Aquila name meaning
What does Aquila mean?
Used chiefly in Swedish, English, Finnish and Danish atypical, Aquila aimed at both genders is originated from Latin, Aquila means "An Eagle".
How Aquila is perceived as a baby name?
Aquila is perceived as a strong, powerful and determined baby boy name. Its Latin origin reflects these attributes, as the meaning of the word translates to 'eagle', a symbol of courage, strength and ambition. Parents who want something different but meaningful often choose Aquila for their baby boy's name; its uniqueness combined with the sense of strength it evokes makes it an attractive choice. Aquila is also known for its connection to Ancient Roman mythology; according to legend, it was the name of an eagle released by Jupiter to carry his messages across the sky.
How do I pronounce Aquila?
You can pronounce the three syllabled name Aquila as a-qui-la.
Variants of AquilaNames that rhyme with Aquila
How popular is the name Aquila?
Aquila is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1955 and was able to reach the top 3000 names. In 1977, it ranked 2778th when 33 girls were named Aquila. Over 772 babies in United States have been named Aquila. The name is a rare baby name in England and Wales where it is still in use. Aquila is a common name in Peru and Brazil while somewhat familiar name in India, Philippines, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Argentina and Nigeria. According to our findings, over 6000 babies have been named Aquila globally.
Aquila in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Aquila
You find motivation in the most unusual places and people. You can't stand people without a purpose. Open up to new suggestions and ideas. You want to achieve a great success and accomplish your dreams in order to prove yourself you can do it. People often mistake you for a fool but you always find an indirect way to prove them wrong. Nothing and no one can keep you amused for too long. Changes don't represent a problem for you. On the contrary, you are all about change.
Other names similar to Aquila, for soon-to-be-parents
- Zyprian - Dominantly used in German, Zyprian is used as a baby boy name has its roots in Latin, meaning of Zyprian is "From Cypres or A Native of Cyprus"
- Illona - The odd girl name Illona is commonly used in Finnish and German. Its origin is in Old Greek, Latin and Hungarian, Illona means "Flanks or The Torch"
- Karinah - Unusual and Modernistic Karinahs origin is Italian and Old Greek is used mostly in English, meaning of Karinah is "Dear Little One, Innocent and Pretty" is given to girls. Karinah is resulted from Karina.
- Tiziano - Used in Italian recent and anomalous, Tiziano means "Honored or Title of Honor" used as a boy name is rooted from Latin
- Gloriana - Unfamiliar Gloriana came from Latin language bestowed upon girls, meaning of Gloriana is "Glory or Glorious Grace" is used principally in English, Swedish and Finnish
Middle names for Aquila
Here are some well-received and familiar middle names we think go great with Aquila, we've got you covered with these well-received and familiar middle names.
View more middle names that goes with Aquila.
Sibling Names for Aquila
Aquila, meaning "eagle" in Latin, is a unique and powerful name for your little one. If you're looking for sibling names that complement Aquila's strong personality and symbolism, here are some options to consider.
Sister for Aquila
Brother to Aquila
Famous people named Aquila
- Aquila Walsh, Canadian civil engineer, politician
- Aquila Bergstrom in Blue Lagoon as Actress
Lists having Aquila
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Girl names that ends with -ila
- Baby Names that mean Eagle