Cob name meaning
On This Page
What does Cob mean?
Boy name Cob is used dominantly in English, Cob means "Heel or He who Supplants" has origin in Hebrew. Cob is a variant spelling of Jacoby. Jacoby is equivalent of Jacob in Hebrew language.
Hebrew name Jacoby is used commonly in Hebrew and English languages, meaning of Jacoby is "Jacob".
Is Cob a pleasant name for a baby?
Cob is a unique and pleasant name for a baby boy. It has roots in Hebrew and means he who supplants, which implies strong leadership skills.
It is bound to turn heads when heard and can be shortened to just Cob or Coby if desired. The name itself does have a bit of an old-fashioned vibe but its short length makes it easy to spell and remember.
It is also quite gender neutral as it could easily be used for both boys and girls, depending on the parents' preference. Overall, Cob is a rather nice name choice and one that your child will likely appreciate as they get older.
How do I pronounce Cob?
You can pronounce the one syllabled name Cob as cob.
Variants of Cob
Middle Names for Cob
Livio, Arro, Erwan, view more middle names that goes with CobNames that rhyme with Cob
How popular is the name Cob?
Cob is a rare name probably limited to Cambodia. As per our findings, over 100 people has been named Cob globally.
What numbers say about Cob?
When things don't go as planned, you get frustrated, as if it was the end of the world. Negative people steal your energy and leave you drained and unwilling to do the things you want to do like express your feelings in a creative manner. Although you believe your dreams are too wild to realize, you are completely wrong. You always give the best ideas at work but lack of ideas when it comes to your personal life.
Other names liked by soon-to-be-parents that are similar to Cob
- Gabriell - Meaning of Gabriell is God's Able-bodied One or God is My Strength used for both genders, used particulary in English and English has its origin in Hebrew
- Zilah - Origin of New-fangled and Unexpected Zilah is in Hebrew, meaning of Zilah is "Shade, The Tingling of the Ear and Shadow" is a girl name. Zilah is resulted from Zillah.
- Labun - Origin of Labun is in Hebrew is used as a boy name, meaning of Labun is "White and White Man". Labun is resulted from Laban.
- Gavi - Far-out Gavi prevalently is used in Gujarati and Oriya is rooted from Hebrew, meaning of Gavi is "A Forest In Kerala" is used as a gender insensitive name
- Keahi - Meaning of Keahi is Fire is used particulary in Hebrew used for both boys and girls is of Hawaiian origin
Sibling Names for Cob
Choosing a name for your baby can be a daunting task, but with a unique and trendy name like "Cob," you're already on the right track! To help you decide on the perfect moniker, we've compiled a list of sibling names that pair well with Cob. From classic to modern, these names are sure to inspire and delight.
Sister for Cob
Brother for Cob
Famous people named Cob
- Cob Stenham, director of Unilever for sixteen years
Lists having Cob
- Boy names beginning with C
- American Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- Hebrew Boy Names
- Baby Names that mean Heel
- Baby Names that mean Supplants