Laraine name meaning
What does Laraine mean?
Prevailing girl name Laraine is substantially used in English, meaning of Laraine is "Sorrowful, From Lothair's Kingdom, Sea Bird, The Bay, Laurel, Plant or Land of the People of Lothar" is rooted from Old French. Laraine is variant of long standing and prevailing Lorraine. Lorraine is English and French equivalent of Laura. Also Lorraine is equivalent of The Latin Place Name Lotharingia = Territory of the People of Lothar in French language. Widespread Latin and Old French Lorraine, meaning of Lorraine is "From Lorraine and Saint Joan of Arc".
How do I pronounce Laraine?
l(a)-rai-ne is the most common way to pronounce three syllabled Laraine.
Variants of Laraine
Lorraine, Laura, Larain, Lor, Larina, Loraine, Louraine, Lalla, Lola, Lari, Laurentia, Lauraine, Analaura, Lauraelizabeth, Laurentius, Laurent, Lore, Larena, Lara
View middle names that goes with Laraine like Iyah, Denice, Marinette, Mabelle,Names that rhyme with Laraine
How popular is the name Laraine?
A common name in United States with over 3449 new-borns have been given the name since 1913. At its zenith in 1945, it ranked 472nd when 268 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Additionally, the first name has been in Laraine is a common name in England while somewhat familiar name in Australia, Canada, Scotland, New Zealand, Philippines, South Africa and Wales. At least, 8000 people globally have been given the name as per our research.
What numerology tells about Laraine?
You are self-reliant, self-motivated and persistent. You have a restless spirit and booming energy. Number 8 reveals your sharp focus and ability to love with all your heart as your personality number. You are good at envisioning projects and develop them on your own. It takes a long time for someone to gain a special place in your heart. The number 6 as your expression number reveals you have a caring nature.
If you like Laraine, you would love these names
- Oma - Durable and Noteworthy Oma largely is used in Gujarati and Marathi is a gender insensitive name, meaning of Oma is "Well Spoken, A Large Tree or Named for Bona Dea" is of African-Bini origin. On baby girl chart, predominant Oma bagged 496th position in 1926 in United States
- Lilly - Lilly's meaning is My God is Perfect, My God has Sworn or A Flower is used as a gender insensitive name. It is rooted from English, Assyrian and Latin is majorly used in Norwegian, Icelandic and German
- Cherie - Well-Liked Cherie is originated from English and French, Cherie means "The Element Chérie with the Meaning Darling, Dear One or Favorite" used as a unisex name is used notably in English
- Freda - Trendy and All time favorite unisex name Freda means "Powerful or Rich" and is used predominantly in Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish is originated from Celtic, Germanic and Old High German languages
- Ali means Defender of Mankind, Also Mohammad's Son-in-law or God is used in Danish, Gujarati and Arabic and rooted from Arabic and Gaelic is bestowed upon both genders
Famous people named Laraine
- Laraine Newman, American comedian, actress, voice artist
- Laraine Day, American actress
- Laraine Humphrys in Episode #2.14 as
- Laraine Stephens in The Thousand Plane Raid as Actress
Lists having Laraine
- Girl names beginning with L
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- French Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Lar
- Girl names that ends with -ine
- Baby Names that mean Sorrowful
- Baby Names that mean Kingdom
- Baby Names that mean Sea
- Baby Names that mean Bird
- Baby Names that mean Bay
- Baby Names that mean Laurel
- Baby Names that mean Plant
- Baby Names that mean Land
- Baby Names that mean People