Hanna meaning and origin
Hanna means Name of Mother of Maryam (Mary), Happiness, Joy, Grace, Favor, Marcy, Yahweh is Gracious, God has Favoured Me, Winsome, Graceful, Compassionate, Happy, Compassion, Sympathy or Pity came from African-Hausa and Hebrew and is aimed at both sexes is specifically used in Arabic, English, Hungarian, Icelandic, German, Swedish, Danish, Faroese, Greenlandic, Norwegian, African and Finnish. Hanna is version of biblical, ceaseless and desirable Jane. Jane is variant form of JeanneJean. Also Jane is version of perpetual, biblical and predominant Joan. Jane is abridged form of names ending in "Jane". Jane is effeminate variation of John or. Jane is English form of Johanna. Enduring and Sky-scraping Jane mainly is used in Kannada and English, meaning of Jane is "The Lord is Gracious and God is Merciful" has its origin in Hebrew. Hanna is version of all time favorite and biblical Anna. Anna is version of Hanna    . Also Anna is version of Germanic Names Beginning with Arn-. Anna is equivalent of Channah or Hannah in Old Greek and Latin languages. Meaning of Anna is Grace and Food has origin in Hebrew and Old Greek. Hanna is abridged form of Johanna. Johanna is variant of widely accepted, long standing and biblical Jeanne. Johanna is Greek and Latin cognate of Ιωαννης. Johanna means God's Gracious Gift and The Lord is Gracious has its origin in Hebrew. Hanna is feminine form of Hans. Hans is variant form of illustrous and ceaseless John. Hans is short version of Johannes. Hans is equivalent of John in German language. Also Hans is form of Johannes in German language. Celebrated and Sky-scraping Hot Hans's origin is Hebrew, meaning of Hans is "God is Merciful and Swan". Hanna is celebrated on July 26th.
Variants of Hanna
View middle names that goes with Hanna like Zayden, Leor, Cayden, Grover, Benjamine, Rollie,Names that rhyme with Hanna
Popularity of Hanna
Hanna is a popular in United States where over 38075 new-borns have been given the name since 1880. Recently the moniker is on a rise, in 1998, it ranked 165th when 1911 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Additionally, the first name has been in the top 500 baby names 38 times Also, Hanna is a popular name in France given to over 6533 babies in 62 years. At present peaking at the charts, the moniker grabbed the 116th spot and 519 baby girls were given the name. Moreover, the given name has been to the top 500 baby names 32 times Also, Hanna is a popular in Sweden where over 7521 new-borns have been given the name since 1998. At present the name is rising, in 2001, it ranked 3rd when 1041 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 5 baby names 6 times
In England and Wales, Hanna was once a common name since emerging in 1996 it has been given to over 4326 babies. At the peak of its usage in 2016,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 23 years but it is still in a strong position. Also, Hanna is common in Switzerland where over 1611 new-borns have been given the name since 1998. When at its peak in 2013, it ranked 40th when 148 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Also, Hanna is a common name in Netherlands given to over 880 babies in 5 years. Currently peaking at the charts, 193 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 69th position.
Hanna is a familiar baby name in Ireland, it has been in use since 1964 and was able to reach the top 100 names. In 2013, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 86 on girl names chart when 76 babies were given the name Hanna. Over 918 people have been named Hanna in Ireland. Also, in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 200 names. In 2015, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 129 on girl names chart when 80 babies were given the name Hanna. Over 1041 people have been named Hanna in Belgium.
Hanna is a unique baby name in Finland, it had been in use since 1977 and was last seen in 1986, during its 21 years of usage, it was able to reach the top 100 names. In 1979, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 11 on girl names chart when 30 babies were named Hanna. Over 316 babies in Finland have been named Hanna. But Hanna is a popular baby name in Poland where every 1 in 500 have the name as well as in, Germany, Ethiopia, Egypt, Nigeria, Indonesia, Lebanon, Malawi, Philippines, Ghana and India. At least, 430000 people globally have carried Hanna as their given name according to our evaluation.
Hanna in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Hanna?
You secretly believe that you are a genius. Mistakes are the only way to become better at something. You should learn to love yourself with all your flaws and imperfections, even the tendency to doubt yourself. Lower your expectations and give the person you truly like a chance to prove. You are a freethinker. If you walk over people to get on top, you won't make it. Or you will but you won't feel good about yourself.
