Melvyn name meaning
On This Page
What does Melvyn mean?
Used primarily in Finnish, Danish, English and Swedish illustrous, Melvyn is originated from Celtic, Old French and Old English, Melvyn means "Sword Friend or Form of Melvin" is used for both boys and girls.
Melvyn is variant form of durable and frequently used Melvin. Melvin is a version of Malwine. Also Melvin is variant form of old-school and preeminent Melville. Melvin is masculine variant of [Melvina.
Melvin is form of Melville, Which is a Scottish Surname Deriving from a French Placename Malleville: French Mal = Bad;French Ville = Settlement in English language. Melvin's meaning is Meet and Friend and Bad Village is originated from Old English, Celtic and Old French.
It is celebrated on 6 February.
Does Melvyn work as a baby name?
Melvyn is a popular Irish baby boy name that has gained a reputation for being a sophisticated and refined choice for parents. It is associated with qualities such as gentleness, leadership, and loyalty, making it an excellent choice for parents who want their son to embody these traits.
The name has also been associated with smoothness and elegance, which can evoke images of a well-groomed individual who exudes poise and charm. Overall, Melvyn is an excellent baby boy name that conveys strength, gracefulness, and wisdom.
How do I pronounce Melvyn?
The proper pronunciation of three syllabled Melvyn is m(e)-lv-yn. There are multiple ways to say the baby name, i.e., mel-vyn.
Variants of MelvynNames that rhyme with Melvyn
How popular is the name Melvyn?
In United States, Melvyn was once a common name since emerging in 1912 it has been given to over 4327 babies. When at the peak of its usage in 1938,. However after 106 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts.
In addition to that, the given name has been in Also, A common name in France with over 4857 new-borns have been given the name since 1973. At present the name is rising, in 2005, 345 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 209th position.
Melvyn is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales where it has been in use since 1996 and achieved its top ranking of 1889 in 2000. It had a short run of 9 years on Belgium boy names chart.
But Melvyn is a popular baby name in England where every 1 in 5000 have the name. At least, 20000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our estimate.
Melvyn in Nordic countries
What numerology tells about Melvyn?
Your creativity is something many people envy, especially your co-workers. Stop being so kind and show people their place in your life. You love to travel but lack the money at the moment. You are probably an artist, or a writer, or something else associated with creativity. You get disappointed when you realize that most people worry more about social appearances rather than personal growth. You are creative by soul and like to amaze people with your unusual actions.
Do you like Melvyn? Read these names too
- Shayda - Atypical Shayda is used mainly in Arabic aimed at girls has its origin in Celtic and American, Shayda means "Night"
- Tadhgan - Origin of Tadhgan is in Celtic and Old Irish languages bestowed upon boys which is used commonly in Gaelic and Irish, meaning of Tadhgan is "Poet"
- Sienna - Famous unisex name Sienna is of Celtic and Italian origin, meaning of Sienna is "Reddish Orange-brown, Reddish-Brown or Orange-Red Which was First Used In 1760 or Derives from Italian Terra Di Sienna = Earth of Siena, a City In Central Italy, Where the Coloring Material was First Produced" is largely used in English and Danish languages
- Herveline - The Herveline has its origin in Celtic, meaning of Herveline is "Strong or Ardent"
- Demond - Famed Demond is originated from Celtic and French bestowed upon both genders, Demond means "Munster, Man of the World and Gracious Defender". Demond is short form of Desmond.
Middle names for Melvyn
These are some of the trending and celebrated options for Melvyn middle names.
View more middle names that goes with Melvyn.
Famous people named Melvyn
- Melvyn Betts, English cricketer
- Melvyn Morrow, Australian playwright
- Melvyn Dubofsky, is professor emeritus of history and sociology
- Melvyn Rubenfire, cardiologist
- Melvyn Douglas, American actor
- Melvyn Bragg, English broadcaster, author and parliamentarian
- Melvyn Hayes, Born
- Melvyn Gale, English cellist
- Melvyn J Taub, London-based Tour and Promotion Manager and some-time pop/rock singer and actor
- Melvyn Weiss, American attorney
- Melvyn Barnes in 1995 as Actor
- Melvyn Ternan in short Neck and Neck as Actor
Lists having Melvyn
- Boys names beginning with M
- Girls names beginning with M
- American Baby Names
- Celtic Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Girl names that starts with Mel
- Baby Names that mean Sword
- Baby Names that mean Friend
- Baby Names that mean Mill
- Baby Names that mean Worker
- Baby Names that mean Chief
- Baby Names that mean Protector
- Baby Names that mean Settlement
- Baby Names that mean Gentle
- Baby Names that mean Chieftain
- Baby Names that mean Village