Adelheid name meaning
On This Page
What does Adelheid mean?
Used in Swedish, Dutch, Danish, German, Scandinavian, Norwegian and Finnish persistent and queer, Adelheid is used as a girl name which is rooted from Germanic and Old High German, Adelheid means "Of a Noble Kind or Of Noble Figure".
Adelheid is form of unfading and renowned Adelaide. Adelaide is variation of everlasting and admired Adela. Adelaide is form of Adelheid in French language. Also Adelaide is Nordic equivalent of Adélaïde.
Meaning of Adelaide is Of Noble Figure and Noble and Fight is originated from Old High German and Germanic. Adelheid is variant form of persistent and celebrated Adela. Adela is short version of names with "nobility".
Adela is equivalent of Adele in Italian language. Also Adela is equivalent of Names Containing the Name Element Adal in German language. Adela's meaning is Honorable, Small Winged One and Love is originated from Old High German and Germanic.
Adelheid is German equivalent of Adalhaid. Adelheid is celebrated on 16 December.
How do I pronounce Adelheid?
The proper pronunciation of two syllabled Adelheid is a-del-heid. Some people pronounce it as ad(e)-lheid.
Variants of AdelheidNames that rhyme with Adelheid
How popular is the name Adelheid?
Adelheid is an uncommon baby name in United States where it has been in use since 1894 and peaked in 1894 when it ranked 1353rd. Over 133 babies in United States have been named Adelheid.
Also, in France, it has been in use since 1900 and achieved its top most rank of 643 in 1916. But Adelheid is a popular baby name in Germany where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in Austria.
As per our research, over 80000 babies have been bestowed Adelheid around the globe.
Adelheid in Nordic countries
Numerological aspects of Adelheid
Remember that life is to have fun and don't worry much. You always doubt yourself and your abilities. Learn your value. You are all about adventure and travel. Details matter to you, especially when it comes to choosing your love partner. You prefer to enjoy solitude because it's when your creativity strikes in. You are the mover and shaker of the world. You are sometimes manipulative and hated for it.
Do you like Adelheid? Read these names too
- Griet - Girl name Griet is originated from Greek and Old Greek, meaning of Griet is "Pearl" is used largely in Swedish, Dutch and Danish
- Esmee - Chiefly used in Dutch darling, Esmee used for baby girls, meaning of Esmee is "Esteemed" is originated from Old French and Spanish
- Quinten - Meaning of Quinten is The Fifth or Born In the Fifth Month is rooted from Latin which is particulary used in Dutch and English is used as a boy name
- Antje - Unorthodox Antje is originated from Frisian, Dutch and Hebrew is prevalently used in Finnish, Frisian and Norwegian, Antje means "Grace, Graceful or He (God) Was Gracious" is aimed at girls
- Annike means He (God) Was Gracious is dominantly used in Low German and Swedish and is given to girls is rooted from Hebrew
Sibling Names for Adelheid
Adelheid is a beautiful traditional name, originating from Germany. Here are some sibling names that would pair well with Adelheid:
For a sister
For a brother
Famous people named Adelheid
- Adelheid Amalie Gallitzin, daughter of the Prussian Field Marshal Count Samuel von Schmettau and the mother of Prince Demetrius Augustine Gallitzin
- Adelheid Popp, Austrian feminist and socialist
- Adelheid Arndt in Der Mädchenkrieg as Actress
Lists having Adelheid
- Girl names beginning with A
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- German Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Dutch Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Ade
- Baby Names that mean Noble
- Baby Names that mean Kind
- Baby Names that mean Fight