Parents who liked Hanna, loved these names
- Hesham means Companion of Prophet Muhammad, Noble or Handsome is of Arabic origin, predominantly used in Arabic and Arabic is given to both boys and girls
- Madani - Madani's meaning is Vine, Civilized or Refined used for both boys and girls, used in Sanskrit, Indian and Arabic is originated from Arabic and Sanskrit
- Badruddin - Badruddin's meaning is The Moon of the Faith or Full Moon of Religion aimed at boys is used predominantly in Hindi, Sindhi and Arabic
- Tobias - Well-Liked and Evergreen boy name Tobias is used specifically in Faroese and Arabic and came from Greek and Hebrew, Tobias means "The Lord is Good, Yahweh is Good or From the Hebrew Tobiah Jah is Good". On baby boy chart, prevalent Tobias ranked 275 in year 2018 in United States
- Sophia - Well-Known and Enduring Sophia is used prevalently in Greek, Russian and Swedish is a gender insensitive name. It is rooted from Old Greek, Sophia means "Graceful or Skill"
Namesakes of Hanna
- Hanna Newcombe, recipient of the 1997 Pearson Medal of Peace and was elected a member of the Order of Canada in 2007 for her work
- Hanna Karasiova, athlete from Belarus
- Hanna Fahl, Swedish music journalist and translator
- Hanna Batatu, Palestinian Marxist historian specialising
- Hanna Lis, Polish TV journalist
- Hanna Balabanova, Ukrainian sprint canoer
- Hanna Foltyn-Kubicka, Polish politician and a Member of the European Parliament
- Hanna Zetterberg, former Swedish Left Party politician and member of the Riksdag 1994 – 1998
- Hanna Eriksson, breaststroke and medley swimmer from Sweden
- Hanna Ożogowska, Polish novelist and poet
- Hanna Fenichel Pitkin, political theorist
- Hanna Neumann, German-born mathematician
- Hanna Reitsch, German aviatrix and test pilot
- Hanna Holborn Gray, American historian of Renaissance and Reformation political thought and Professor of History 'Emerita' at the University of Chicago
- Hanna Ljungberg, Swedish former football player
- Hanna Suchocka, Polish political figure, lawyer
- Hanna Marklund, Swedish former football player
- Hanna Rovina, Israeli actress
- Hanna Sheehy-Skeffington, suffragette and Irish nationalist
- Hanna R. Hall, American actress
- Hanna Pakarinen, Finnish pop and pop-rock singer
- Hanna Kvanmo, Norwegian politician for the Socialist Left Party
- Hanna Krall, Polish writer with a degree in journalism
- Hanna Schygulla, German actress and chanson singer
- Hanna Batsiushka, Belarusian weightlifter
- Hanna Verboom, Dutch actress
- Hanna Gronkiewicz-Waltz, Polish lawyer
- Hanna Rosin, American author and writer
- Hanna Eigel, Austrian figure skater
- Hanna Walter, Austrian figure skater
- Hanna Hedlund, Swedish singer
- Hanna Nooni, former Swedish tennis player
- Hanna Banaszak, Polish jazz singer and poet
- Hanna Karjalainen, central role in the film 'Levottomat 3'
- Hanna Mariën, retired Belgian sprinter
- Hanna Ereńska-Barlo, Polish chess Woman Grandmaster
- Hannah Weinstein in Stir Crazy as Producer
- Hannah Getz in Running Wild as Camera and Electrical Department
- Hannah Evans in Layer Cake as Art Department
- Hannah Pérez in Episode #1.80 as
- Hannah Queiroz in Psych as Second Unit Director or Assistant Director
- Hannah Davis in CRANK: Flirting with the Monster as Actress
- Hanna Ralph was a German theatrical and cinematographic actress, with a career started in the theater and in silent films, and finalized in the first years 1950.
- Hanna Alsterlund acted in movie Zero Tolerance
- Hanna Gath, from 1921 film Die Amazone, who portrayed N.
- Hanna Hoessrich, from 1930 drama flick Fruchtbarkeit, who characterized the Marianne, seine Tochter.
- Hanna Honthy, from 1942 comedy, romance movie A régi nyár, who played the Ria, hajdan: Marika,primadonna.
- Hanna María Karlsdóttir, from 2000 comedy, romance movie 101 Reykjavík, who played the Berglind.
- In 1920, Hanna Lierke portrayed the role of N In movie Tänzerin Tod.
- Hanna Manu characterized leading character of Katja in 1991 comedy, drama film Muuttolinnun aika.
- In 1985, Hanna Mikuc characterized the role of Ewa in drama film Kobieta w kapeluszu.
- In 1953 comedy, romance flick, Unter den Sternen von Capri, Hanna Rucker characterized Christa.
- In 1995 film, Taschenkino, Hanna Schimek played N.
- Hanna Skarzanka played significant role of Teresa in 1946 drama, romance movie Dwie godziny.
- In 1939 drama, romance movie, Vihreä kulta, Hanna Taini characterized Kristine Bergman.
- Hanna Rimkus characterized the central role of Sabine Falk in 1959 crime movie Ware für Katalonien.
- In 1975, Hanna Balinska portrayed the role of N in action film Orzel i reszka.
- Hanna Vahtikari characterized significant character of Vivika in 2011 drama flick Ovia ja lukkoja.
- Hanna Schwamborn characterized the leading character of Lys in 2010 drama and fantasy flick Lys.
- In 1918, Hanna Wisser characterized the role of N in crime, drama flick Der Volontär.
Lists having Hanna
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with H
- Girls names beginning with H
- African Baby Names
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Arabic Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Hungarian Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -anna
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Switzerland (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Netherlands (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Sweden (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Norway (2006)
- Baby Names that mean Mother
- Baby Names that mean Mary
- Baby Names that mean Happiness
- Baby Names that mean Joy
- Baby Names that mean Grace
- Baby Names that mean Favor
- Baby Names that mean Yahweh
- Baby Names that mean Gracious
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Favoured
- Baby Names that mean Merciful
- Baby Names that mean Graceful
- Baby Names that mean Compassionate
- Baby Names that mean Happy
- Baby Names that mean Compassion
- Baby Names that mean Pity