Jana name meaning
What does Jana mean?
Origin of Trendy Jana is in Hebrew and Arabic languages is a unisex name mainly used in Bengali, Kannada, Hindi, English, Czech, Finnish, African, Tamil, Slavic, Norwegian, Icelandic, Sanskrit, German, Swedish, Marathi, Danish, Telugu, Gujarati, Arabic, Oriya, Malayalam and Faroese, meaning of Jana is "Man, People, Healthy Child, Yesterday, Harvest, Gift from God, Yahweh is Gracious, God is Merciful, Paradise Garden, Born Bravery or Derived from Jananam - Birth". Jana is abridged form of Juliana. Juliana is version of long standing and acclaimed Julia. Juliana is feminine variation of Julian and Julius. Also Juliana is feminine variant of Julianus. Juliana is Latin equivalent of Gölin. Meaning of Juliana is Illustrious Roman Family, Jove's Child and Youthful has its origin in Latin.. Jana is feminine version of Jan. Jan is version of biblical, conifer and outstanding Jean. Jan is abridged form of Janacek. Jan is Dutch, Swedish and Czech equivalent of Johannes. Also Jan is German, Dutch and Frisian equivalent of Jahan . Jan is also form of Names Ending with -Ian in German, Dutch and Frisian languages. Jan is also form of Johannes  in Slavic language. Widely Accepted Jan's origin is Czech and Hebrew, meaning of Jan is "Life, Sing and Supplanter". Also Jana is form of Jane in Slavic, Czech and English languages. Also Jana is Slavic, Czech and German form of Janna. Also Jana is Latvian form of Jean.
How do I pronounce Jana?
One syllabled Jana is most commonly pronounced as YAH-nahorJAN-ah with emphasis on first YAH syllable. It can also be pronounced as j(a)-na.
Variants of Jana
Jehanne, Ieuan, Johanan, Janaa, Janeta, Jani, Jan, Janalee, Johanna, Jane, Janna, Jean, Jeanne, Hansi, Jona, Joan, Asia, Jennie, Hanna, Janel, Maryjane, Janelee, Johana, Janay, Janne, John, Johannes, Gean, Ioan, Ionel, Johnna, Jennine, Donajean, Jean-ClaudeNames that rhyme with Jana
How popular is the name Jana?
Jana was among the popular names in United States. Since emerging in 1921 around 44747 babies have been given the moniker. When at the peak of its usage in 1961, the moniker grabbed the 226th spot and 1458 baby girls were given the name. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 103 years. Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 500 baby names 42 times Also, Jana is a popular in Spain where over 5947 new-borns have been given the name since 2004. At its zenith in 2007, it ranked 65th when 769 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Additionally, the first name has been in the top 100 baby names 12 times
Jana is common in France where over 2875 new-borns have been given the name since 1973. Currently peaked at the charts, the moniker grabbed the 137th spot and 448 baby girls were given the name. Also, A common name in Switzerland with over 4051 new-borns have been given the name since 1998. At the peak of its usage in 2004, the moniker grabbed the 12nd spot and 246 baby girls were given the name. Also, A common name in Belgium having over 4566 recievers in 23 years of usage. Recently the name is rising, in 1998, it ranked 14th when 378 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
Jana is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 700 names. Recently in 2018, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 657 on girl names chart when 61 babies were named Jana. Over 770 babies in England and Wales have been named Jana. The name is a unique baby name in Netherlands, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 300 names. Recently in 2017, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 271 on girl names chart when 49 babies were named Jana. There are over 159 babies that have been given the name Jana in Netherlands.
However things change on global perspective, Jana is extremely popular in Czech Republic where every 1 in 40 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Germany, Slovakia, India, Indonesia, Egypt, Canada and Nepal. At least, 630000 people globally have been given the name as per our estimate.
Jana in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Jana?
People always look for comfort in your world. Having this letter as your capstone reveals your self-consumption and self-absorption. Nothing can change your mind about something if you truly believe you are the one that's right. What fulfills your soul is your professional success. You are the most important person in your life and to you, no one else matters. You are influential and use your influence to do great things.
Other names liked by name hunters that are similar to Jana
- Ahd largely is used in Kannada and Arabic is a unisex name, meaning of Ahd is "Knowledge"
- Essam - Odd unisex name Essam is predominantly used in Arabic, Hindi and Arabic and of Arabic origin, Essam means "Safeguard"
- Mira - Origin of Cherished and Conifer Mira is in Latin, Hebrew and Old Slavic, meaning of Mira is "Desire, Protection or Wonderful", largely used in Kannada, Assamese and Slavic is used as a gender-neutral name . In 2018, famous name Mira managed to bag 465th position on list of baby girl names in United States
- Ahaan - Substantially used in Oriya, Marathi and Telugu recent and far-out, Ahaan is used as a boy name, meaning of Ahaan is "One who is of the Nature of Time Itself, Morning Glory or Dawn"
- Damian - Used majorly in Norwegian and Russian noteworthy, Damian means "Conqueror, The Element Daman Meaning to Tame to Subdue to Kill or Fertility". Its origin is in Old Greek is aimed at both boys and girls
Middle names for Jana
Here are some rising and admired middle names we think go great with Jana, we've got you covered with these rising and admired middle names.
View more middle names that goes with Jana.
