Maja name meaning
What does Maja mean?
Used in Scandinavian, Faroese, Norwegian, Danish, Finnish, Slavic, Greenlandic, Polish, Arabic, Swedish, German and Icelandic darling, Maja is used as a girl name, Maja means "Sea of Bitterness, Rebelliousness Wished for Child, Great Mother, Great, Midwife, Princess of the Sea, Magic Power or Inspired By the Goddess Maya" came from Indian, Sanskrit, Arabic, Greek, Latin and Hebrew. Maja is variant of frequently used and fashinable in vogue Maya. Maya is variant form of famed Maja. Also Maya is variation of biblical and admired May. Maya is resultant of Marie. Maya's meaning is Princess of the Sea and To Increase has its origin in Sanskrit and Latin. Maja is derivation of Marie. Marie is version of biblical, in demand skyrocketing and prevailing Maria. Marie is form of Mary in French, Czech and German languages. Also Marie is Norwegian and Danish form of Maria. Of Hebrew origin, Cherished Marie, Marie means "Wished-for Child and Beloved". Maja is a shortened form of Mary. Mary is form of Maria in English language. Also Mary is English cognate of Maria. Mary means Bitter, Wished-for Child and Beloved has origin in Hebrew and Egyptian. Maja is short version of Maria. Maria is resulted from Mary. Maria is Greek and Latin form of Mirjam. Also Maria is Latin and Greek equivalent of Mirjam. Famous Maria is originated from Hebrew, Maria means "Bitter and Mary".. Also Maja is form of Margit in Swedish language. Also Maja is form of Marit in Frisian and Swedish languages. Also Maja is form of Marina in Frisian and Swedish languages. Maja is celebrated on on August 15th.
How do I pronounce Maja?
Two syllabled Maja is most commonly pronounced as m(a)-ja.
Variants of Maja
Maha, Maya, May, Maaja, Sumaya, Mayarose, Maje, Majid, Maria, Margit, Marit, Marina, Mariam, Mariamne, Mirjam, Maarja, Maraike, Mara, Angelamaria, Maite, Marghit, Margrit, Margita, Martha, Margrét, Karit, Mareen, Marinette, Marine, MarinaleeNames that rhyme with Maja
How popular is the name Maja?
Maja is a popular name in Denmark given to over 9351 babies in 25 years. When at its peak in 2006, 575 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 11st position. Moreover, the name has been to the top 50 baby names 25 times Also, a popular name in Sweden with over 5072 new-borns have been given the name since 1998. When at the peak of its usage in 2006, the moniker grabbed the 1st spot and 1019 baby girls were given the name. Additionally, the given name has been in the top 5 baby names 1 times
Maja was a common name in England and Wales. Over 4387 babies have been named Maja since 1996. At its zenith in 2011,. However after 23 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong. Also, A common name in Ireland having over 777 recievers in 10 years of usage. Presently the moniker is on a rise, in 2009, the moniker grabbed the 54th spot and 133 baby girls were given the name. Also, Maja used to be a common name in Netherlands, first appeared in 2015 and over 435 babies have been given the name in 5 years. When at its peak in 2015,. After 5 years, the name has past its prime.
Maja is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1953 and was able to reach the top 3000 names. In 2011, it ranked 2291st when 84 girl were named Maja. There are over 1745 babies that have been given the name Maja in United States. Maja is a unique baby name in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 200 names. In 2013, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 166 on girl names chart when 48 babies were named Maja. Over 633 babies in Switzerland have been named Maja. Also, in Belgium, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 300 names. In 2010, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 277 on girl names chart when 39 babies were named Maja. Over 420 people have been named Maja in Belgium.
Maja is an uncommon baby name in France, even after 28 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 2000. Over 220 babies in France have been named Maja. But Maja is a popular baby name in Poland where every 1 in 700 have the name as well as in, Croatia, Slovenia, Germany and Serbia. At least, 160000 people globally have been given the name as per our research.
Maja in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Maja?
You are a freethinker. You have a sharp focus and nothing slips your eye. You don't have a lot of friends because of it. You are often taken as crazy because of your fearlessness and courageous acts you take to achieve your aspirations. You are a wise person. You try to teach others to follow your example and work hard on their dreams but they ignore you, thinking you are losing time. People often mistake you for a fool but you always find an indirect way to prove them wrong.
