Aria name meaning
On This Page
What does Aria mean?
Aria is a beautiful name with a rich history. It's derived from the Latin word for "air" and has been used as a given name since the Middle Ages. In recent years, it's become increasingly popular in the United States, likely due to its lovely sound and associations with famous people named Aria.
There are many reasons why Aria makes a great baby name.
First of all, it's unique but not too unusual, so your child won't have to worry about sharing her name with too many other kids in her class. Secondly, it has a strong meaning associated with it (air is essential to life), and thirdly, there are plenty of famous people named Aria to serve as role models for your little one including singers Ariana Grande.
So if you're looking for a beautiful, unique baby name with a great meaning behind it, consider Aria.
Your child is sure to love it – and she'll always be able to find someone else with her same name to bond over!
Is Aria a suitable baby name?
Aria is a beautiful and unique name that has been rising in popularity in recent years. It's of Italian origin and means "air" or "songlike melody." The name can also be spelt Arya with a Medeival/Norse origin meaning "noble lady" or "noble one." It may be suitable for parents looking for something special yet timeless, and neither too common nor too out there.
Aria is generally associated with strength, intelligence, and independence. Those who choose the name may find it to be the perfect fit for their baby girl!
How do I pronounce Aria?
The most common way to pronounce two syllabled Aria is ar-ee-ah. It can also be pronounced as a-ria.
Variants of Aria
Nicknames for Aria
The given name Aria is already a short name, but some possible candidates include:
How popular is the name Aria?
Aria was a very popular name in United States. Over 51850 babies have been given the first name in 117 years. At the peak of its usage in 2018, it ranked 19th when 7394 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 117 years. Moreover, the name has been to the top 50 baby names 6 times Also, Aria is a popular name in England and Wales given to over 4879 babies in 43 years.
Currently the moniker is on a rise, in 2018, the moniker grabbed the 42nd spot and 1178 baby girls were given the name. In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 50 baby names 2 times
Aria is common in Ireland where over 215 new-borns have been given the name since 2013.
Currently the name is hotter than ever, the moniker grabbed the 60th spot and 103 baby girls were given the name. Also, A common name in France having over 1542 recievers in 14 years of usage.
Presently peaked at the charts, the moniker grabbed the 152nd spot and 417 baby girls were given the name. Also, Aria is a common name in New South Wales given to over 1395 babies in 7 years.
When at the peak of its usage in 2018, 248 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 22nd position. Also, Aria was a common name in Queensland. Over 989 babies have been named Aria since 2014.
At the peak of its usage in 2017,. However after 6 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong. Additionally, the moniker has been in the top 50 baby names 6 times Also, Aria is a common name in Victoria given to over 755 babies in 5 years.
The name is current favorite of the parents, in 2018, 175 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 30th position. Additionally, the name has been in the top 50 baby names 5 times
Aria is a familiar baby name in Belgium, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 200 names.
Recently in 2018, 58 babies were given Aria and it reached its peak ranking, 176 on girl names chart. There are over 228 babies that have been given the name Aria in Belgium.
In Switzerland, Aria is a unique name where it has been in use since 1998 and has secured the place in top 200 names. Recently in 2018, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 164 on girl names chart when 47 babies were named Aria.
Over 216 babies in Switzerland have been named Aria.
But Aria is a popular baby name in Indonesia where every 1 in 30000 have the name as well as in Iran.
At least, 60000 people globally have been given the name as per our findings.
Aria in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Aria
You have a sharp focus and highly developed sense of intuition. In order to achieve something great and unseen so far, you have to rely on your talents, creativity, and intuition. You are enthusiastic, always do something productive, however, you lack creativity. In order to refuel your soul with creativity, travel, or do something unusual for you. You only need the right ones to be content in life. And you are right.
Do you like Aria? Read these names too
- Nibal - Nibal's meaning is Arrow or Arrows is rooted from Arabic used as a gender-neutral name is used in Arabic and Arabic
- Haatim - Meaning of Haatim is Judge or Unavoidable is a boy name is used substantially in Arabic and Hindi
- Jabin - Used notably in Marathi and Hindi unheard-of, Jabin is rooted from Hebrew, Jabin means "Intelligence, Building or He that Understands" is used as a unisex name
- Badria is originated from Persian-Dari and Arabic bestowed upon baby girls, Badria means "Moonlike or Resplendent As the Full Moon"
- Sharika - Unfamiliar Sharika came from Hebrew language is a girl name, meaning of Sharika is "Participant or Partner" is used in Gujarati and Malayalam
Middle names for Aria
These prevailing and familiar middle names flows beautifully with the baby name Aria .
View more middle names that goes with Aria.
Sibling Names for Aria
If you're looking for a name that pairs well with Aria, why not consider naming your next child after a sibling? Sibling names often have a charming uniformity that can bring families together. Here are some sibling name ideas to help you choose the perfect match for your little Aria.
Sister to Aria
Names for Aria's brother
Famous people named Aria
- Aria, Russian heavy metal band that was
- Aria Curzon, American actress
- Aria Clemente Aria Danielle H. Clemente is a Filipino singer who was the second winner after the contest and singing championship of the "World of Arts" Awards, also known as the "Hollywood Olympics".
- Aria Alpert Adjani in movie Things Behind the Sun as Actress
- Aria Wallace, from 2005 comedy and family movie The Perfect Man, who characterized Zoe Hamilton.
- Aria Surka, from 2010 adventure and comedy flick David's Boat Voyage of the Swamp Fox, who characterized Sally.
Lists having Aria
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Arabic Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Dutch Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Ari
- Girl names that ends with -ria
- Popular Girl Names in United States (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Northern Territory (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2019)
- Baby Names that mean Gentle
- Baby Names that mean Music
- Baby Names that mean Rain
- Baby Names that mean Man
- Baby Names that mean Pledge
- Baby Names that mean Melody
- Baby Names that mean Adria
- Baby Names that mean Song
- Baby Names that mean Air