Patricia name meaning
What does Patricia mean?
Patricia means Noble Patrician or Female Version of Patrick is substantially used in Portuguese, Norwegian, Finnish, Greenlandic, Swedish, Spanish, Icelandic, Danish and English and typically is bestowed upon both sexes has origin in Latin. Patricia is feminine of Patricius. Patricius is a variation of venerable and frequently used Patrick. Origin of Frequently Used and Venerable Patricius is in Latin, meaning of Patricius is "Patrician, Belonging to the Roman Senatorial Or Noble Class". The name is celebrated on March 17th.
What's Patricia like for a baby name?
Patricia is a classic and timeless baby name that has been popular for decades. What makes it special is its elegant sound and simplistic spelling, making it easy to pronounce and remember. Patricia is a name that exudes sophistication and grace, making it a perfect choice for parents who want to give their baby girl a name that will carry them through life with confidence and poise. Its origin in Latin adds to its allure, giving it a historical significance that makes it all the more intriguing.
How do I pronounce Patricia?
One syllabled Patricia is most commonly pronounced as pah-TRISH-ah. The pronunciation choose to emphasis on second TRISH syllable. pah-TRISH-ee-ah, p(a)-tri-cia or pat-ricia are the different way(s) to pronounce the name.
Variants of Patricia
Patricius, Particia, Patrizia, Patrick
Nicknames for Patricia
From plethora of nicknames for baby name Patricia, we love these names:
How popular is the name Patricia?
Patricia was an extremely popular name in United States. Over 1576938 babies have been given the first name in 220 years. When at its peak in 1937, the moniker grabbed the 3rd spot and 56446 baby girls were given the name. However after 220 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 5 baby names 22 times Also, a popular name in Ireland with over 9939 new-borns have been given the name since 1964. At present the name is rising, in 1965, the moniker grabbed the 8th spot and 581 baby girls were given the name. Additionally, the name has been in the top 10 baby names 6 times Also, Patricia was among the n extremely popular names in France. Since emerging in 1917 around 207385 babies have been given the first name. When at the peak of its usage in 1959, 11829 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 7th position. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 99 years. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 10 baby names 9 times Also, Patricia was a popular name in Spain. Over 9136 babies have been named Patricia since 2002. At its zenith in 2002, it ranked 21st when 1592 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. After 10 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 50 baby names 4 times Also, Patricia was among the popular names in New South Wales. Since emerging in 1952 around 7879 babies have been given the given name. At the peak of its usage in 1952, it ranked 8th when 739 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. After 28 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 10 baby names 3 times
In Queensland, Patricia was once a common name since emerging in 1960 it has been given to over 2629 babies. At the peak of its usage in 1960,. After 25 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Also, In Western Australia, Patricia was once a common name since emerging in 1930 it has been given to over 3894 babies. When at the peak of its usage in 1930,. After 26 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 5 baby names 24 times
Patricia is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 500 names. In 1996, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 443 on girl names chart when 68 babies were given the name Patricia. Over 1057 babies in England and Wales have been named Patricia. Also, in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 100 names. In 2001, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 77 on girl names chart when 85 babies were given the name Patricia. Over 645 babies in Switzerland have been named Patricia. Also, during its short run of just 1 years in Sweden, it had made it to the top 100 names. In 1998, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 95 on girl names chart when 85 babies were given the name Patricia.
Patricia is an uncommon baby name in Belgium, even after 22 years of use, it could not make it big. There are over 215 babies that have been given the name Patricia in Belgium. Patricia is a rare baby name in Sweden, chances of it being still in use are very slim since it isn't seen since 1998. However things change on global perspective, Patricia is extremely popular in Brazil where every 1 in 500 have the name as well as in, Mexico, England, Argentina, Nigeria, Chile and South Africa. Also the baby name is popular in Malawi, Ghana, Peru, Zambia, Colombia, Ecuador, Congo, Zimbabwe, Sierra Leone, Philippines, Bolivia, Germany, Kenya, Canada, Madagascar, Scotland, Uganda, Venezuela, Angola, Chad, Central African Republic, Wales, Tanzania, Australia, El Salvador, Paraguay, Haiti, Uruguay, Northern Ireland, Liberia, DR Congo, Guatemala, Dominican Republic, Cameroon, Romania, Jamaica, Costa Rica, Malaysia, Rwanda, Egypt, Ivory Coast, Papua New Guinea, Sudan, New Zealand, Honduras, Indonesia and Nicaragua. At least, 5690000 people globally have been given the name as per our estimate.
Patricia in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Patricia?
You often get carried away by your emotions and taken as crazy because of your excessive reactions to injustice. You have to learn that what you give is what you get in life. People take you as a self-absorbed person but you don't care how they take you. You are hard to reach and even harder to trust. You like to go back to your past and fix your mistakes in your head. You always act like everything's just great.
