Marija meaning and origin
Outlandish Marija has its origin in Hebrew, Marija means "Bitter, Bitterness or Princess of the Sea" used for baby girls is used in Slavic, Slovenian, Danish, Arabic, Finnish, Norwegian, Russian and Swedish. Marija is variant of perpetual and acclaimed Maria. Maria is derivative of Mary. Maria is equivalent of Mirjam in Greek and Latin languages. Also Maria is form of Mirjam in Greek and Latin languages. Rare Maria's origin is Hebrew, meaning of Maria is "Beautiful, Bitter and The Word Mirjam with the Meaning Bitterness". Marija is version of biblical and long standing Mary. Mary is English cognate of Maria. Also Mary is equivalent of Maria in English language. Anomalous Egyptian and Hebrew Mary, meaning of Mary is "Princess of the Sea, Wished-for Child and Mother of Jesus Christ".. Marija is celebrated on August 15.
Variants of MarijaNames that rhyme with Marija
Popularity of Marija
Marija is an uncommon baby name in United States, even after 51 years of use, it could not make it big. Over 488 babies in United States have been named Marija. In England and Wales, it has been in use since 2000 and peaked in 2013 when it ranked 2176th. It also recently appeared in Ireland baby girl names chart. Also, it is among the top 2000 girl names in France. However things change on global perspective, Marija is extremely popular in Croatia where every 1 in 50 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Slovenia, Serbia, Latvia, Lithuania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, North Macedonia and Germany. As per our evaluation, over 350000 people has been named Marija globally.
Marija in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Marija?
You like disconnecting from the world and reconnecting with your soul. Work on your self-confidence and find your own purpose. You keep your promises and people trust you for that. You are an adventurer who follows his intuition. You know what they say, life happens while you are too busy making plans. It's so hard to find someone who fights for true values and doesn't pretend to be something he's not.
Other names liked by soon-to-be-parents that are similar to Marija
- Seeta - Outlandish Seeta specifically is used in Hindi, Arabic and English is a baby girl name, meaning of Seeta is "Lord Ram's Wife"
- Farahan - The unisex name Farahan means "Cheerfully or Gladly" is particulary used in Arabic, Hindi and Marathi
- Shadan - Meaning of Shadan is A Young Gazelle, Joyful or Cheerful is used as a unisex name is dominantly used in Arabic and Sindhi
- Gulika - The girl name Gulika means "Ball, A Pearl or Anything Round" is mainly used in Marathi and Gujarati
- Qutaylah means Daughter of Sayfi Al-ansari, She was a Companion or Companion of Prophet Muhammad is used in Sindhi and Arabic is used as a baby girl name
Namesakes of Marija
- Marija Petković, founder of the Catholic Congregation of the Daughters of Mercy
- Marija Jurić Zagorka, Croatian journalist and writer
- Marija Obrenović, Moldavian and Romanian boyaress
- Marija Gimbutas, Lithuanian-American archaeologist and anthropologist
- Marija Bursać, member of the Yugoslav Partisans during World War II
- Marija Vujović, Montenegrin model
- Marija Šestak, Slovenian triple jumper of Serbian descent
- Marija Šestić, Bosnian singer and musician
- Marija Šerifović, Serbian singer
- Marija Nikolova, Macedonian musician
- Marija Gluvakov, Serbian pianist and piano teacher
- Marija Karan, Serbian actress
- Marija Bergam in Klopka as Actress
- Marija Miletic Dail in Inch High, Private Eye as Animation Department
- Marija Jaksic in Mala nocna muzika as Actress
- Marija Kohn in Na putu as Actress
- Marija Vickovic in Pogled sa Ajfelovog tornja as Actress
- Marijana Micic in Super heroji sa ostrva snova as Actress
- Marija Dakic in The November Man as Actress
- Marija Tocinoski in Diario di una schizofrenica as Actress
- Actor Marija Atanasovska, famous for movie Across the Lake
- In 1953, Marija Crnobori played the role of Jela Ledinic in drama, romance movie Nevjera.
- In 1919, Marija Leiko played the role of N in drama, romance movie Freie Liebe.
- Marija Vasiljevic, from 1984 drama flick Lazar, who portrayed the N.
- Marija Skaricic characterized central role of Mare in 2010 drama film Majka asfalta.
- Marija Boldireva, from 1917 drama movie Korol Parizha, who played the Juliette.
Lists having Marija
- Biblical Girl Names
- Girl names beginning with M
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Hebrew Girl Names
- Arabic Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Russian Girl Names
- Slavic Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Mari
- Baby Names that mean Bitter
- Baby Names that mean Bitterness
- Baby Names that mean Princess
- Baby Names that mean Sea