If you like Maja, you would love these names
- Hayati - Meaning of Hayati is To Desire or Vital is specifically used in Gujarati, Bengali and Marathi is used as a girl name
- Aarzoo means Hope or Love used for both sexes is especially used in Arabic, Kannada and Hindi
- Barlin means Princesses used for girls is especially used in Gujarati and Kannada
- Afshin means Decorated with Sparkles or Shining Star is notably used in Arabic and Arabic is aimed at both sexes
- Yaminah - Offbeat unisex name Yaminah means "Suitable or Right or Proper" is especially used in Arabic and Sindhi
Famous people named Maja
- Maja Kersnik, badminton player from Slovenia
- Maja Marijana, Serbian pop-folk singer and TV presenter
- Maja Lidia Kossakowska, Polish fantasy writer, archeologist and journalist
- Maja Tatić, (born 1970 in Belgrade, SFR Yugoslavia
- Maja Gojković, Serbian politician and current President of the National Assembly of Serbia
- Maja Blagdan, Croatian pop singer
- Maja Ratkje, Norwegian vocalist and composer
- Maja Hill, Macedonian artist
- Maja Nekić, Croatian actress
- Maja Bogdanović, Paris-based cellist
- Maja Matevžič, former professional WTA tennis player
- Maja Latinović, Serbian model
- Maja Ivarsson, Swedish singer and lead vocalist of the Swedish indie rock band The Sounds
- Maja Salvador, Filipina actress, dancer, singer, model
- Maja Stojanovic in Necista krv as Actress
- Maja Noveljic-Romcevic in Paradoks as Actress
- Maja Miletich in Freshman Year as Actress
- Maja Beckmann in Die Österreichische Methode as Actress
- Maja Weiss in Varuh meje as Director
- Maja Kin in Snabba cash - Livet deluxe as Actress
- Maja Rung in Andra Avenyn Castingen as Actress
- Maja Muhlack in Definitely Dead as Actress
- Maja Barelkowska is renowned for her acting in movie Porno
- Maja Delak portrayed the leading character of The Soul in 2009 drama, fantasy film For the End of Time.
- Maja Jerlström characterized the leading character of Agnes in 1924 drama movie Löjen och tårar.
- Maja Mandzuka played the vital character of Smiljana in 2005 comedy and drama movie Zvezde ljubavi.
- In 1998 drama movie, Przystan, Maja Ostaszewska portrayed Karolina.
- In 1987 comedy, drama film, Zivela svoboda!, Maja Sever portrayed Majda.
- In 1968, Maja Wodecka portrayed the role of Ania in drama flick Dancing w kwaterze Hitlera.
- Maja Odzaklijevska, from 1982 flick Juzna pateka, who characterized the Ana.
- Maja Bjerre-Lind, from 1913 film Hans og Grethe, who played the N.
- Maja Stankovska characterized central character of Isak Keyten in 2004 drama, war flick Golemata voda.
- Maja Kovac, from 2017 comedy movie Lavina, who portrayed Sudska tajnica.
- Maja Sering, from 1920 film Gefesselt, who portrayed N.
- In 2007, Maja Dezman portrayed the role of Manekenka in comedy and drama movie Instalacija ljubezni.
- Maja Martina Merljak played crucial character of Jasna in 2008 crime, thriller film Pokrajina St.2.
Lists having Maja
- Girl names beginning with M
- Arabic Girl Names
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Greek Girl Names
- Hebrew Girl Names
- Indian Girl Names
- Sanskrit Girl Names
- Latin Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- German Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Polish Girl Names
- Slavic Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (2015)
- Popular Girl Names in Denmark (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Sweden (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Norway (2019)
- Baby Names that mean Sea
- Baby Names that mean Bitterness
- Baby Names that mean Rebelliousness
- Baby Names that mean Wished
- Baby Names that mean Child
- Baby Names that mean Nurse
- Baby Names that mean Great
- Baby Names that mean Mother
- Baby Names that mean Midwife
- Baby Names that mean Princess
- Baby Names that mean Power
- Baby Names that mean Goddess