Mai name meaning
What does Mai mean?
Used primarily in Tamil, Norwegian, Finnish, Swedish, Danish, Frisian and Faroese durable and prominent, Mai aimed at both genders, Mai means "Dance" is originated from French, Hebrew, English, Japanese and Old Greek. Mai is a variant of perennial, prevalent and biblical May. May is a variant form of MaryMaxine. May is a shortened form of Mary and Margaret. May is English form of Mary. Meaning of May is Mother and T is originated from Latin and English. Mai is a variant of venerable, biblical and prevailing Mary. Mary is English form of Maria. Also Mary is English cognate of Maria. Mary means Wished-for Child, Bitter and Rebellion has its origin in Hebrew and Egyptian. Mai is diminutive of Maja. Maja is version of modish and noteworthy Maya. Maja is resultant of Marie. Maja is shortened form of Maria. Also Maja is abridged form of Mary. Maja is equivalent of Maria in Nordic and Frisian languages. Also Maja is Swedish form of Margit. Maja is also Frisian and Swedish equivalent of Marit. Maja is also Frisian and Swedish form of Marina. Maja means Midwife, Rebelliousness Wished for Child and Princess of the Sea is of Hebrew, Indian and Greek origin.
How do I pronounce Mai?
The one syllabled name Mai is pronounced, mai.
Variants of Mai
Mary, May, Maria, Mariam, Mariamne, Mirjam, Maaria, Marielle, Mara, Marea, Adamary, Marigrace, Mae, Maya, Maylyn, Maj, Majid, Maja, MajenNames that rhyme with Mai
How popular is the name Mai?
A common name in United States with over 5326 new-borns have been given the name since 1880. Currently the name is rising, in 1880, the moniker grabbed the 738th spot and 253 baby girls were given the name. Mai is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 900 names. In 2008, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 845 on girl names chart when 39 babies were named Mai. Over 477 people have been named Mai in England and Wales. Also, in France, it has been in use since 1976 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. In 2009, it ranked 1033rd when 42 girls were named Mai. There are over 628 babies that have been given the name Mai in France.
However things change on global perspective, Mai is extremely popular in Vietnam where every 1 in 200 have the name as well as in Egypt. Also the baby name is popular in Sudan, Laos, Pakistan, Nigeria, Myanmar, Japan, Saudi Arabia, Indonesia, Iraq, Thailand, Jordan, Lebanon, India, Niger, United Arab Emirates, Senegal, Hong Kong, Palestine and Gambia. As per our research, over 1510000 babies have been bestowed Mai around the globe.
Mai in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Mai
Having number 1 as your soul urge no reveals your deep desire to prove yourself to other people and acquire their acceptance. Understand that you can't help a person who doesn't know they have a problem. You are probably an artist, or a writer, or something else associated with creativity. You are prone to nervous breakdowns but recover fast. Sometimes, your intuition is the reason why you made so mistakes in your life.
