Lettie name meaning
On This Page
What does Lettie mean?
Commonly used in Swedish, German, English, Dutch and Danish durable and illustrous, Lettie aimed at girls, meaning of Lettie is "Joy or Allesse" is of Old Greek, Latin and Germanic origin. Lettie is form of unfading Adelheid.
Adelheid is version of eternal and outstanding Adela. Also Adelheid is version of everlasting and predominant Adelaide. Adelheid is form of Adalhaid in German language. Origin of Frequently Used and Perpetual Adelheid is in Germanic and Old High German languages, meaning of Adelheid is "Of a Noble Kind, Noble and Fight and Of Noble Figure".
Lettie is a derivative of Laetitia. Originated from Latin, Popular and Perennial Laetitia, Laetitia means "Joy, Allesse and Happiness". Lettie is short of Alea. Alea is version of illustrous Ali. Alea is an abridged form of names with "nobility".
Alea is German form of Eulalia. Origin of Venerable and Loved Alea is in Arabic and Hebrew, meaning of Alea is "Exalted and The Ascent". Lettie is celebrated on August 18.
Is Lettie a suitable baby name?
Lettie is a delightful and charming name for a baby girl. Its American origin gives it a unique quality that sets it apart from other names.
The meaning of Joy adds an uplifting and positive energy to the name, making Lettie an excellent choice for parents who want their daughter to bring happiness into the world. This moniker has a sweet and feminine sound, perfect for a little girl who will one day grow up to be strong and independent.
Lettie's simplicity is its strength, allowing it to stand out in its own right without the need for any frills or embellishments. It's no surprise that Lettie is becoming more popular among new parents as they seek out a name that embodies joy and optimism for their daughters' futures.
How do I pronounce Lettie?
You can pronounce the two syllabled name Lettie as l(et)-tie. leh-tee is the different way(s) to pronounce the name.
Variants of Lettie
Middle Names for Lettie
Alyah, Hora, Yyn, Ivanna, Maie, view more middle names that goes with LettieNames that rhyme with Lettie
How popular is the name Lettie?
A common name in United States with over 9570 new-borns have been given the name since 1880. At present the name is rising, in 1881, 201 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 181st position.
In addition to that, the name has been in In England and Wales, Lettie is a unique name where it has been in use since 2001 and has secured the place in top 2000 names.
Recently in 2018, it ranked 1059th when 33 girls were named Lettie. Over 175 babies in England and Wales have been named Lettie.
Lettie is a rare baby name in France where it is still in use.
But Lettie is a popular baby name in South Africa where every 1 in 4000 have the name. According to our findings, at least 20000 people have been bestowed Lettie around the globe.
Numerological analysis of Lettie
To have number 7 as your personality number means you are calm by nature and have a peaceful attitude about everything. Self-doubt won't help you realize your goals. Self-confidence and self-reliance will. You can become a great leader if you want. The question is how do you want to succeed in life? Love is most important in your life. You are a wise person with great knowledge that you intend on sharing in the future.
Other names liked by would be parents that are similar to Lettie
- Ceciliano - Boy name Ceciliano is rooted from Latin, Ceciliano means "Cecilia or Caecilius" is prevalently used in Italian
- Thuriau - Thuriau's meaning is Young Shoot has its origin in Latin
- Aukusti - Eternal and Widespread Aukusti is used largely in Swedish and Finnish aimed at boys is of Latin origin. Aukusti is Finnish form of August
- Sklaer means Clarity is primarily used in Breton is originated from Latin
- Luise - Unusual Luise is used principally in Spanish and English, Luise means "Fight, Famous or Battle" given to both genders has its origin in Germanic and Latin
Famous people named Lettie
- Lettie Pate Whitehead Evans, American businesswoman and philanthropist
- Lettie Hamlet Rogers, American novelist and educator
- Lettie Viljoen, who primarily writes in Afrikaans
- Lettie Ford portrayed key role of Mrs. Haskell in 1917 drama, romance film The Avenging Trail.
- Lettie Paxton portrayed the leading character of The Girl in 1917 drama, war film The Man Who Made Good.
Lists having Lettie
- Girl names beginning with L
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- German Girl Names
- Greek Girl Names
- Latin Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Dutch Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -tie
- Baby Names that mean Joy