Milan name meaning
On This Page
What does Milan mean?
Illustrous and Venerable unisex name Milan is of Old Slavic, Czech, Latin and Slavonic origin used mainly in Bengali, Malayalam, Finnish, English, Swedish, Hindi, Kannada, Faroese, Oriya, Norwegian, Gujarati, Telugu, Tamil, Danish, Marathi and Greenlandic languages, meaning of Milan is "Union, Gracious, Dear, Glory, Favour, Grace, Eager, Rival, Meeting, Emulum, Love, Expensive or Loving".
Milan is variation of darling Milana. Milana is effeminate form of Milan. Milana is Slavic cognate of Milan. Milana means Dear, Love and Gracious came from Old Slavic and Slavonic. Milan is resultant of Emilien.
Lofty and Perpetual Emilien came from Latin language, meaning of Emilien is "Emulum and Industrious". Milan is diminutive of Miloslaw. Miloslaw is variant form of Miloslav. Meaning of Miloslaw is Loving and Fame has origin in Old Slavic and Slavonic is particulary used in Polish.
Milan is form of Slavic Names Containing the Name Element Mil in Slavic language. It is celebrated on November 12th.
What's Milan like for a baby name?
Milan is a beautiful and modern name for a baby. It is derived from the Latin word 'miles' which means soldier or merciful. It has Italian origin (a city in northern Italy, Milan) and is also a European-inspired unisex name that conveys strength, power, and grace.
It has an energetic feel to it, making it perfect for any parent looking to give their baby a unique and stylish name. Its meaning can be interpreted in several different ways, such as "eager" or "daring" - both excellent qualities to instill in your little one.
As a result, Milan is an excellent choice if you are looking for something that isn't too common but still stands out from the crowd!
How do I pronounce Milan?
Two syllabled Milan is pronounced as m(i)-lan.
Variants of MilanNames that rhyme with Milan
How popular is the name Milan?
Milan is a popular in United States where over 17440 new-borns have been given the name since 1885. At the peak of its usage in 2014, the moniker grabbed the 412nd spot and 750 baby boys were given the name.
Additionally, the given name has been in the top 500 baby names 5 times Also, Milan was a popular name in France. Over 9386 babies have been given the first name in 79 years.
When at the peak of its usage in 2016, it ranked 78th when 846 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. However after 79 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still going strong on charts.
Additionally, the first name has been in the top 100 baby names 3 times Also, Milan was a popular name in Netherlands. Over 2975 babies have been given the given name in 5 years.
At its zenith in 2015, it ranked 6th when 663 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. However after 5 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still performing better than most of the names.
Moreover, the given name has been to the top 10 baby names 5 times Also, a popular name in Belgium with over 5850 new-borns have been given the name since 1995.
When at its peak in 2004, the moniker grabbed the 4th spot and 514 baby boys were given the name. Additionally, the given name has been in the top 5 baby names 1 times
In England and Wales, Milan was once a common name since emerging in 1996 it has been given to over 2321 babies.
When at the peak of its usage in 2014,. However after 46 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong. Milan is a familiar baby name in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 200 names.
Recently in 2016, 60 babies were given Milan and it reached its peak ranking, 154 on boy names chart. Over 570 people have been named Milan in Switzerland.
Milan is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, its highest ever rank is 259 (2014) in its 17 years run on Ireland naming chart.
Over 136 people have been named Milan in Ireland. However things change on global perspective, Milan is extremely popular in India where every 1 in 7000 have the name as well as in Czech Republic.
Also the baby name is popular in Serbia, Slovakia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Nepal, Slovenia, Bangladesh, North Macedonia, Sri Lanka and Montenegro. According to our findings, over 630000 babies have been named Milan globally.
Milan in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Milan?
Your personal growth depends on your adventures. People who know you describe you as driven and ambitious. You attract wealth and successful people with your charisma. You don't depend on anyone's understanding and support. Back in time, you were too focused on your career until you realized there's something more important to live for. Learn to be strong and perceptive. You don't believe in rules and restrictions.