Looking for names similar to Mai? Please go through the following names
- Alexandrea - Of Old Greek origin, Renowned Alexandrea is a baby girl name, Alexandrea means "Female Version of Alexander, Defender of Mankind or He Who Wards Off (Other) Men" is used in English
- Mirtel - Baby girl name Mirtel is commonly used in Estonian and Swedish, Mirtel means "Myrtos" is of English and Old Greek origin
- Elidi - Unconventional and Fresh girl name Elidi is rooted from Old Greek, Elidi means "Gift of the Sun"
- Aretha means Virtue or Best used for girls is of Old Greek origin is used particulary in English and Finnish
- Macaria - Origin of Unwonted Macaria is in Old Greek, meaning of Macaria is "Blessed" which is used prevalently in Spanish is a girl name
Famous people named Mai
- Mai Cheng, Norwegian painter
- Mai Takahashi, ', Yoshihiro Nakamura's 'Busu'
- Mai Dantsig, Belarusian artist active during the Soviet era and independence of Belarus
- Mai Sekiguchi, Japanese actress
- Mai Ginge Jensen, Danish ten-pin bowler
- Mai Goto, Japanese voice actress from Obihiro, Hokkaido
- Mai Jones, Welsh songwriter, entertainer and radio producer
- Mai Zetterling, Swedish actress and film director
- Mai Kuraki, Japanese pop and R&B singer-songwriter and producer
- Mai Nakahara, |-
- Mai Masri, U.S.-educated Palestinian filmmaker
- Mai Aizawa,
- Mai Shanley, former beauty queen
- Mai Selim, Jordanian singer and actress
- Mai Neng Moua, Hmong-American writer and a founder of the 'Paj Ntaub Voice'
- Mai, musical artist
- Mai Hoshimura, Japanese pop singer-songwriter and pianist
- Mai Kadowaki, Japanese voice actress and singer from Tokyo
- Mai Yamane, Mai Yamane has also performed at the NGO Global Village during Expo 2005
- Mai Meneses, Spanish singer and songwriter and leader of the Spanish pop band Nena Daconte
- Mai Satoda,
- Mai Yamani, independent scholar, author and anthropologist
- Mai Chen, New Zealand constitutional and administrative law expert
- Mai Bhago, Sikh woman
- Mai Gotō, Japanese actress and gravure idol
- Mai Sukhan, widow of late 18th and early 19th century Sikh leader Sardar Gulab Singh Bhangi
- Mai Asada, figure skater
- Mai Nakamura, former backstroke swimmer from Japan
- Mai Tai, Dutch group that was
- Mai Ghoussoub, Lebanese writer, artist
- Mai Mizuhashi, Mizuhashi began her career as a member of the music group Harajuku BJ Girls
- Mai Hagiwara, s final concert at Nakano Sun Plaza on May 4, 2009
- Mai Charoenpura, Thai singer and actress
- Mai Shaoyan, female Chinese field hockey player
- Mai Hữu Xuân, general of the Army of the Republic of Vietnam and a participant in the November 1963 coup that deposed President Ngô Đình Diệm and ended
- Maike Billitis in The Hot Potato as Actress
- Maida Belove in Hometown U.S.A. as Actress
- Maia Javan in House of Sand and Fog as Production Designer
- Actor Mai Dey, known for movie The Beautiful, the Bloody, and the Bare
- In 1995, Mai Le Ho characterized the role of N in drama flick A Tale of Love.
- In 1999, Mai Horlemann characterized the role of Karla in documentary movie Das Motiv eines Sommers.
- In 1988, Mai Hayami characterized the role of N in flick Double E-cup: Kanjuku.
- Mai Inoue characterized the central character of Yuka Shinohara in 1983 comedy, romance film Pink cut: Futoku aishite fukaku aishite.
- In 1982, Mai Hana played the role of Misuzu In movie Nure hada irezumi o shibaru.
- In 2019 comedy, romance movie, Chi tro ly cua anh, Mai Tai Phen portrayed Phuc Nam.
- In 1998 adventure, sci-fi flick, Ultraman Tiga & Ultraman Daina & Ultraman Gaia: Chô jikû no daikessen, Mai Saito characterized Risa.
- Mai Linh, from 2020 drama and mystery movie The Uprising, who portrayed the Ms. Williams.
- Mai Roppongi, from 1986 film Gen'eki Joshidaisei: Kahanshin Focus, who characterized the N.
- In 1996 film, Kairaku saleslady: Karada mo katte, Mai Kawana characterized N.
- Mai Shimizu played significant role of N in 1989 film Stalking bôkôma.
- In 1959, Mai Bhide characterized the role of Krishna Jadhav in drama flick Saata Janmachi Sobti.
- In 2012 comedy flick, Futome no kuni no Arisu, Mai Fukuda characterized N.
Lists having Mai
- Boys names beginning with M
- Girls names beginning with M
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Japanese Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Girl names that starts with Mai