Jennie name meaning
On This Page
What does Jennie mean?
Meaning of Jennie is White Wave, White or Soft is used in Finnish, Norwegian, Danish, Swedish and English, rooted from German, Hebrew, Celtic and Welsh is used as a gender insensitive name .
Jennie is variant form of all time favorite, biblical and preeminent Jane. Jane is version of JeanneJean. Also Jane is form of biblical and persistent Joan. Jane is short version of names ending in "Jane".
Jane is effeminate version of John or. Jane is English equivalent of Johanna. Jane means Gracious, God is Merciful and The Lord is Gracious is originated from Hebrew is used largely in Kannada and Tamil.
Jennie is form of biblical, conifer and famed Jenny. Jenny is version of biblical, persistent and desirable Jeanne. Jenny is short version of Jennifer. Also Jenny is diminutive of Jane. Jenny is also short of Johanna.
Jenny is also abridged form of Jenna. Jenny is form of Jane in English language. Also Jenny is English cognate of Jennifer. Jenny is also form of Jean in English language.
Meaning of Jenny is Smooth and Yahweh is Gracious has origin in Latin, Celtic and Hebrew. Jennie is a version of perennial, saintly and lofty Genevieve. Genevieve is variation of Guinevere.
Commonly used in German and English loved and ceaseless, Genevieve is of Old Welsh and Germanic origin, meaning of Genevieve is "White Race and Jennifer". Jennie is derived from Geneviève. Geneviève is French cognate of Genoveva.
Also Geneviève is form of Genovefa in French language. Geneviève's meaning is People, Jennifer and Race and Woman has origin in Germanic and German. Jennie is short version of Jennifer. Jennifer is variant form of cherished Geneviève.
Jennifer is equivalent of Guinevere in English and German languages. Jennifer's meaning is Smooth and Fair and Smooth Soft is originated from Celtic, Old Welsh and Welsh. It is celebrated on January 3.
How do I pronounce Jennie?
The proper pronunciation of two syllabled Jennie is j(en)-nie.
Variants of Jennie
Guinevere, Gwenhwyfar, Jennye, Genevieve, Jane, Jenny, Genae, Genny, Genna, Jehanne, Ieuan, Johanan, Joan, Johanna, Asia, Hanna, Janel, Maryjane, Janelee, Jeanne, Jennifer, Jean, Jenee, Jenni, Jenell, JennieleeNames that rhyme with Jennie
How popular is the name Jennie?
Jennie was a popular name in United States. Over 127122 babies have been named Jennie since 1880. When at the peak of its usage in 1880, 3109 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 24th position.
However after 199 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Moreover, the given name has been to the top 50 baby names 14 times Jennie is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 800 names.
In 1996, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 753 on girl names chart when 30 babies were named Jennie. There are over 272 babies that have been given the name Jennie in England and Wales.
Jennie is an uncommon baby name in Ireland where it has been in use since 1972 and peaked in 1985 when it ranked 362nd. During its 53 years of usage in France, it had made up to just the top 1000 girl names.
There are over 373 babies that have been given the name Jennie in France. But Jennie is a popular baby name in England where every 1 in 5000 have the name as well as in, Philippines, Sweden and Australia.
According to our findings, over 150000 babies have been named Jennie globally.
Jennie in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Jennie
You like people too but prefer your solitude. Achieving inner peace and harmony in life is what's most important to you. You are a free-spirited fellow with a wild heart. You are a daydreamer who can spend hours of wandering your imaginative world. Your primary goal is to create a life you won't need a yearly vacation from. You always doubt yourself and your abilities. Learn your value. Being a boss suits you because of your high self-esteem, determination, and knowledge.
