Alia name meaning
What does Alia mean?
Customary Alia came from Arabic, Latin, Arab, Hebrew and Germanic is used prevalently in Sanskrit, Arabic, Norwegian, Russian, Gujarati, Finnish, Swedish, Danish and Kannada, a gender insensitive name, meaning of Alia is "Forehead, Exalted, Highest Social Standing, All, Lofty, Sublime, To Move Forward, Robust, Illustrious, Noble, Protector, Other, Another, Sky, Heaven, Loftiness, Excellent, Tall or Towering". Alia is variant form of everlasting and illustrous Ella. Ella is a variant form of celebrated and evergreen Helena. Also Ella is variation of Any Name Beginning with El-. Ella is also variation of Any Name Beginning with Edel-. Ella is also variation of Any Name Beginning with Eil-. Ella is also variation of Any Name Ending with -Ela Or -Ella. Ella is also version of -Ele Or -Elle. Ella is derivative of Alja. Ella is diminutive of Emmanuellanames ending in "ella". Also Ella is diminutive of Elizabeth. Ella is also short form of Cinderella. Trendy Old Provençal, Italian and Germanic Ella, meaning of Ella is "The Name of a Fairy-tale Heroine and Complete". Alia is a variant form of popular Aleah. Aleah is form of Aliyah in English language. Meaning of Aleah is To Go Up and The Ascent came from Hebrew is specifically used in Arabic and English. Alia is form of dominant Alya. Alya is version of pleasing Aliyah. Alya's meaning is Loftiness and Lofty is chiefly used in Arabic and Russian is originated from Old Greek, Germanic and Hebrew. Alia is variant of popular and enduring Alice. Alice is shortened form of Adelheid. Alice is English and French cognate of Aliz. Originated from Germanic and Old High German, Trendy Alice, Alice means "Of a Noble Kind and Nobility". Alia is a short version of Alexandra. Alexandra is an effeminate version of Alexander. Of Old Greek origin, Popular Alexandra, Alexandra means "Protector of Man and To Defend".
How is Alia regarded as a baby name?
Alia is an increasingly popular name for baby girls, especially in the United States. It is a modern name that has origins in multiple cultures, making it attractive to parents from all backgrounds. Alia is also seen as a strong and independent name, in part due to its association with famous actresses Alia Bhatt and Alia Shawkat. The meaning behind this name varies depending on the culture, but it typically means "exalted" or "supreme" which makes it a fitting option for a new baby. Parents are drawn to its unique sound and versatility, as it can be used in many different languages. All things considered, Alia has become one of the most sought-after baby names over the last few years.
How do I pronounce Alia?
The most common pronunciation of one syllabled Alia is AH-lee-uh;. There should be emphasis on first AH syllable while speaking. a-lia is another way(s) to say the name.
Variants of Alia
Ailia, Aleah, Alice, Alya, Ella, Aliyah, Aileah, Adalheidis, Adaliz, Adelais, Aliz, Adelice, Lisa, Aleka, Alycia, Alicemarie, Aalya, Helena, Elli, Ellagrace, Alianna, AlinaNames that rhyme with Alia
How popular is the name Alia?
In United States, Alia was once a common name since emerging in 1915 it has been given to over 10341 babies. When at the peak of its usage in 2015,. However after 62 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still in a strong position. Also, Alia is common in France where over 3318 new-borns have been given the name since 1929. At present peaking at the charts, 338 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 188th position.
Alia is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 500 names. Recently in 2016, 92 babies were given Alia and it reached its peak ranking, 475 on girl names chart. Over 1113 people have been named Alia in England and Wales. In Switzerland, Alia is a unique name where it has been in use since 1998 and has secured the place in top 300 names. In 2013, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 258 on girl names chart when 30 babies were named Alia. There are over 292 babies that have been given the name Alia in Switzerland. Also, in Belgium, the name has been in use since 1998 and has secured the place in top 400 names. Recently in 2018, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 313 on girl names chart when 33 babies were named Alia. Over 246 people have been named Alia in Belgium.
But Alia is a popular baby name in Pakistan where every 1 in 3000 have the name as well as in, Iraq, Egypt, United Arab Emirates, Kazakhstan, Oman, Sudan, Syria, Jordan, Russia, Bangladesh, Lebanon, Libya, Indonesia, Uzbekistan, Algeria, Tunisia, Saudi Arabia and India. According to our estimate, at least 480000 people have been bestowed Alia around the globe.
Alia in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Alia
You prefer to follow your intuition rather than follow rules and suggestions. You want an extraordinary life. And by focusing on something other than material will get you one. As for your friends, keep it real. You are just scared to express your feelings because you secretly believe it will give people power over you. You have a clear opinion of things You try to teach others to follow your example and work hard on their dreams but they ignore you, thinking you are losing time.
Other names liked by name hunters that are similar to Alia
- Manar means Guiding Light (Lighthouse) or Light Source used for both sexes has its origin in Arabic is used mainly in Arabic, Swedish and Norwegian
- Champa - Unisex name Champa means "A Flower or Soothing" and is notably used in Oriya and Kannada has origin in Sanskrit
- Abeera - Mostly used in Tamil and Arabic atypical and modernistic, Abeera bestowed upon baby girls, meaning of Abeera is "Strong or The Mixture of the Smell of the Petals of Rose or Sundal"
- Nouf - New-fangled and Unexpected Nouf chiefly is used in Kannada and Arabic, meaning of Nouf is "Highest Point on a Mountain" is bestowed upon baby girls
- Ashir - New-fangled and Far-out Ashir particulary is used in Arabic and Hindi, meaning of Ashir is "Living or Wealthy" is given to baby boys
Middle names for Alia
Here is a list of trending and familiar middle names that go with the baby name Alia.
View more middle names that goes with Alia.
Sibling Names for Alia
If you're looking for sibling names to pair with the name Alia, we've got you covered. Finding the perfect name that complements Alia can be tricky, but we have compiled a list of names that could make great combinations. From classic to modern, here are some great sibling names for your baby girl, Alia.
Sister for Alia
Names for Alia's brother
Famous people named Alia
- Alia Mamdouh, Iraqi novelist
- Alia Sabur, American materials scientist
- Alia Shawkat, American actress and artist
- Alia Al-Hussein, was Queen of Jordan and the third wife of King Hussein
- Alia Ouabdelsselam, French former competitive ice dancer
- Alia Domino in Girlfriend Experience as Actress
- Alia Malley in short The Awakening as Composer
- In 2014 crime and drama film, Highway, Alia Bhatt played Veera Tripathi.
- Alia Lorae characterized the key character of Tara in 2013 action, horror flick B.R.O.O.D..
Lists having Alia
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- Arabic Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Sanskrit Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Russian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Baby Names that mean Exalted
- Baby Names that mean Highest
- Baby Names that mean Lofty
- Baby Names that mean Sublime
- Baby Names that mean Illustrious
- Baby Names that mean Noble
- Baby Names that mean Protector
- Baby Names that mean Excellent
- Baby Names that mean Tall