Jackson name meaning
What does Jackson mean?
Pleasing and Enduring English and Old English Jackson is principally used in Danish, English, Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish and a gender insensitive name, meaning of Jackson is "God is Gracious or Son of Jack".
How do I pronounce Jackson?
Three syllabled Jackson is most commonly pronounced as j(a)-ck-son.
Variants of Jackson
Nicknames for Jackson
Check out these nickaname options for given name Jackson:Names that rhyme with Jackson
How popular is the name Jackson?
Jackson was among the n extremely popular names in United States. Since emerging in 1880 around 239786 babies have been given the first name. At its zenith in 2013, 12577 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 16th position. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 174 years but still dominating the charts. In addition to that, the first name has been in the top 50 baby names 16 times Also, Jackson was a popular name in England and Wales. Over 8308 babies have been named Jackson since 1996. When at the peak of its usage in 2017, 876 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 74th position. However after 23 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still going strong on charts. Moreover, the first name has been to the top 100 baby names 6 times
Jackson is common in New South Wales where over 7074 new-borns have been given the name since 1990. When at its peak in 2007, the moniker grabbed the 27th spot and 315 baby boys were given the name. Also, A common name in Queensland having over 5133 recievers in 29 years of usage. At the peak of its usage in 2008, it ranked 16th when 273 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Also, In Victoria, Jackson was once a common name since emerging in 2008 it has been given to over 1837 babies. When at the peak of its usage in 2013,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 12 years but it is still going strong.
In Ireland, Jackson is a familiar name where it has been in use since 2005 and has secured the place in top 100 names. Recently in 2017, 74 babies were given Jackson and it reached its peak ranking, 99 on boy names chart. Over 380 babies in Ireland have been named Jackson. Also, in Netherlands, in just 4 years, it has made it to the top 300 names. Recently in 2019, 54 babies were given Jackson and it reached its peak ranking, 299 on boy names chart. Over 159 babies in Netherlands have been named Jackson. Also, in Western Australia, in just 1 years, it has made it to the top 100 names. Recently in 2019, 62 babies were given Jackson and it reached its peak ranking, 41 on boy names chart.
Jackson is a unique baby name in France, it has been in use since 1946 and was able to reach the top 700 names. In 1984, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 699 on boy names chart when 35 babies were named Jackson. Over 728 people have been named Jackson in France. Jackson is an uncommon baby name in Northern Territory where it is still in use. Jackson is a rare baby name in Western Australia where it is still in use. However things change on global perspective, Jackson is extremely popular in Tanzania where every 1 in 400 have the name as well as in Uganda. Also the baby name is popular in Kenya, Brazil, DR Congo, Zambia, Nigeria, Haiti, Venezuela, Malawi, South Africa, Liberia, Papua New Guinea, Sudan, Rwanda, Burundi, Philippines, South Sudan, Zimbabwe and Angola. As per our estimate, over 750000 babies have been bestowed Jackson around the globe.
Jackson in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Jackson
You respond to occurrences in an unusual, impulsive but also creative way. You are always open to experience something new. Your life interests change as you change, constantly. You are an attractive person and everyone sees it. Your friends have a hard time decoding your mood. You don't believe much in love. However, deep inside, you secretly wish to find someone who will prove you wrong. There isn't a person you can't charm.
Do you like Jackson? Other names you would love
- Sean - Celebrated Sean is used mainly in Finnish and English, Sean means "Yahweh is Gracious or God is Merciful" has its origin in Hebrew is a gender insensitive name . In 2018, celebrated Sean ranked 269 on baby boy names chart in United States
- Mack - The prevailing and ever lasting unisex name Mack means "Son" is originated from Scottish and Irish languages is used principally in Scandinavian and English
- Roosevelt - Trendy and Enduring Roosevelt is originated from Dutch is particulary used in English and is aimed at both sexes, Roosevelt means "Veld, Roose or Rose Field"
- Barbara - Meaning of Barbara is Foreign Woman, The Foreign or Barbaric is mostly used in Finnish, Icelandic and Polish and is bestowed upon both boys and girls has its origin in Latin and Greek
- Blake - Unfading and Cherished Blake specifically is used in English and English, meaning of Blake is "Blackman or Dark-haired" bestowed upon both sexes came from Old English
Middle names for Jackson
These are the booming and sweet middle names that we love for the name Jackson.
View more middle names that goes with Jackson.
