Emilia name meaning
On This Page
What does Emilia mean?
Unfading and Admired Emilia is used largely in Italian, Swedish, Greenlandic, Danish, Scandinavian, Norwegian, German, Finnish, Spanish and Faroese, Emilia means "Imitating or Rivaling" and a gender insensitive name is of Latin origin.
Emilia is effeminate variation of Emilius. Emilius is Nordic form of Aemilius. The name is celebrated on September 19th.
How is Emilia seen as a baby name?
Emilia is a popular baby girl name that has been used for centuries. Its Latin origin gives it a classic feel that is both timeless and enduring.
The meaning of the name, which is rival, suggests a strong-willed and competitive nature. This may be why Emilia is often associated with powerful women who are determined to succeed in their careers or personal lives.
Despite this fierce persona, Emilia also has a soft and feminine side that makes it an ideal choice for parents who want to give their daughter a name that reflects both strength and grace.
Overall, Emilia continues to be seen as a captivating and beloved baby girl name by many parents around the world.
How do I pronounce Emilia?
You can pronounce the three syllabled name Emilia as eh-mill-e-ah. The name can also be pronounced as em-ee-lee-ah or e-mi-lia.
Variants of Emilia
Nicknames for Emilia
Mountain of nicknames available for the name Emilia include:
How popular is the name Emilia?
Emilia was among the popular names in United States. Since emerging in 1880 around 35884 babies have been given the name. At its zenith in 2018, it ranked 58th when 4020 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
However after 140 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Moreover, the given name has been to the top 100 baby names 2 times Also, a popular name in England and Wales with over 14882 new-borns have been given the name since 1996.
Currently at its peak, it ranked 34th when 1398 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 50 baby names 4 times Also, a popular name in Sweden with over 6917 new-borns have been given the name since 1998.
Presently the name is rising, in 2000, it ranked 15th when 640 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Additionally, the moniker has been in the top 50 baby names 13 times
Emilia was a common name in Ireland.
Over 1160 babies have been named Emilia since 1979. When at its peak in 2014,. After 20 years, the name has past its prime. Also, Emilia is common in France where over 8397 new-borns have been given the name since 1900.
Recently the name is rising, in 1904, 174 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 138th position. Also, Emilia is common in Switzerland where over 2681 new-borns have been given the name since 1998.
Presently peaking at the charts, 307 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 6th position. Also, A common name in Netherlands having over 533 recievers in 5 years of usage.
At present the moniker is on a rise, in 2019, it ranked 113rd when 134 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Also, A common name in Belgium with over 1235 new-borns have been given the name since 1995.
Recently peaking at the charts, 122 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 66th position. Also, Emilia is common in New South Wales where over 800 new-borns have been given the name since 2013.
Presently at its peak, it ranked 38th when 159 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Also, Emilia was a common name in Victoria. Over 516 babies have been named Emilia since 2014.
When at the peak of its usage in 2019,. After 6 years, the name has past its prime.
Emilia is a familiar baby name in Queensland, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 100 names.
Recently in 2017, 79 babies were given Emilia and it reached its peak ranking, 61 on girl names chart. Over 282 babies in Queensland have been named Emilia. Also, in Western Australia, in just 1 years, it has made it to the top 100 names.
Recently in 2019, 51 babies were given Emilia and it reached its peak ranking, 37 on girl names chart.
In Finland, Emilia is a unique name where it has been in use since 1992 and has secured the place in top 100 names.
In 2010, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 1 on girl names chart when 47 babies were named Emilia. There are over 354 babies that have been given the name Emilia in Finland.
Emilia is a rare baby name in Western Australia however it is still in use. But Emilia is a popular baby name in Brazil where every 1 in 3000 have the name as well as in, Mexico, Poland, Angola, Argentina, Philippines, Peru, Indonesia, Romania, Nigeria, Venezuela, Cameroon, Colombia, Mozambique, Namibia, Cuba, Guatemala, Chile, Moldova, Paraguay, Zimbabwe, Tanzania and Germany.
As per our research, over 850000 people has been named Emilia globally.
Emilia in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Emilia?
You want to be in control of your life and emotions. In order to do something unprecedented, you have to refocus from what's not important such as gossip, partying and messing around to what's really important and that's your dreams and expanding your knowledge. To have number 7 as your personality number means you are calm by nature and have a peaceful attitude about everything. You want to achieve great things in life but without much effort.
