Luca name meaning
On This Page
What does Luca mean?
Popular unisex name Luca is originated from Old Greek and Latin and is used especially in Finnish, Hungarian, Faroese, Norwegian, Italian, Swedish, English and Danish languages, meaning of Luca is "Light, Man from Lucania, The Bright, Born At Daybreak, Daylight Babies or Shining".
Luca is a short version of Lucia. Lucia is variation of ever lasting and frequently used Lucy. Lucia is effeminate form of Lucius. Lucia is form of Lucie in Italian language.
Commonly Accepted Lucia's origin is Latin, meaning of Lucia is "The Light of India and Bringer of Light". Luca is abridged form of Lucy. Lucy is form of customary and conifer Lucie.
Lucy is short version of Lucia. Lucy is equivalent of Lucie in English language. Renowned Lucy came from Latin, meaning of Lucy is "The Bright, Born At Daybreak and Bringer of Light".
Luca is feminine of Lucas. Lucas is version of Luke and Lucius. Lucas is resulted from Luke. Lucas is Irish, Scandinavian and German cognate of Lucius. Also Lucas is form of Luke in English and Spanish languages.
Lucas is also Latin equivalent of Lukas. Famous Lucas is originated from Latin and Old Greek, Lucas means "Bringer of Light, A Region of Southern Italy and Man from Lucania". Luca is Italian equivalent of Lucius.
Also Luca is Italian equivalent of Luke.. It is celebrated on October 18th.
How do I pronounce Luca?
Two syllabled Luca is pronounced as loo-kuh.
Variants of Luca
Nicknames for Luca
Since given name Luca is such a short name, it is hard to converge any further but we managed scrape out few options:
How popular is the name Luca?
Luca is a popular name in United States given to over 29934 babies in 86 years. Currently the name is hotter than ever, 3589 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 106th position.
Moreover, the name has been to the top 500 baby names 16 times Also, Luca is a popular in England and Wales where over 17448 new-borns have been given the name since 1996.
Currently the name is hotter than ever, 1291 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 51st position. Moreover, the name has been to the top 100 baby names 16 times Also, Luca is a popular in France where over 14579 new-borns have been given the name since 1959.
Presently the name is rising, in 2009, it ranked 84th when 868 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Additionally, the moniker has been in the top 100 baby names 3 times Also, a popular name in Spain having over 3590 recievers in 5 years of usage.
At the peak of its usage in 2019, the moniker grabbed the 44th spot and 911 baby boys were given the name. Additionally, the given name has been in the top 50 baby names 2 times Also, Luca was a very popular name in Italy.
Over 98267 babies have been named Luca since 1999. At the peak of its usage in 1999, 7799 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 5th position. However after 20 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still performing better than most of the names.
In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 5 baby names 1 times
In Ireland, Luca was once a common name since emerging in 2000 it has been given to over 837 babies.
At the peak of its usage in 2019,. However after 17 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Also, A common name in Netherlands with over 1801 new-borns have been given the name since 2015.
When at its peak in 2019, 384 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 24th position. Additionally, the name has been in the top 50 baby names 5 times Also, A common name in Belgium with over 6239 new-borns have been given the name since 1995.
At the peak of its usage in 2008, 323 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 21st position. Also, A common name in New South Wales with over 2385 new-borns have been given the name since 2005.
Recently the name is rising, in 2019, 232 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 29th position. Also, A common name in Queensland with over 628 new-borns have been given the name since 2015.
Currently the moniker is on a rise, in 2019, it ranked 33rd when 168 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Also, A common name in Victoria having over 1641 recievers in 12 years of usage.
When at the peak of its usage in 2019, 212 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 26th position.
But Luca is a popular baby name in Switzerland where every 1 in 2000 have the name.
As per our evaluation, over 310000 babies have been bestowed Luca around the globe.
Luca in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Luca
You are independent and capable to provide for you and your family. You take calculated risks and take your ideas and the ideas of others seriously. You are able to resist any temptation because you focus on things that matter all the time. In order to achieve something great and unseen so far, you have to rely on your talents, creativity, and intuition. You already have what other wish for but must learn to keep your life in continuous order.
Do you like Luca? You would love these names
- Quinty - Used dominantly in Dutch, Quinty is used as a girl name, Quinty means "The Fifth or Born In the Fifth Month" has origin in Latin
- Caprasius has its origin in Latin, Caprasius means "She-Goat" is used as a baby boy name
- Adriean means Adriatic Sea and Rich is used as a baby boy name is rooted from Latin. Adriean is derived from Adrian.
