Asia name meaning
On This Page
What does Asia mean?
Famed Asia's origin is Sanskrit, English, Arabic and Hebrew is mainly used in Swedish, Polish, Arabic, Finnish, Danish, English and Norwegian, meaning of Asia is "East, Woman, Resurrection, Sunrise, Life or Asia" is a gender-neutral name .
Asia is variant form of prominent Aisha. Prominent Aisha's origin is Arabic, meaning of Aisha is "She is Life and Joy". Asia is variant form of all time favorite and biblical Jane.
Jane is a variant of JeanneJean. Also Jane is variant of famous, biblical and imperishable Joan. Jane is shortened form of names ending in "Jane". Jane is feminine variant of John or.
Jane is English form of Johanna. Loved Jane is used mainly in Kannada and English, Jane means "God is Merciful, Yahweh is Gracious and Gracious" is originated from Hebrew. Asia is shortened form of Johanna.
Johanna is form of all time favorite, prominent and biblical Jeanne. Johanna is Latin and Greek equivalent of Ιωαννης. Trendy Johanna is originated from Hebrew language, Johanna means "God is Merciful, God is Grace and The Lord is Gracious".
How do I pronounce Asia?
Two syllabled Asia is most commonly pronounced as a-sia.
Variants of AsiaNames that rhyme with Asia
How popular is the name Asia?
Asia was a popular name in United States. Over 31712 babies have been given the given name in 85 years. At its zenith in 1997, it ranked 195th when 1532 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
However after 85 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Additionally, the moniker has been in the top 500 baby names 22 times Also, Asia was a popular name in Italy.
Over 33328 babies have been named Asia since 1999. At the peak of its usage in 2006, 2705 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 18th position. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 19 years but still performing better than most of the names.
Moreover, the name has been to the top 50 baby names 19 times
Asia is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 600 names.
In 2008, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 537 on girl names chart when 71 babies were named Asia. Over 935 babies in England and Wales have been named Asia.
The first name is a unique baby name in France, it has been in use since 1973 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. In 2002, it ranked 1163rd when 32 girls were named Asia.
Over 521 people have been named Asia in France. Also, in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 200 names. In 2007, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 195 on girl names chart when 36 babies were named Asia.
Over 484 people have been named Asia in Switzerland.
Asia is an uncommon baby name in Belgium, its highest ever rank is 836 (2018) in its 13 years run on Belgium naming chart.
Over 103 people have been named Asia in Belgium. However things change on global perspective, Asia is extremely popular in Bangladesh where every 1 in 2000 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Tanzania, Pakistan, Poland, Sudan, India, Eritrea, Indonesia, Iraq, Yemen, Oman, Uganda and Kazakhstan.
At least, 510000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our estimate.
Asia in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Asia?
You are a walking inspiration with an amazing aura. You are a child of change. If 1 is your personality number, you have a positive vibe and an impressive appearance. You always act like everything's just great. Failure is a part of success and everyone knows it. You are the most active, livingly human being in your surroundings. You have big plans for yourself and your future. You hate waking up at the same time in the morning if you don't have to.
Other names liked by name hunters that are similar to Asia
- Lazim - Used in Arabic and Arabic, Lazim is used as a unisex name, Lazim means "Compulsory or Imperative"
- Wardia - Meaning of Wardia is Rose is rooted from Arabic and Germanic is aimed at baby girls
- Aliza - Of Germanic and Hebrew origin, Well-Liked Aliza means "Joyous or Faithful" used as a gender insensitive name is used in Arabic and Hindi
- Kammy - Origin of Outlandish Kammy is in Japanese bestowed upon baby girls, meaning of Kammy is "Lord, Young Attendant and Variant of Names Like Kamelia and Kamille". Kammy is a resultant of Kami.
- Samiyah - Widespread girl name Samiyah means "Elevated or Lofty" and is rooted from Arabic is notably used in English and Arabic
Middle names for Asia
There are many famous and teeny-weeny middle names that are commonly paired with Asia.
View more middle names that goes with Asia.
Sibling Names for Asia
If you are searching for sibling names that complement the name "Asia," you have come to the right place. Here is a collection of some unique and beautiful names that would be perfect for your baby's siblings.
For a sister
Brother to Asia
Famous people named Asia
- Asia Vieira, Canadian actress best
- Asia Alfasi, Libyan-British manga-influenced comic writer and artist
- Asia, are an English progressive rock band
- Asia Argento, Italian actress and director
- Asia Agcaoili, former Filipino actress, model
- Asia Ray Smith, s former Head Writer John F. Smith
- Asia Booth Clarke, 19th-century American writer
- Asia Nitollano, American singer, dancer, model and cheerleader
- Asia D'Argento in Tutti dentro! as Actress
- In 1925, Asia Barkhudarova characterized the role of Wife of Capitalist in action and crime flick Tsarsulis sashinelebani.
Lists having Asia
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- Arabic Baby Names
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Sanskrit Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Polish Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Girl names that ends with -sia
- Popular Girl Names in Italy (2018)
- Baby Names that mean East
- Baby Names that mean Woman
- Baby Names that mean Resurrection
- Baby Names that mean Life