Janay name meaning
On This Page
What does Janay mean?
The widespread girl name Janay means "Yahweh is Gracious" is came from Hebrew is substantially used in English. Janay is version of dominant and biblical Jane. Jane is a variation of JeanneJean.
Also Jane is a variant of evergreen and biblical Joan. Jane is short version of names ending in "Jane". Jane is effeminate version of John or. Jane is form of Johanna in English language.
Famed Jane especially is used in Tamil and English is originated from Hebrew, meaning of Jane is "The Lord is Gracious, God is Merciful and Jehovah has been Gracious". Janay is variation of desirable and biblical Janna.
Janna is shortened form of Johanna. Also Janna is shortened form of names ending in 'Ianna "or" Ianne ". Janna is English cognate of Jan. Also Janna is Dutch and Hebrew equivalent of Johanna.
Janna is also Dutch, German and English form of Jane. Janna is also form of Johanna in Scandinavian, Hebrew and Dutch languages. Janna is also form of Johana in Hebrew language.
Meaning of Janna is Paradise Garden, Female Version of John and God Rests has its origin in Hebrew and Arabic.
How do I pronounce Janay?
The most common way to pronounce two syllabled Janay is j(a)-nay.
Variants of JanayNames that rhyme with Janay
How popular is the name Janay?
Janay was among the popular names in United States. Since emerging in 1952 around 5699 babies have been given the name. At the peak of its usage in 1987, 596 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 387th position.
However after 59 years, the name is on free fall on the charts. In addition to that, the first name has been in the top 500 baby names 1 times Janay is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, in use since 1996, peaked in 2005 when it ranked 1934th and last appeared in 2010.
Also, Janay is a familiar name in Pakistan, India, Somalia and Brazil. At least, 5000 people globally have carried Janay as their given name according to our findings.
Janay in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Janay?
You love people with an attitude but open to discussion and hearing new opinions. You are an attractive person with an impressive character and formed life values. You like to insult people in order to awaken their motivation and practically ‘force' them to prove they can do something. God help those who gather the courage to challenge you in something. Deep inside, people envy you, and you know it.
Other names similar to Janay
- Michaelyn - Michaelyn's meaning is Who is Like God?, Who Resembles God and Messenger of God is rooted from Hebrew is used as a girl name. Michaelyn is resulted from Michael.
- Yehudi - Hebrew name Yehudi is used prevalently in Hebrew, Hindi and English, a baby boy name, meaning of Yehudi is "Praise of the Lord, A Man from Judah or Tribe of Judea End"
- Naomie - Rare girl name Naomie is originated from Hebrew, meaning of Naomie is "Pleasentness or Graceful" is used primarily in English and French
- Mareike - The uncommon and modern girl name Mareike means "Bitterness", used chiefly in Low German and German is originated from Hebrew language
- Isabelette - Isabelette means "God Protects My House" is rooted from Hebrew language
Famous people named Janay
- Janaya Pender in The Matrix as Actress
- Janaya Stephens in Death Race as Actress
Lists having Janay
- Biblical Girl Names
- Girl names beginning with J
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Hebrew Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Jan
- Baby Names that mean Yahweh
- Baby Names that mean Gracious