Go through the following names similar to Jennie
- Onnen - Onnen's meaning is Ash is originated from Celtic
- Kellan - Famed Kellans origin is Celtic and Old Irish is principally used in English, meaning of Kellan is "Narrow or Slender" is aimed at both boys and girls
- Niamh - The well-known unisex name Niamh is originated from Old Irish and Celtic, Niamh means "Radiant Vibrant, The Bright or A Bright Man" is used commonly in Danish and Finnish
- Devron - Queer boy name Devron means "Variant of the English County Name Devon or Poet" which is used primarily in English is originated from Celtic language
- Alauda - Meaning of Alauda is Little Passerine of the Fields or Lark is originated from Gaelic and Celtic is bestowed upon girls
Middle names for Jennie
Here is a list of mainstream and appealing middle names that go with the baby name Jennie.
View more middle names that goes with Jennie.
Famous people named Jennie
- Jennie McGraw, daughter of John McGraw
- Jennie Pond Atwater, daughter of Congregationalist Rev
- Jennie Bosschieter, woman
- Jennie Shortridge, best-selling novelist and off-and-on musician
- Jennie Stencel, was formerly the traffic reporter at KENS-TV
- Jennie Brand-Miller,
- Jennie Tourel, Jewish-American operatic mezzo-soprano
- Jennie Eirian Davies, Welsh politician and magazine editor
- Jennie Kidd Trout, first woman
- Jennie Garth, American actress
- Jennie Bond, English journalist and television presenter
- Jennie Lee, Baroness Lee of Asheridge, Scottish politician
- Jennie George, Australian politician
- Jennie Finch, American, former collegiate All-American and medal winning Olympian
- Jennie Linden, English film and television actress
- Jennie Kwan, American actress and singer
- Jennie Fields, American novelist
- Jennie Faulding Taylor, British Protestant missionary to China with the China Inland Mission
- Jennie Smillie Robertson, Canadian obstetrics and gynaecology surgeon and physician
- Jennie Livingston, American director best
- Jennie Reed, World and U.S. champion track cyclist and Olympian
- Jennie McAlpine, British television actress
- Jennie Tuttle Hobart, wife of Vice President Garret Hobart and a philanthropist and community activist
- Jennie Fletcher, British competitive swimmer
- Jennie Adamson, Labour Party politician in the United Kingdom
- Jennie M. Forehand, legislator
- Jennie Lee, American stage actress and actress of the silent film era
- Jennie Eisenhower, American actress
- Jennie Muskett in An American Girl: Chrissa Stands Strong as Composer
- Jennie Lyn Bernston in Medieval Kitchen as
- Jennie Goossens in Fierce Creatures as Actress
- Jennie Fava in Hamlet as Second Unit Director or Assistant Director
- Jennie Vaughn in Prom Night as Actress
- Jennie Parrish in Ride Along 2 as Stunts
- Jennie Lieber in Bad Kids Go to Hell as Actress
- Jennie Lynn in Getting Into Heaven as Actress
- Jennie Augusta Brownscombe was an American painter.
- In 1919 drama, romance flick, Kathleen Mavourneen, Jennie Dickerson played Kathleen's Mother.
- In 1918, Jennie Ellison portrayed the role of Mrs. Pritchard in comedy film By Hook or Crook.
- In 2012 action flick, Alpha Must Die, Jennie Baek played Q.
- In 1973, Jennie Maclean portrayed the role of Katherine in drama flick Orville and Wilbur.
- Jennie Epland characterized the leading role of Shelley in 2011 drama film Days Gone By.
- Jennie Carroll, from 2017 action and adventure movie Interstellar Civil War, who played Abrami-Kenedi.
Lists having Jennie
- Boys names beginning with J
- Girls names beginning with J
- American Baby Names
- Celtic Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Welsh Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Girl names that starts with Jen
- Girl names that ends with -nie
- Popular Girl Names in United States (1921)
- Baby Names that mean White
- Baby Names that mean Wave
- Baby Names that mean Race
- Baby Names that mean Women
- Baby Names that mean Fair
- Baby Names that mean Smooth
- Baby Names that mean Soft
- Baby Names that mean Shining
- Baby Names that mean Woman