Maartje meaning and origin
The girl name Maartje has its origin in Latin and Hebrew, used mainly in Dutch and Frisian languages, Maartje means "Mars". Maartje is an effeminate variant of Marten. Marten is variation of admired and conifer Martin. Marten is Swedish, German and Dutch form of Martin. Also Marten is German cognate of Martin. Marten means Warlike, Little Marcus and Warrior of Mars is originated from Latin. Maartje is Dutch form of Martina. Also Maartje is Dutch form of Mary.
Variants of MaartjeNames that rhyme with Maartje
Popularity of Maartje
Maartje is a familiar baby name in Netherlands, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 200 names. Recently in 2017, 70 babies were given Maartje and it reached its peak ranking, 190 on girl names chart. There are over 270 babies that have been given the name Maartje in Netherlands. Maartje is an uncommon baby name in Belgium where it has been in use since 1995 and peaked in 2001 when it ranked 519th. Over 114 people have been named Maartje in Belgium.
Also, Maartje is a familiar name in Indonesia. As per our findings, over 10000 people has been named Maartje globally.
Maartje in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Maartje
You have a restless spirit and booming energy. You are all about adventure and travel. To have 7 as your personality number reveals the sensitive side of your personality. You need to learn how to appreciate your life because no one will do it for you. Allow yourself to think more freely. Travelling is your passion. You are probably an artist, or a writer, or something else associated with creativity.
You would love these names similar to Maartje
- Randi - Well-Known unisex name Randi is originated from Old High German and Germanic, Randi means "Wolf Shield, Councilor or Admirable" is especially used in Nordic and Danish
- Gill - Desirable and Perennial unisex name Gill is used notably in Icelandic and English, meaning of Gill is "French Form of Julius or Battle to the Death" is rooted from Latin and Irish
- Cristal - Frequently Used Cristal is used mostly in Finnish and Swedish has its origin in English and Latin is a unisex name, Cristal means "Crystal"
- Aceson - Meaning of Aceson is Son of Ace is especially used in English and of English and Latin origin is a boy name
- Maximiliana - Originated from Latin, Odd and Contemporary Maximiliana is dominantly used in Swedish, Finnish and Danish and is aimed at girls, Maximiliana means "Eldest of All or Greatest"
Namesakes of Maartje
- Maartje Offers, Dutch contralto classical singer
- Maartje Goderie, Dutch field hockey player
- Maartje Paumen, former Dutch field hockey player