Do you like Milan? Read these names too
- Duce - Origin of Unexpected and Contemporary Duce is in Latin is largely used in English and is given to both boys and girls, meaning of Duce is "Leader"
- Aqua - Odd girl name Aqua has its origin in Latin, Aqua means "Water"
- Pierrotte is originated from Latin, Pierrotte means "Rock or Rock"
- Rómeó - Rómeó's meaning is Pilgrim to Rome has its origin in Latin used particulary in Swedish and Icelandic is bestowed upon baby boys
- Romania - Unwonted Romania came from Latin is a baby girl name, meaning of Romania is "Roman"
Famous people named Milan
- Milan Vidmar, Slovene electrical engineer, chess Grandmaster, chess theorist
- Milan Vukcevich, Yugoslav-American scientist
- Milan Milutinović, Serbian politician
- Milan Kučan, Slovenian politician
- Milan Antal, Slovak astronomer
- Milan Stojadinović, Serbian and Yugoslav political figure and a noted economist
- Milan Budimir, most distinguished Serbian classical scholar
- Milan Cabrnoch, Czech physician and politician
- Milan Gaľa, Slovak politician and Member of the Parliament with the Slovenská demokraticka a krestanska unia
- Milan Damnjanović, Serbian philosopher
- Milan Hodža, prominent Slovak politician and journalist
- Milan Nedić, Serbian general and politician
- Milan Blažeković, Croatian animator
- Milan Begović, Croatian writer, born in Vrlika
- Milan Panić, Serbian American former Prime Minister of Yugoslavia
- Milan Rakić, Serbian poet
- Milan Uhde, Czech playwright and politician
- Milan Zloković, Serbian architect
- Milan Milišić, Yugoslavian poet and playwright
- Milan Jovanović, was one of the most influential Serbian photographers of his generation
- Milan Chvostek, producer/director at the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
- Milan Horvat, Croatian conductor
- Milan Kurepa, renowned Serbian atomic physicist
- Milan Williams, American keyboardist and a founding member of The Commodores
- Milan Gombala, retired Czech long jumper
- Milan Neralić, Croatian fencer
- Milan Munclinger, significant Czech flautist, conductor
- Milan Haborák, Slovak former shot putter
- Milan the Leather Boy, American record producer
- Milan Jelić, Bosnian Serb politician
- Milan Kovačević, President of the Executive Committee of the Municipal Assembly of Prijedor
- Milan Trenc, Croatian illustrator, film director and novelist
- Milan Mikuláš, retired triple jumper
- Milan Rai, British writer and anti-war activist from Hastings
- Milan Smrčka, Czech singer, guitarist and poet
- Milan Sáblík, Czech speedskater and the younger brother of Martina Sáblíková
- Milan Damnjanović, full professor specialising
- Milan Rajlić, Bosnian-Herzegovinian footballer
- Milan Vuitch, Dr
- Milan Šperl, Czech cross country skier
- Milan Kučera, former Czech nordic combined skier
- Milan Kolibiar, Slovak mathematician
- Milan Ćopić, Croatian communist
- Milan Nakonečný, is Czech psychologist and historian
- Milan Kymlicka, Czechoslovak and Canadian arranger
- Milan Gvero, retired Bosnian Serb Army general sentenced to five years
- Milan Lazarević, Yugoslav handball player
- Milan Hlavsa, founder, chief songwriter
- Milan Rastislav Štefánik, Slovak politician, diplomat, aviator, Freemason
- Milan Kangrga, Croatian and Yugoslav philosopher
- Milan Kundera, Czech-born French writer
- Milan Šufflay, Milan pl
Lists having Milan
- Boys names beginning with M
- Girls names beginning with M
- Czech Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Slavic Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Popular Boy Names in France (2015)
- Popular Boy Names in Netherlands (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Belgium (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Gracious
- Baby Names that mean Dear
- Baby Names that mean Glory
- Baby Names that mean Favour
- Baby Names that mean Grace
- Baby Names that mean Eager
- Baby Names that mean Rival
- Baby Names that mean Love
- Baby Names that mean Expensive
- Baby Names that mean Loving