Aliya name meaning
On This Page
What does Aliya mean?
Widespread girl name Aliya means "Superior, Finer, Rising, Ascending, High-born, The High, Sublime, Excellent, Highest Social Standing, Tall or Towering" which is rooted from Hebrew and Arabic is specifically used in Danish, Gujarati, Malayalam, Arabic, Hebrew, Tamil, Swedish, African, Telugu, Marathi, Bengali, Oriya, Kannada, Hindi, English, Swahili, Finnish and Norwegian.
Aliya is effeminate variant of Ali. Ali is form of contemporary Callister. Also Ali is form of Names Beginning with Al-. Ali is diminutive of names with "Al". Also Ali is diminutive of Alf Or Alexander.
Ali is Greenlandic equivalent of Ale. Famous Ali has its origin in Arabic, Gaelic and Irish, Ali means "God, Also Mohammad's Son-in-law and Sublime". Aliya is Arabic, English and Hebrew equivalent of Aliyah.
Also Aliya is Arabic equivalent of Alya.
How do I pronounce Aliya?
The three syllabled name Aliya is pronounced, a-li-ya.
Variants of Aliya
How popular is the name Aliya?
A common name in United States with over 8797 new-borns have been given the name since 1971. Presently the name is rising, in 2012, it ranked 597th when 483 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
Also, Aliya is a common name in England and Wales given to over 1810 babies in 23 years. Currently the name is rising, in 2002, 105 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 367th position.
Also, In France, Aliya was once a common name since emerging in 1988 it has been given to over 4732 babies. When at its peak in 2017,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 26 years but it is still in a strong position.
In Belgium, Aliya is a familiar name where it has been in use since 2002 and has secured the place in top 200 names. Recently in 2018, 59 babies were given Aliya and it reached its peak ranking, 173 on girl names chart.
Over 466 babies in Belgium have been named Aliya. The moniker is a unique baby name in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 300 names.
Recently in 2018, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 257 on girl names chart when 31 babies were named Aliya. Over 332 people have been named Aliya in Switzerland. Also, in Netherlands, in just 1 years, it has made it to the top 500 names.
Recently in 2019, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 494 on girl names chart when 26 babies were named Aliya.
Aliya is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, its highest ever rank is 551 (2019) in its 11 years run on Ireland naming chart.
Aliya is a rare baby name in Netherlands however it is still in use. But Aliya is a popular baby name in Pakistan where every 1 in 3000 have the name as well as in, India, Russia, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Nigeria and Ethiopia.
As per our findings, over 270000 babies have been bestowed Aliya around the globe.
Aliya in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Aliya
You are secretive when it comes to your dreams and goals because you believe that the fewer people know about your ideas and happiness, the longer you will stay happy and motivated. Listen to your heart, enjoy more and care less. You don't care about connects much because you believe that you don't need many people in order to be happy and content with life. You like disconnecting from the world and reconnecting with your soul.
Parents who liked Aliya, loved these names
- Alisa - Cherished Alisa has its origin in Old High German and Germanic, Alisa means "God is Salvation or Sun" and is substantially used in German and Hebrew is used as a gender insensitive name . On the list of baby girl names, famous Alisa ranked 481 in year 1991 in United States
- AynulHayat - The unisex name AynulHayat means "Fountain of Life" is used predominantly in Arabic and Arabic
- Ambra - Unusual Ambra is used specifically in Italian and Norwegian, Ambra means "Amber or Jewel" used as a girl name is rooted from Arabic
- Malak - Admired Malak has its origin in Arabic and Hebrew, Malak means "Angelic or Angel" and a unisex name is especially used in Norwegian, Malayalam and Bengali
- Afifah - Afifah's meaning is Pure, Another Name for Hazrat Fatimah Zahra or Modest is used mainly in Arabic and Sindhi given to baby girls is originated from Arabic
Sibling Names for Aliya
Choosing a name for your baby is an exciting process, but it can also be a daunting task. If you've decided on the name Aliya, you might be wondering what other names would complement it well. We've compiled a list of sibling names that will pair perfectly with Aliya, whether you're looking for something classic or modern.
Sister for Aliya
For a brother
Famous people named Aliya
- Aliya Rama Raya, progenitor of the Aravidu dynasty of Vijayanagar Empire
- Aliya Garayeva, retired Azerbaijani individual rhythmic gymnast
- Aliya Khan in A Mighty Heart as Actress
- Aliya-Jasmine Sovani in Trailer Park Boys: Countdown to Liquor Day as
- Aliyah Yi in Final Foursomes Swinging as Actress
- Aliya Astaphan in Stand Up Guys as Actress
- In 2004, Aliya Mortel characterized the role of N in drama film Langit mo kaligayahan ko.
Lists having Aliya
- Girl names beginning with A
- Arabic Girl Names
- Hebrew Girl Names
- African Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- Hindi Girl Names
- Bengali Girl Names
- Gujarati Girl Names
- Kannada Girl Names
- Malayalam Girl Names
- Marathi Girl Names
- Tamil Girl Names
- Telugu Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Indian Girl Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Baby Names that mean Superior
- Baby Names that mean Rising
- Baby Names that mean High
- Baby Names that mean Exalted
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean Ascent
- Baby Names that mean Noble
- Baby Names that mean Sublime
- Baby Names that mean Excellent
- Baby Names that mean Highest
- Baby Names that mean Tall