Actress
- Adrian McDowall in Who's My Favourite Girl? as Director
- Adriana Hickmann in 11 Mulheres e Nenhum Segredo as Actress
- Adriana Giannari in Things You Don't Know as Actress
- Adriana Mocca in Ils as Actress
- Adria Arjona Torres is a Puerto Rican and Guatemalan actress, known for her roles in the television series True Detective and Person of Interest.
- Adria Dawn acted in movie Beneath Loch Ness
- In 1945 drama, romance movie, El recuerdo de aquella noche, Adria Delhort characterized N.
Lists having Adria
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- Arabic Baby Names
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Girl names that ends with -ria
- Baby Names that mean Woman
- Baby Names that mean Purity
- Baby Names that mean Love