Famous people named Jana
- Jana Sterbak, Canadian artist best
- Jana Tichá, Czech astronomer and discoverer of minor planets
- Jana Salat, Canadian water polo player
- Jana Černá, daughter of the journalist Milena Jesenská and Jaromír Krejcar
- Jana Bennett, OBE is President and General Manager of History and H2 at A+E Networks
- Jana Bellin, British, formerly Czechoslovak chess player
- Jana Toepel, former field hockey midfielder
- Jana Schneider, American actress and photojournalist
- Jana Krishnamurthi, Indian political leader
- Jana Vápeníková, former Czech biathlete
- Jana Lauren, retired German discus thrower
- Jana Šaldová, Czech cross country skier
- Jana Bode, German luger
- Jana Kuťková, former Czechoslovak/Slovak handball player
- Jana Carpenter, American actress
- Jana Novotná, professional tennis player from the Czech Republic
- Jana Wendt, Australian Gold Logie award-winning television journalist
- Jana Hybášková, Czech and European politician and diplomat
- Jana Bobošíková, Czech politician
- Jana Hunter, Baltimore-based songwriter and musician
- Jana Bieger, American former gymnast of German descent
- Jana Pallaske, German actress and singer for the rock band
- Jana Mashonee, American singer, songwriter, actress
- Jana Pittman, Australian athlete
- Jana Marie Hupp, American actress
- Jana Henke, former freestyle swimmer from Germany,
- Jana Komrsková, artistic gymnast from the Czech Republic
- Jana Khokhlova, Russian former competitive ice dancer
- Jana Kirschner, Slovak singer
- Jana McCall, American singer-songwriter and visual artist
- Jana Kandarr, German former professional tennis player
- Jana Thompson, American actress
- Jana Szabela in The Creeping as Actress
- Janaya Pender in The Matrix as Actress
- Jana Edelbaum in Great Expectations as Producer
- Jana Andresíková in movie Krehk� vztahy as Actress
- In 1976 action and crime flick, Black Heat, Jana Bellan portrayed Terry.
- In 2006 comedy, drama film, Kráska v nesnázích, Jana Brejchová portrayed Zdena.
- In 1980 crime and drama movie, Temné slunce, Jana Brezková characterized Terrorist.
- In 2000 comedy movie, Lone Star Struck, Jana Lee Brockman characterized Edna.
- In 1989, Jana Riháková played the role of Jana - Women for everyone in sci-fi film Masseba.
- In 1997 drama movie, Cesta pustým lesem, Jana Gabrizová portrayed Kokesch's bride.
- In 1972 drama movie, Návraty, Jana Gýrová portrayed zdravotní sestra Tereza.
- Jana Houkalová, from 1965 comedy, musical flick Lov na mamuta, who played Dívka.
- Jana Hubinská, from 2002 comedy, drama movie Devcátko, who played the Ema's mother.
- In 2000 comedy film, Sluha dvou pánu, Jana Janeková portrayed Clarice, his daughter.
- Jana Karaivanova portrayed the central character of The Woman in 2015 drama flick Family Relics.
- Jana Kolesárová, from 2007 drama and horror film Blur, who portrayed the Isis.
- In 1989 drama, romance flick, Príbeh '88, Jana Krausová characterized Anna Valentová.
- Jana Krupicková, from 1970 drama flick Adelheid, who portrayed the Girl.
- Jana Mircheva, from 1978 drama flick Trampa, who characterized the Katya.
- Jana Spanurová, from 1991 drama film Vracenky, who played the Vlasta, maminka Honzíka a Petrusky.
- In 1969, Jana Stehnová characterized the role of Zina in comedy and crime flick Spalovac mrtvol.
- Jana Synková portrayed key character of Photographer Helena in 1971 comedy and drama flick Takze ahoj.
- Jana Thies, from 2001 drama movie Stiller Sturm, who played Anne.
- Jana Vanková, from 1965 flick Tempo první lásky, who played the Karla.
- Jana Kasanová played leading role of Bétka Simonová in 1961 film Vzdy mozno zacat.
- In 1996, Jana Provazníková played the role of Bupak in crime film Film Petra.
- Jana Raluy portrayed central character of Sonia Bonet Castrejón in 2015 drama, thriller flick Un monstruo de mil cabezas.
- In 2006 thriller film, The Survivor, Jana Williams portrayed Nichole Weller.
- Jana Hlavácková played the leading role of Kalasová - Frantisek's mother in 1975 drama, war film Sirius.
- In 2017, Jana Plodková characterized the role of Hedvika in drama film Absence blízkosti.
- In 2021 comedy movie, Hawk and Rev: Vampire Slayers, Jana Savage played Theo.
- Jana Gazdíková characterized the small character of Teacher in 1982 family, sport film Malý velký hokejista.
Lists having Jana
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with J
- Girls names beginning with J
- Arabic Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- African Baby Names
- Czech Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Sanskrit Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Slavic Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Popular Girl Names in Switzerland (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Belgium (2015)
- Baby Names that mean Man
- Baby Names that mean People
- Baby Names that mean Healthy
- Baby Names that mean Child
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Gift
- Baby Names that mean Lord
- Baby Names that mean Gracious
- Baby Names that mean Merciful
- Baby Names that mean Yahweh
- Baby Names that mean Paradise
- Baby Names that mean Garden
- Baby Names that mean Bravery
- Baby Names that mean Birth