Adrian name meaning
On This Page
What does Adrian mean?
Adrian is a Latin name that means "from Hadria" or "dark one," referring to the ancient city in northern Italy. It is celebrated on September 8th.
It is a popular name in many countries, including the United States, where it was one of the top 100 most popular baby names for boys in 2020.
Famous people named Adrian include actor Adrian Grenier and NBA player Adrian Dantley.
Adrian is a good choice for a baby name because it is timeless and has strong ties to history and culture.
It also has positive connotations of strength, intelligence, and leadership.
Additionally, because of its popularity, there are plenty of resources to help parents research its meaning and origin as well as find other famous people who share this name.
What do we think of Adrian as a name for a newborn?
Adrian is a popular baby name that has gained widespread recognition for its unique sound and distinctive qualities. It has become a favored choice among parents because of its strong and confident nature, which embodies admirable traits like intelligence, bravery, and resilience.
Adrian has also earned a reputation for being versatile, as it can be used for both male and female babies. Additionally, it is easy to pronounce and spell, making it an accessible name for people all over the world.
Its Latin origin adds an extra layer of sophistication to the name's overall appeal, making it a timeless classic that never goes out of style.
How do I pronounce Adrian?
The two syllabled name Adrian is pronounced, a-drian. The name can also be pronounced as ad-rian.
Variants of Adrian
Nicknames for Adrian
Here is the list of Probable nicknames for the name Adrian:
How popular is the name Adrian?
Adrian was a very popular name in United States. Over 252187 babies have been named Adrian since 1880. When at the peak of its usage in 2008, the moniker grabbed the 56th spot and 7925 baby boys were given the name.
However after 247 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still dominating the charts. Additionally, the given name has been in the top 100 baby names 32 times Also, a very popular name in Spain with over 63358 new-borns have been given the name since 2002.
At the peak of its usage in 2002, it ranked 5th when 5892 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Additionally, the given name has been in the top 5 baby names 5 times Also, Adrian was a popular name in Sweden.
Over 5747 babies have been named Adrian since 1998. At its zenith in 2016, the moniker grabbed the 14th spot and 556 baby boys were given the name. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 19 years but still going strong on charts.
Additionally, the moniker has been in the top 50 baby names 7 times
In England and Wales, Adrian was once a common name since emerging in 1996 it has been given to over 4270 babies.
At its zenith in 2009,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 24 years but it is still going strong. Also, Adrian was a common name in Ireland.
Over 5388 babies have been named Adrian since 1964. At its zenith in 1975,. However after 56 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Also, Adrian used to be a common name in France, first appeared in 1957 and over 5014 babies have been given the name in 58 years.
When at the peak of its usage in 1997,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 58 years but it is still going strong. Also, In Switzerland, Adrian was once a common name since emerging in 1998 it has been given to over 2720 babies.
At the peak of its usage in 1998,. However after 21 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Also, Adrian used to be a common name in New South Wales, first appeared in 1952 and over 6869 babies have been given the name in 49 years.
At its zenith in 1977,. After 49 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Also, Adrian used to be a common name in Queensland, first appeared in 1960 and over 2775 babies have been given the name in 36 years.
When at its peak in 1978,. After 36 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
Adrian is a familiar baby name in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 300 names.
In 2013, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 228 on boy names chart when 54 babies were given the name Adrian. Over 669 babies in Belgium have been named Adrian.
The first name is a unique baby name in Netherlands, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 500 names. Recently in 2019, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 498 on boy names chart when 30 babies were named Adrian.
Adrian is a rare baby name in Netherlands however it is still in use. However things change on global perspective, Adrian is extremely popular in Romania where every 1 in 80 have the name as well as in, Mexico and England.
Also the baby name is popular in Argentina, Poland, Philippines, Venezuela, Australia, Peru, Indonesia, Canada, Colombia, South Africa, Ecuador, Costa Rica, Bolivia, Germany, Guatemala, Malaysia, Chile, Cuba, Wales, Tanzania, Sri Lanka, Zambia and Kenya.
According to our evaluation, at least 1460000 people have been bestowed Adrian around the globe.
Adrian in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Adrian
You always watch not to hurt anyone's emotions. You are the original fellow everyone admires. You know what they say, life happens while you are too busy making plans. Your soul is suffocated with memories that are hard to forget. You are creative by soul and like to amaze people with your unusual actions. As every person has its flaws, you are not an exception. You always attract powerful ideas because of your strong intuition is what number 11 reveals of you as your expression no.