Go through the following names similar to Patricia
- Kamilla means Young Girls who Assisted at Pagan Religious Ceremonies, Attendan or Honorable Births is originated from Latin and Arabic which is used in German and Icelandic is used typically as a girl name
- Idus - Queer boy name Idus means "Ides, Possibly from Latin Iduare = to Divide" which originated from Latin is chiefly used in Swedish
- Auriane - Of Latin origin, Auriane means "The Golden or Gold" majorly used in French is used as a girl name
- Benigno - Used commonly in Italian, Spanish and Portuguese unusual, Benigno means "Well-Born, Blessed or Kind" and a gender-neutral name is originated from Latin
- Viridiane came from Latin, meaning of Viridiane is "God of Nature"
Middle names for Patricia
We've compiled a list of the well-received and charming middle names for Patricia below.
View more middle names that goes with Patricia.
Famous people named Patricia
- Patricia Reilly Giff, She was educated at Marymount College
- Patricia Crowther, American cave explorer and cave surveyor active
- Patricia Ireland, U.S. administrator and feminist
- Patricia Bruder, American actress
- Patricia Miranda, former American collegiate wrestler
- Patricia Crowther, occultist
- Patricia Schnauer, former New Zealand politician
- Patricia Bennett,
- Patricia Hollis, Baroness Hollis of Heigham, Labour member of the House of Lords of the United Kingdom
- Patricia Lovell, Australian film producer and actress
- Patricia Mercado,
- Patricia Collinge, Irish-American actress, dramatist, and writer
- Patricia Malone, English stage actress
- Patricia Bredin, British actress and one-time singer
- Patricia Coombs,
- Patricia Kalember, American actress, best
- Patricia Helen Rogers, Canadian philanthropist and social activist
- Patricia Llewellyn, British television producer and managing director of the television production company
- Patricia Nevill, Marchioness of Abergavenny, friend and Lady of the Bedchamber to Elizabeth II
- Patricia Broadfoot, CBE, FRSA
- Patricia Claxton, award-winning Canadian translator
- Patricia Wrightson, Australian writer of several highly regarded and influential children's books
- Patricia Lawrence, English actress
- Patricia Neway, American operatic soprano and musical theatre actress
- Patricia Keating, American linguist and noted phonetician
- Patricia Palmer, Argentine actress and screenwriter
- Patricia A. Adler, American educator and sociologist
- Patricia Lewis, British and Irish nuclear physicist and arms control expert
- Patricia Bartlett, New Zealand conservative Catholic activist of the 1970s and 1980s
- Patricia Petibon, French soprano
- Patricia Kempthorne, First Lady of Idaho and the wife of Gov
- Patricia Wells, cookbook author and teacher
- Patricia Janus, American poet, artist, and educator
- Patricia Dobler, American poet
- Patricia Rashbrook, oldest woman to give birth in the United Kingdom
- Patricia Southall, American founder and spokesperson of Treasure You and the wife of former Dallas Cowboys running back and Pro Football Hall of Famer Emmitt Smith
- Patricia Roth Schwartz, American poet, playwright, and editor
- Patricia Smith, Viscountess Hambleden, Lady of the Bedchamber to Queen Elizabeth
- Patricia Hitt, Assistant Secretary of Health
- Patricia Cahill, Irish singer
- Patricia Stokkers, There she finished
- Patricia Birch, American dancer, choreographer, film director
- Patricia Goedicke, American poet
- Patricia McKissack, American children's writer
- Patricia Alexander, educational psychologist
- Patricia Churchland, Canadian-American analytical philosopher noted for her contributions to neurophilosophy and the philosophy of mind
- Patricia Hill Collins, Distinguished University Professor of Sociology at the University of Maryland
- Patricia Crone, Danish-American author, Orientalist
- Patricia Alice Shaw, Canadian linguist specializing
- Patricia Robertson, American physician and a NASA astronaut
- Patricia Soltysik, American woman
- Patricia Highsmith, American novelist and short story writer best
- Patricia Cornwell, contemporary American crime writer
- Patricia Neal, American actress of stage and screen
- Patricia Routledge, English actress and singer
Lists having Patricia
- Boys names beginning with P
- Girls names beginning with P
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Portuguese Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -icia
- Girl names that starts with Pat
- Popular Girl Names in United States (1990)
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (1996)
- Popular Girl Names in France (1982)
- Popular Girl Names in Switzerland (2001)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (1984)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (1985)
- Popular Girl Names in Western Australia (1956)
- Popular Girl Names in Sweden (1998)
- Baby Names that mean Noble
- Baby Names that mean Patrician
- Baby Names that mean Female
- Baby Names that mean Noblewoman
- Baby Names that mean Nobleman