Lucas meaning and origin
Lucas means Man from Lucania, A Region of Southern Italy, Daylight Babies or Shining is used largely in Danish, English, French, Spanish, Irish, German, Norwegian, Swedish, Telugu, Greenlandic, Dutch, Finnish, Portuguese and Scandinavian usually used for both boys and girls is originated from Old Greek and Latin. Lucas is derivation of Luke. Luke is English cognate of Lukas. Also Luke is Latin cognate of Lucius. Celebrated and Ever lasting Luke came from Old Greek and Latin languages, meaning of Luke is "A Region of Southern Italy, Native of Lucania and Shining". Lucas is form of Lucius in Dutch and Irish languages.. Also Lucas is form of Lukas in Latin language. Lucas is celebrated on October 18th.
Variants of Lucas
View middle names that goes with Lucas like Gage, Kaiser, Jeffry, Ylan, Barry, Sullivan,Names that rhyme with Lucas
Popularity of Lucas
Lucas was an extremely popular name in United States. Over 252824 babies have been given the given name in 170 years. At the peak of its usage in 2018, the moniker grabbed the 8th spot and 12951 baby boys were given the name. However after 170 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still dominating the charts. Additionally, the first name has been in the top 10 baby names 1 times Also, Lucas was a popular name in England and Wales. Over 38110 babies have been named Lucas since 1996. When at the peak of its usage in 2009, the moniker grabbed the 17th spot and 3276 baby boys were given the name. However after 23 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still going strong on charts. In addition to that, the first name has been in the top 50 baby names 13 times Also, Lucas was a very popular name in France. Over 168772 babies have been given the name in 112 years. When at the peak of its usage in 2002, 9319 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 1st position. However after 112 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still going strong on charts. Additionally, the first name has been in the top 5 baby names 19 times Also, Lucas is a popular name in Spain given to over 34960 babies in 16 years. When at the peak of its usage in 2017, the moniker grabbed the 1st spot and 4209 baby boys were given the name. Moreover, the name has been to the top 5 baby names 3 times Also, a popular name in Netherlands with over 3322 new-borns have been given the name since 2015. Currently the name is rising, in 2018, it ranked 1st when 689 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Additionally, the given name has been in the top 5 baby names 5 times Also, Lucas is a popular in Denmark where over 14905 new-borns have been given the name since 1995. At the peak of its usage in 2004, 988 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 1st position. Additionally, the name has been in the top 5 baby names 13 times Also, Lucas was a popular name in Sweden. Over 17261 babies have been named Lucas since 2000. At the peak of its usage in 2006, 1173 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 1st position. However after 18 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still performing better than most of the names. Additionally, the name has been in the top 5 baby names 15 times Also, Lucas is a popular name in Belgium given to over 13233 babies in 24 years. When at the peak of its usage in 2010, 700 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 1st position. In addition to that, the name has been in the top 5 baby names 17 times Also, Lucas is a popular in New South Wales where over 8192 new-borns have been given the name since 1980. At its zenith in 2011, 605 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 2nd position. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 5 baby names 3 times
A common name in Ireland with over 1590 new-borns have been given the name since 1979. Presently the moniker is on a rise, in 2018, the moniker grabbed the 55th spot and 130 baby boys were given the name. Also, A common name in Switzerland with over 3363 new-borns have been given the name since 1998. At present the name is rising, in 2014, 187 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 28th position. Also, Lucas was a common name in Queensland. Over 3944 babies have been named Lucas since 1980. At its zenith in 2014,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 24 years but it is still going strong. Also, Lucas used to be a common name in Western Australia, first appeared in 2007 and over 2064 babies have been given the name in 12 years. When at the peak of its usage in 2010,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 12 years but it is still going strong. In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 5 baby names 5 times Also, Lucas used to be a common name in Victoria, first appeared in 2008 and over 3800 babies have been given the name in 12 years. At the peak of its usage in 2014,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 12 years but it is still going strong. Moreover, the name has been to the top 10 baby names 8 times
Lucas is an uncommon baby name in still in use in Northern Territory. However things change on global perspective, Lucas is extremely popular in Brazil where every 1 in 2000 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Tanzania, South Africa, Argentina, Mozambique, Angola, Mexico, Ecuador, Guatemala, Cameroon, Kenya, Peru, Madagascar, Papua New Guinea, Colombia, Venezuela, Poland and Philippines. As per our evaluation, over 810000 babies have been bestowed Lucas around the globe.
Lucas in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Lucas?
Stop expecting from people to do for you what you are willing to do for them. They don't have your heart. To have 7 as your personality number reveals the sensitive side of your personality. Your age has nothing to do with your knowledge and wisdom. The number 4 as your soul urge no symbolizes your need to put everything in order. Follow your dreams and heart instead of rules. You lack enthusiasm and adventure.
Other names liked by name hunters that are similar to Lucas
- Zenzi - The girl name Zenzi is primarily used in German is originated from Latin, Zenzi means "Thriving or The Growing"
- Urbanie - The Urbanie is rooted from Latin, Urbanie means "City Dweller"
- Loelya - Meaning of Loelya is Key or Closing has its origin in Latin
- Modesta - Unorthodox and Ever lasting girl name Modesta means "Modest" and of English and Latin origin is used particulary in Swedish, Danish and Norwegian
- Dominisha - Of Latin origin, Offbeat Dominisha is used in English used as a baby girl name, Dominisha means "Form of Dominick, Belonging to the Lord and Lord". Dominisha is feminine variation of Dominic.
