Lukas meaning and origin
Meaning of Lukas is From Lucania, Light, Daylight Babies or Shining is rooted from Latin and Old Greek dominantly used in Norwegian, Faroese, Greenlandic, Danish, Scandinavian, Irish, Czech, Lithuanian, Finnish, Swedish, English, Greek, German and Old Norse is used as a gender-neutral name.. Lukas is celebrated on October 18th.
Variants of Lukas
View middle names that goes with Lukas like Graham, Koah, Owen, Dael, Keagan, Gerry,Names that rhyme with Lukas
Popularity of Lukas
Lukas was a popular name in United States. Over 33410 babies have been given the name in 58 years. At its zenith in 2017, it ranked 220th when 1744 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 58 years but still performing better than most of the names. In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 500 baby names 28 times Also, Lukas was among the popular names in France. Since emerging in 1979 around 8667 babies have been given the name. When at the peak of its usage in 2004, the moniker grabbed the 83rd spot and 1058 baby boys were given the name. However after 37 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Additionally, the name has been in the top 100 baby names 1 times Also, Lukas was among the popular names in Sweden. Since emerging in 1998 around 1615 babies have been given the name. At the peak of its usage in 1999, it ranked 12nd when 861 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. After 2 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. In addition to that, the name has been in the top 50 baby names 2 times
Lukas is common in England and Wales where over 3797 new-borns have been given the name since 1996. Currently the name is rising, in 2012, it ranked 189th when 295 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Also, Lukas was a common name in Switzerland. Over 5177 babies have been named Lukas since 1998. When at its peak in 1999,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 21 years but it is still going strong. Additionally, the first name has been in the top 5 baby names 1 times Also, A common name in Netherlands having over 665 recievers in 5 years of usage. Currently at its peak, 150 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 109th position. Also, A common name in Belgium having over 3778 recievers in 24 years of usage. At the peak of its usage in 2007, 245 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 42nd position.
Lukas is a unique baby name in Ireland, it has been in use since 1994 and was able to reach the top 200 names. In 2013, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 157 on boy names chart when 42 babies were named Lukas. Over 501 people have been named Lukas in Ireland. Lukas is a rare baby name in Sweden there is very thin chances of it still being given. Over 1615 babies in Sweden have been named Lukas. But Lukas is a popular baby name in Czech Republic where every 1 in 200 have the name as well as in, Indonesia, South Africa, Poland, Germany, Namibia, Tanzania and Austria. At least, 230000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our estimate.
Lukas in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Lukas?
No one dares to say bad things about you. You need to start looking out for yourself more. Find out what drives you. You are an old soul trapped inside a vital body. Your motto is "Why fight when you can solve issues the better way?" Focus on your career. You are not superficial and there's nothing that you can't handle if you are in a temper enough. You appreciate your time enough not to spend it on doing things you don't want and stupid people.
You would love these names similar to Lukas
- Idonia - The rare girl name Idonia is originated from Latin, Idonia means "Industrious or Loving One" is used mainly in Spanish and English languages
- Milko came from Hebrew and Latin is prevalently used in Swedish and Danish used as a boy name, meaning of Milko is "Loving or Wetteifernde"
- Pasqualino - Queer boy name Pasqualino means "Easter". Its origin is in Latin is used majorly in Italian
- Elba - Origin of Elba is in Latin and Germanic is used principally in Finnish, Norwegian and Swedish is given to both boys and girls. Elba is German cognate of Names Beginning with Eil-/El-
- Emilien - Uncommon boy name Emilien is of Latin origin, meaning of Emilien is "Emulum or Industrious"
Namesakes of Lukas
- Lukas Foss, German-American composer, pianist, and conductor
- Lukas Resetarits, Austrian cabaret artist and actor
- Lukas Ligeti, composer and percussionist
- Lukas Bonnier, Swedish publisher
- Lukas Achtschelling, landscape painter from Brussels, Belgium
- Lukas Vischer, amateur artist, traveler, and collector from Basel
- Lukas Vischer, Swiss Reformed theologian, author
- Lukas Nielsen, Danish gymnast
- Lukas Reimann, conservative Swiss politician
- Lukas Hottinger, paleontologist, biologist and geologist
- Lukas Beck, Austrian photographer
- Lukas Moodysson, Swedish novelist
- Lukas Haas, American actor and musician
- Lukas Podolski, German professional footballer
- Lukas Sinkiewicz, retired Polish-German footballer
- Lukas Jutkiewicz, English professional footballer
- Lukas Rossi, Canadian rock musician and was the winner of the CBS Television reality series 'Rock Star: Supernova' - a televised audition contest to become lead singer of the hard rock supergroup 'Rock Star Supernova'
- Lukas Ridgeston, Slovak actor and director in gay erotic movies and model
- Lukas Wooller, keyboard player and occasional backing vocalist of British indie rock band
- Lukas Heller, German-born screenwriter
- Lukas Bjørneboe Brændsrød in Ballettguttene as
- Lukasz Jogalla in 21 Jump Street as Camera and Electrical Department
- Lukas Strebel in The Challenger as Cinematographer
- Lukas Pöstlberger Lukas Pöstlberger is an Austrian cyclist born on 10 January 1992 in Vöcklabruck.
- Lukas Ammann, from 1959 drama movie Hast noch der Söhne ja...?, who portrayed Coiffeur Mani.
- Lukas Munro characterized the key character of Michael in 1990 drama film Innuendo.
- In 2017, Lukas Hassel characterized the role of Paul Hemdale in comedy, horror film The Black Room.
- Lukas Schwarz Thorsteinsson, from 2007 comedy, family film Guldhornene, who played Jonas.
- Lukas Steltner, from 2011 drama, romance movie Stadt Land Fluss, who characterized the Marko.
- In 2009, Lukas Ferreira portrayed the role of Grover Long In movie Jim Thorpe: The Worlds Greatest Athlete.
- In 2011, Lukas Best played the role of Tom in crime and drama film Tauwetter.
Lists having Lukas
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with L
- Girls names beginning with L
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Czech Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Irish Baby Names
- Lithuanian Baby Names
- Norse Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Popular Boy Names in France (2004)
- Popular Boy Names in Switzerland (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Belgium (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Sweden (1999)
- Popular Boy Names in Norway (2019)
- Baby Names that mean Light
- Baby Names that mean Daylight
- Baby Names that mean Shining