If you like Emilia, you would love these names
- Beatricia chiefly is used in English aimed at baby girls which originated from Latin, meaning of Beatricia is "Blesses"
- Blas - Persistent and Widespread Blas is used in Norwegian and French is a boy name and rooted from Latin, Blas means "Lisping or Bègue"
- Aimé - Meaning of Aimé is Lover or Who is Loved which is chiefly used in French is rooted from Latin
- Ovidio - Meaning of Ovidio is Ovis is used as a boy name which is chiefly used in Italian and Basque is rooted from Latin
- Ursmer - Ursmer's meaning is Bear or Famous is originated from German and Latin
Middle names for Emilia
Below are mainstream and familiar middle names we think go particularly well with Emilia:
View more middle names that goes with Emilia.
Sibling Names for Emilia
If you've chosen the name Emilia for your little one, you might be searching for sibling names that complement it perfectly. Whether you're looking for a matching theme, similar sounds or contrasting styles, here are some ideas to help you find the perfect names for your growing family.
Names for Emilia's sister
Brother for Emilia
Famous people named Emilia
- Emilia Hazelip, Catalan organic gardener, former Merry Prankster
- Emilia Tennyson, younger sister of Alfred, Lord Tennyson, and the fiancée of Arthur Henry Hallam
- Emilia Butler, Countess of Ossory, Anglo-Dutch courtier
- Emilia Lanier, English poet in the early modern English era
- Emilia Plater, noblewoman and revolutionary Raised in a patriotic tradition, she fought in the November 1830 Uprising
- Emilia Fox, English actress whose film debut was
- Emilia Pardo Bazán, Spanish novelist, journalist, literary critic, poet
- Emilia Nyström, professional Finnish beach volleyball player together with her twin sister
- Emilia, Bulgarian pop folk singer
- Emilia Rydberg, Swedish pop music and soul singer
- Emilia Carranza in Trampa para Gaby as Actress
- Emilia Sotelo in End Of Innocence as Actress
- Emilia Roux in District 9 as Art Director
- Emilia von Heiseler in Weinberg as Actress
- Emilia Derou-Bernal in Vie sauvage as Actress
- Emilia Guiú in Píntame angelitos blancos as Actress
- Emilia Attías in Días de vinilo as Actress
- Emilia Contessa, is an Indonesian actress and singer, also nicknamed Asiatic Lioness, according to Weekly magazine Asia Week.
- Emilia Bayona is noted for her acting in movie Como dos gotas de agua
- Emilia Aliaga, from 1939 musical flick Bohemios, who played the Cosette.
- Emilia Barrado portrayed main role of Las aspirantes a estrellas in 1931 comedy flick Yo quiero que me lleven a Hollywood.
- In 1944, Emilia Baró played the role of N in drama film Adversidad.
- Emilia Clement, from 1952 drama movie Dos vidas, who portrayed N.
- Emilia Dobrin, from 1975 comedy, drama flick Mere rosii, who characterized N.
- In 1968 drama, romance flick, Wycieczka w nieznane, Emilia Krakowska portrayed Mirka.
- In 1936 comedy movie, Három sárkány, Emilia Márkus played N.
- In 1921 drama movie, La thais, Emilia Otaza portrayed N.
- In 1973 drama film, Poslednata duma, Emilia Radeva characterized Shivachkata.
- Emilia Rojas, from 1976 drama flick Soy un delincuente, who played N.
- In 1920 drama film, El escándalo, Emilia Ruiz del Castillo played N.
- In 1922, Emilia Vidali portrayed the role of Lucia Mondella in drama and history movie I promessi sposi.
- In 1983, Emilia Zimková played the role of N in film Zrelá mladost.
- Emilia Tzaneva, from 1989 comedy movie Razvodi, razvodi..., who portrayed the N.
- Emilia Giorgi played the pivotal character of N in 1917 flick Lucciola.
- Emilia Ikäheimo, from 2008 drama flick Muukalainen, who portrayed Äiti.
- Emilia Schüle, from 2010 comedy and drama film Freche Mädchen 2, who characterized the Mila.
- In 2008 film, Joya, Emilia Díaz portrayed Carmela.
Lists having Emilia
- Boys names beginning with E
- Girls names beginning with E
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -lia
- Popular Girl Names in United States (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Switzerland (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Belgium (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Sweden (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Imitating
- Baby Names that mean Rivaling