Namesakes of Lucas
- Lucas Cranach the Younger, German Renaissance painter and portraitist
- Lucas Barrett, English naturalist and geologist
- Lucas van Leyden, Dutch painter and printmaker
- Lucas Vázquez de Ayllón, Ayllón's account of the region inspired a number of later attempts by the Spanish and French governments to colonize the southeastern United States
- Lucas Achtschellinck, Flemish landscape painter
- Lucas David, German historian, who from ca
- Lucas Holstenius, German Catholic humanist, geographer and historian
- Lucas Malet, a Victorian novelist
- Lucas Fernández, Spanish dramatist and musician
- Lucas Debes, Danish priest
- Lucas Watzenrode, was Prince-Bishop of Warmia and patron to his nephew
- Lucas de Heere, Flemish portrait painter, poet and writer
- Lucas Babin, American attorney, actor and fashion model
- Lucas Bridges, Anglo-Argentine author, explorer, and rancher
- Lucas Elmendorf, United States Representative from New York
- Lucas Legnani, Argentine ten-pin bowler
- Lucas de Penna, fourteenth-century Neapolitan jurist and a judge of the Magna Curia at Naples
- Lucas van Valckenborch, Flemish painter, mainly known for his landscapes
- Lucas Vorsterman, Baroque engraver
- Lucas Bolsius, Dutch historian and politician of the Christian Democratic Appeal and since 31 August 2010 mayor of the city of Amersfoort
- Lucas de Valdés, Spanish painter and engraver of the Baroque period
- Lucas Horenbout, Flemish artist
- Lucas Janszoon Waghenaer, Dutch chief officer and cartographer
- Lucas Cranach the Elder, German Renaissance painter and printmaker
- Lucas Mangope, leader of the Bantustan of Bophuthatswana
- Lucas Cornelius Steyn, PC was Chief Justice of South Africa and
- Lucas Radebe, South African former footballer
- Lucas Neill, Australian former footballer
- Lucas Fox, member of British rock band Motörhead
- Lucas Alamán, Mexican scientist, conservative politician
- Lucas Papademos, Greek economist
- Lucas Sithole, South African sculptor best
- Lucas Pantelis, retired Greek Australian footballer
- Lucas Black, American film and television actor
- Lucas Cammareri, field hockey forward from Argentina,
- Lucas Ayala, Argentine-born Mexican retired footballer
- Lucas Grabeel, American actor, director, producer
- Lucas di Grassi, Brazilian racing driver
- Lucas Rey, Argentine field hockey midfielder
- Lucas Monteverde, Argentine professional polo player with a handicap of 9
- Lucas Belvaux, Belgian actor and film director
- Lucas Glover, American professional golfer
- Lucas Biglia, Argentine professional footballer
- Lucas Prata, American house musician and DJ. Born
- Lucas Leiva, Brazilian professional footballer
- Lucas Secon, record producer, songwriter, DJ, rapper
- Lucas Bernardi, retired Argentine footballer
- Lucas Arnau, Colombian singer-songwriter
- Lucas Parsons, Australian professional golfer
- Lucas Pusineri, Argentine retired footballer
- Lucas Nogueira Lucas Riva Amarante Nogueira, better known as Lucas Nogueira is a Brazilian basketball player who plays for the Toronto Raptors of the NBA.
- Lucas Amberg directed the movie Boys Soccer Club
- In 2011 comedy and drama film, Getting That Girl, Lucas Elliot Eberl portrayed Ferrat Barret.
- Lucas Ferraro portrayed the central character of Pablo in 2009 comedy and drama movie Plan B.
- Lucas de Diego, from 1999 documentary flick Los libros y la noche, who played the N.
- Lucas Bablin played important role of Demon #3 in 2020 horror flick Angels Fallen.
- Lucas Escariz portrayed the significant character of Lucas in 2018 comedy and drama film Penelope.
- In 2008 comedy, drama flick, Una semana solos, Lucas Del Bo portrayed Facundo.
- In 2004 drama movie, The Final Witness, Lucas Bergeron portrayed Timothy Durret.
- Lucas Oliveira played the pivotal character of N in 2010 drama, family flick Ocio.
- In 2014, Lucas Alexander portrayed the role of Lucas in comedy and drama flick En, to, tresomt.
- Lucas Valadares characterized the leading character of Guiga and adult in 2005 drama film Eu Me Lembro.
- Lucas Ribeiro played the vital character of Bezerra de Menezes - child in 2008 biography and drama film Bezerra de Menezes: O Diário de um Espírito.
- In 2016 drama flick, Manchester by the Sea, Lucas Hedges played Patrick.
- In 2006, Lucas Porter played the role of Steve in drama movie Bitter End.
Lists having Lucas
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with L
- Girls names beginning with L
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Dutch Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Irish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Portuguese Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Girl names that starts with Luc
- Popular Boy Names in United States (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Ireland (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in France (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Switzerland (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Netherlands (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Denmark (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Denmark (2012)
- Popular Boy Names in Belgium (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Northern Territory (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Western Australia (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2012)
- Popular Boy Names in Sweden (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Norway (2019)
- Baby Names that mean Bringer
- Baby Names that mean Light
- Baby Names that mean Man
- Baby Names that mean Daylight
- Baby Names that mean Shining