Famous people named Jackson
- Jackson Showalter, five-time U.S. Chess Champion: 1890, 1892
- Jackson Mac Low, American poet, performance artist, composer and playwright
- Jackson Douglas,
- Jackson McDonald, former United States diplomat and a career officer of the U.S. Foreign Service
- Jackson A. Rigney,
- Jackson Burns, American stunt performer, stunt coordinator
- Jackson Haines, American ballet dancer and figure skater
- Jackson Ambroise, Haitian painter
- Jackson Narcomey, Muscogee Creek painter and printmaker
- Jackson Orr, lawyer, Civil War officer, businessman
- Jackson Hill, American composer primarily of symphonic, ensemble
- Jackson Jose Lucas, Brazilian football defender
- Jackson Sundown, Native American rodeo rider
- Jackson J. Spielvogel, associate professor emeritus at Pennsylvania State University
- Jackson Pollock, American painter and a major figure
- Jackson Browne, American singer-songwriter and musician
- Jackson Scholz, American sprint runner
- Jackson Beck, American actor best known as the announcer on radio's 'The Adventures of Superman' and the voice of Bluto
- Jackson State killings, occurred on Friday, May 15, 1970
- Jackson Kemper, in 1835 became the first missionary bishop of the Episcopal Church
- Jackson Guice, American comics artist
- Jackson Vroman, American-born Lebanese professional basketball player
- Jackson C. Frank, American folk musician
- Jackson Temple, associate justice of the Supreme Court of California
- Jackson Waters, Christian pop rock band, featuring Nate Hufford on bass, David Leonard on vocals
- Jackson and His Computerband, French IDM artist
- Jackson Bostwick, Jackson Leonard Bostwick, Jr
- Jackson Morton, American politician
- Jackson Rathbone, American actor and musician
- Jackson Dodds, early Scouts Canada Scouting notable
- Jackson B. Chase, Nebraska Republican politician
- Jackson Heights, were an English musical group formed by bassist and vocalist Lee Jackson
- Jackson Davies, Canadian actor
- Jackson C. Pharris, officer in the United States Navy
- Jackson Mendoza, short-lived Australian pop duo consisting of sisters
- Jackson Proskow, Canadian journalist with the Global Television Network
- Jackson Richardson, retired French handball player
- Jackson Stewart, American former road racing cyclist
- Jackson Nicolau, Australian Rugby league footballer
- Jackson Edward Betts, Republican member of the U.S. House of Representatives
- Jackson Anthony, award-winning actor in Sri Lankan cinema
- Jackson Davis, American actor
- Jackson Kaujeua, Namibian musician, composer and gospel singer
- Jackson Jackson, For live performances
- Jackson Carlaw, Scottish Conservative Party politician serving as Deputy Leader of the Scottish Conservative Party since 2011 and Member of Scottish Parliament for Eastwood since 2016
- Jackson Quiñónez, Spanish hurdler of Afro-Ecuadorian descent
- Jackson United, American punk rock band formed by singer and lead guitarist Chris Shiflett
- Jackson Martínez, Colombian professional footballer
- Jackson Lafferty, territorial level politician in Canada
- Jackson Galaxy is a cat trainer, musician, host of Animal Planet, and driver of the program My cat demon.
- Jackson Antunes, from 2018 drama, music movie Coração de Cowboy, who characterized Joaquim.
- Jackson Costa, from 2008 adventure flick Revoada, who portrayed the Lua Nova.
- Jackson De Souza, from 1946 comedy film O Cavalo 13, who played N.
- Jackson Kyle portrayed important role of John Andrew in 1988 drama, romance movie A Handful of Dust.
- Jackson Lou characterized the main role of Captain Hook in 1996 family, fantasy flick Huang jin dao li xian ji.
- In adventure and drama film, The Saints of the Rue Scribe, Jackson J. Smith characterized Cyrus Norcia.
- Jackson Loo portrayed the pivotal character of Ken in 2009 thriller movie The Cave Movie.
- In 2007, Jackson Bond characterized the role of Oliver in sci-fi, thriller movie The Invasion.
Lists having Jackson
- Boys names beginning with J
- Girls names beginning with J
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Boy names that starts with Jac
- Boy names that ends with -son
- Popular Boy Names in United States (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Ireland (2017)
- Popular Boy Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Northern Territory (2014)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2012)
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Gracious
- Baby Names that mean Son