- Balbine - Girl name Balbine is originated from Latin, Balbine means "Stammering or Bègue"
- Gillian - Widely Accepted unisex name Gillian means "A Feminine Form of Julian, Epic or Youthful", substantially used in Danish and English came from Greek and Latin
Middle names for Luca
Complement Luca with any of the all the rage and favorite middle names assembled below.
View more middle names that goes with Luca.
Famous people named Luca
- Luca della Robbia, Italian sculptor from Florence
- Luca Miti, Italian composer and pianist
- Luca Signorelli, Italian Renaissance painter
- Luca Marenzio, Italian composer and singer of the late Renaissance
- Luca Ghini, Italian physician and botanist
- Luca Bati, Italian Baroque composer and music teacher
- Luca Agamennoni, Italian silver medal and bronze medal winner for rowing in the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing and 2004 Summer Olympics
- Luca Cambiasi, He is considered the founder of the Genoese school
- Luca Bassani, Italian founder and president of the Monaco-based maritime design company Wally Yachts
- Luca Gaurico, Italian astrologer, astronomer
- Luca Fancelli, Italian architect and sculptor
- Luca Lombardi, Italian composer
- Luca Ronconi, Italian actor, theater director
- Luca Longhi, Italian painter of the late-Renaissance or Mannerist period
- Luca Marmorini, former head of the engine and electronics department at the Ferrari Formula One team
- Luca Pianca, Swiss musician-lutenist whose specialty is archlute
- Luca Cantagalli, |- align=left
- Luca Cumani, Italian thoroughbred horse trainer and breeder
- Luca Ferrari, Italian painter of the Baroque period
- Luca Forte, Italian painter of the Baroque period
- Luca Brandolini, Italian prelate of the Roman Catholic Church
- Luca Mombello, Italian painter of the late-Renaissance periods
- Luca Savelli, Roman senator who in 1234 sacked the Lateran
- Luca Barbieri, Italian painter of the late-Renaissance and early-Baroque
- Luca Maria Gambardella, Italian computer scientist
- Luca Cardelli, Italian computer scientist
- Luca Urbani, former ASI astronaut and was assigned as an alternate payload specialist for mission STS-78
- Luca Pacioli, Italian mathematician, Franciscan friar
- Luca Giordano, Italian late Baroque painter and printmaker
- Luca Damiano, Italian film director
- Luca Cordero di Montezemolo, Italian businessman, former Chairman of Ferrari
- Luca Badoer, Italian former racing driver
- Luca Prodan, Italian–Scottish musician and singer
- Luca Romagnoli, Italian politician and former Member of the European Parliament for Southern Italy with the neo-fascist party Tricolour Flame
- Luca Cadalora, Italian former Grand Prix motorcycle road racing world champion
- Luca Toni, Italian retired professional footballer
- Luca Pitti, Florentine banker during the period of the republic presided over by Cosimo de' Medici
- Luca Lionello, Italian actor
- Luca Turin, biophysicist and writer with a long-standing interest
- Luca Filippi, Italian Auto racing driver
- Luca Bucci, retired Italian football goalkeeper
- Luca Turilli's Dreamquest, power metal band led by Italian musician Luca Turilli
- Luca Zaia, Italian politician and member of Liga Veneta–Lega Nord
- Luca Princiotta, Italian guitarist
- Luca Valdesi, Karate world champion
- Luca Sacchi, TV commentator and retired Italian swimmer
- Luca Marchegiani, Italian former footballer
- Luca Paolini, Italian former road bicycle racer
- Luca Congi, former professional Canadian football punter/placekicker
- Luca Antonini, Italian former professional footballer
- Luca Castellazzi, Italian former professional footballer
- Luca Denicolà, footballer from Switzerland
- Luca Rigoni, Italian footballer who plays for Parma in Serie A
Lists having Luca
- Boys names beginning with L
- Girls names beginning with L
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Hungarian Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Girl names that starts with Luc
- Popular Boy Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Ireland (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in France (2009)
- Popular Boy Names in Italy (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Switzerland (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Netherlands (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Belgium (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2012)
- Baby Names that mean Light
- Baby Names that mean Man
- Baby Names that mean Bright
- Baby Names that mean Daylight
- Baby Names that mean Shining