Do you like Adrian? Other names you would love
- Millan - Offbeat Millan is originated from Slavonic and Latin is used primarily in Swedish and Sikh aimed at both sexes, Millan means "Emulum or Showing Matching of Relationship"
- Lucijana - Used particulary in Slavic, Lucijana means "The Bright or Born At Daybreak" and is aimed at baby girls is of Latin origin
- Marsaili - Prominent and Perennial girl name Marsaili is originated from Latin is chiefly used in Scottish. Marsaili is Scottish form of Marcella. Also Marsaili is form of Marjorie in Scottish language
- Bettine - Of Latin and Hebrew origin, Unwonted Bettine means "My God is Perfect", notably used in Swedish, Norwegian and German is used as a girl name
- Juliette - Juliette's meaning is Youthful or Dedicated to Jupiter is chiefly used in French and Danish is a unisex name is originated from Latin
Sibling Names for Adrian
Adrian is an English name that traces its roots to Hadrianus, a Roman family name. Adrian has grown in popularity over the past few decades due to its strong and classic sound. If you're looking for some sibling names for baby Adrian, consider the following names:
Sister for Adrian
Names for Adrian's brother
Famous people named Adrian
- Adrian and Natalia of Nicomedia, Herculian Guard of the Roman Emperor Galerius Maximian
- Adrian Boult, English conductor
- Adrian Willaert, Netherlandish composer of the Renaissance and founder of the Venetian School
- Adrian von Renteln, activist and politician in Nazi Germany
- Adrian Carmack, is one of four co-founders of id Software
- Adrian Scott Stokes, English landscape painter
- Adrian Henri, British poet and painter best remembered as the founder of poetry-rock group the Liverpool Scene and as one of three poets
- Adrian of Canterbury, famous scholar and the abbot of St Augustine's Abbey in Canterbury
- Adrian Aeschbacher, Swiss classical pianist
- Adrian A. Husain, Indian-born Pakistani poet of the English language
- Adrian Durham, football journalist and broadcaster
- Adrian Scrope, twenty-seventh of the fifty-nine Commissioners
- Adrian Dickson, South-African born British television and radio host
- Adrian Hardy Haworth, English entomologist, botanist and carcinologist
- Adrian Fisher, well-known maze and puzzle designer
- Adrian Dvir, author and medium
- Adrian Cola Rienzi, Hindu Indo-Trinidadian trade unionist
- Adrian Brown, British conductor
- Adrian Ward, cornerback for the Minnesota Vikings and the New York Giants
- Adrian Ludwig Richter, a German painter and etcher, was born at Dresden
- Adrian Ward, software artist and musician
- Adrian Ross, prolific writer of lyrics
- Adrian Bell, English ruralist journalist and farmer
- Adrian Karsten, college football sideline reporter for ESPN
- Adrian Cadbury, was Chairman of Cadbury and Cadbury Schweppes for 24 years
- Adrian Snell, English pianist, keyboard player
- Adrian Bower, English actor
- Adrian Oțoiu, novelist, essayist and translator
- Adrian Jones, English sculptor and painter
- Adrian Foley, 8th Baron Foley, British peer, composer and pianist
- Adrian Searle, chief art critic of 'The Guardian' newspaper
- Adrian Morris, English painter
- Adrian Slywotzky, American consultant of Ukrainian origin and the author of several books on economic theory and management
- Adrian of Batanea, travelled from Batanea to Caesarea Palaestina
- Adrian Wooldridge, Management Editor and, since 1 April 2017
- Adrian Leaper, English conductor
- Adrian Cruft, British composer
- Adrian Furnham, South African-born British organisational and applied psychologist
- Adrian Deamer, Australian journalist, newspaper editor and lawyer
- Adrian Adlam, British violinist, conductor and music educator
- Adrian Dale, former South African cricketer
- Adrian Proteasa, retired Romanian high jumper
- Adrian Heath, 20th-century British painter
- Adrian Monck, is head of communications at the World Economic Forum and a former British journalism professor and writer on the media and current affairs
- Adrian FitzGerald, baronet, hereditary knight
- Adrian Juste, English disc jockey and radio presenter
- Adrian Guelke, is Professor of Comparative Politics
- Adrian Mikhalchishin, Ukrainian chess grandmaster now playing for Slovenia
- Adrian Vermeule, American legal scholar
- Adrian Smith, distinguished British statistician and was Principal of Queen Mary
- Adrian Lamo, and hacker
Lists having Adrian
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Polish Baby Names
- Roman Baby Names
- Russian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Boy names that ends with -rian
- Popular Boy Names in United States (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Ireland (1996)
- Popular Boy Names in Switzerland (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in New South Wales (2003)
- Popular Boy Names in Queensland (1996)
- Popular Boy Names in Sweden (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Norway (2005)
- Baby Names that mean Dark
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean Rich
- Baby Names that mean Woman
- Baby Names that mean Adriatic
- Baby Names that mean Sea
- Baby Names that mean Stem
- Baby Names that mean End