Rosie name meaning
On This Page
What does Rosie mean?
Long standing and Cherished Rosie chiefly is used in Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, English and Danish is originated from Germanic and Latin, meaning of Rosie is "Rose" is a unisex name . Rosie is variant form of virtuous and frequently used Rose.
Rose is variant of eternal and well-known Rosa. Rose means Flower Name, Horse and Rose has its origin in Latin and Germanic. Rosie is a variant form of celebrated and venerable Rosa.
Rosa is a variant form of venerable, saintly and celebrated Rose. Rosa is short form of names with "pink". Also Rosa is short form of "rose". Rosa is Latin equivalent of Ros.
Prominent and Perennial Rosa is originated from Latin, Old High German and Bulgarian, Rosa means "Rose Flower and Rose". Rosie is variant of popular and conifer Rosalind. Rosalind is variant of popular and conifer Rose.
Also Rosalind is variant of Rosalint. Originated from Germanic, Old High German and Latin, Popular and Ceaseless Rosalind, Rosalind means "Lime and Fame". Rosie is variation of persistent and frequently used Rosemary.
Rosemary is equivalent of Rosemary that isforeign in German language. Also Rosemary is form of Rosemarie in English language. Rosemary's meaning is Mary, Dew of the Sea and Rose Flower is originated from English and Latin.
The name is celebrated on August 23rd.
How do I pronounce Rosie?
Two syllabled Rosie is most commonly pronounced as r(o)-sie.
Variants of RosieNames that rhyme with Rosie
How popular is the name Rosie?
Rosie is a popular in United States where over 80454 new-borns have been given the name since 1880. The moniker is At present ascending on the charts, in 1910, 1560 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 114th position.
In addition to that, the name has been in the top 500 baby names a whooping 87 times Also, Rosie is a popular name in England and Wales given to over 24853 babies in 23 years.
Currently the name is hotter than ever, 1808 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 26th position. Additionally, the moniker has been in the top 50 baby names 7 times
A common name in France having over 1613 recievers in 62 years of usage.
Currently peaked at the charts, it ranked 436th when 131 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Rosie is a familiar baby name in Ireland, it has been in use since 1992 and was able to reach the top 100 names.
Recently in 2019, 99 babies were given Rosie and it reached its peak ranking, 58 on girl names chart. There are over 782 babies that have been given the name Rosie in Ireland.
Also, in Netherlands, in just 5 years, it has made it to the top 200 names. Recently in 2019, 99 babies were given Rosie and it reached its peak ranking, 148 on girl names chart.
Over 258 people have been named Rosie in Netherlands. Also, in Belgium, the name has been in use since 2001 and has secured the place in top 200 names. Recently in 2018, 87 babies were given Rosie and it reached its peak ranking, 102 on girl names chart.
Over 609 babies in Belgium have been named Rosie. Also, in New South Wales, in just 1 years, it has made it to the top 100 names. Recently in 2019, 79 babies were given Rosie and it reached its peak ranking, 91 on girl names chart.
Rosie is a unique baby name in Western Australia, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 100 names. Recently in 2019, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 50 on girl names chart when 36 babies were named Rosie.
The given name is a rare baby name in New South Wales where it is still in use and also in Western Australia. But Rosie is a popular baby name in Philippines where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in, England, DR Congo and Australia.
According to our estimate, over 190000 babies have been named Rosie globally.
Rosie in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Rosie?
You are a jealous and passionate lover. You are a free-spirited fellow with a wild heart. You have a strong will to succeed in life. There are so many new, exciting things to experience. Start looking at obstacles and challenges as new opportunities. You are warm but cold at the same time, strong but gentle, depending on the people around you. You don't look like yourself when you are around someone you like.
Do you like Rosie? Read these names too
- Lucienne - Principally used in Danish and German unfading and unheard-of, Lucienne means "Daylight Babies or Illumination" which originated from Latin is aimed at baby girls
- Cirrus - Anomalous and Modern boy name Cirrus means "A Lock of Hair" is of Latin origin
- Béatrice means Pilgrim, Happy or Traveller is a baby girl name. It is rooted from Latin is used prevalently in Finnish, Swedish and Danish
- Orian means Gold has its origin in Latin and Old Greek is a unisex name
- Beni - Infrequent unisex name Beni means "Blessed or Plait of Hair" and of Hebrew and Latin origin is predominantly used in Sanskrit, Finnish and Spanish
Middle names for Rosie
These are some of the celebrated and familiar options for Rosie middle names.
View more middle names that goes with Rosie.
Famous people named Rosie
- Rosie Douglas, The Hon
- Rosie Bonds, competed in the 1964 Summer Olympics for the United States
- Rosie Palmer,
- Rosie O'Donnell, American comedian, actress, author
- Rosie Nix Adams, American singer-songwriter
- Rosie Winterton, Labour Party politician in the United Kingdom
- Rosie Kane, Scottish Socialist Party politician
- Rosie Boycott, Baroness Boycott, British journalist and feminist
- Rosie Perez, American actress, community activist
- Rosie Ribbons, Australian-born
- Rosie Ruiz, Cuban American runner
- Rosie M. Banks, recurring fictional character
- Rosie Jones, American professional golfer
- Rosie Cooper, British Labour Party politician
- Rosie Cavaliero, English actress
- Rosie Gaines, American singer, songwriter and record producer
- Rosie Ledet, American Creole Zydeco accordion player and singer
- Rosie Barnes, English charity organiser and former politician
- Rosie Tran, American stand-up comedian, model, actress, writer
- Rosie Thomas, American singer-songwriter and stand-up comedian
- Rosie Thomas,
- Rosie Swale-Pope, British author, adventurer and marathon runner
- Rosie Flores, rockabilly and country music artist
- Rosie Malek-Yonan, Assyrian-American actress, author, director
- Rosie Méndez, American politician
- Rosie Scott, novelist and lecturer
- Rosie Tenison, American actress and model
- Rosie Marcel, English actress
- Rosie and the Originals, were an American 1960s musical group best
- Rosie Hamlin, American singer and songwriter
- Rosie Stancer, British explorer and polar adventurer
- Rosie Smith, English rock and metal musician
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, s World's Sexiest Woman 2015 poll
- Rosie Carnahan-Darby in Short Poppies as Writer
- Rosie Lee Hooks in The Bodyguard as Actress
- Rosie Goddard in The Knife That Killed Me as Actress
- Rosie Dolly in The Million Dollar Dollies as
- Rosie Darch in 25 & Counting as Actress
- Rosie Bailey in Episode #1.679 as Actress
- Rosie Wong in Barrier Device as Producer
- Rosie Motene in Hotel Rwanda as Actress
- Rosie Millard in Episode #15.102 as
- Rosie Sklar in Savior as Make-Up Department
- Rosie Day Rosie Jane Day is a British actress best known for playing Angel in the movie The Seasoning House and Millie Bartham in the series Homefront.
- In 2006, Rosie Bilton played the role of Becky in crime film The Pale Man.
- Rosie Lorenzana played the main character of N in 1948 drama movie Selosa.
Lists having Rosie
- Boys names beginning with R
- Girls names beginning with R
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Ros
- Girl names that ends with -sie
- Popular Girl Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Baby Names that mean Rose
- Baby Names that mean Flower