Anouk meaning and origin
Used in Finnish, Sanskrit, Dutch, French, Danish, Greenlandic, Norwegian and Swedish loved, Anouk is used as a baby girl name which is rooted from Hebrew, Anouk means "Grace, Favour, Apricot from Nara, Grain, He (God) Was Gracious, Graceful or Mercy". Anouk is shortened form of Anna. Anna is variant form of Hanna    . Also Anna is variant form of Germanic Names Beginning with Arn-. Anna is Greek and Latin form of Channah or Hannah. Of Old Greek and Hebrew origin, Widely Accepted Anna, Anna means "Grace, Angel and Favour and Grace". Anouk is French form of Anne. The name is celebrated on July 26th.
How is Anouk as a baby name Impactful, unique, different, yet so gentle in its meaning, Anouk is just the right name for your baby girl. You wish her to be unconquerable at first sight, yet to be the living symbol of “grace”, then Anouk is the name that blends these two in one, given it literally translates as “grace”, even though it seems way too harsh at the beginning, once you think about it, you’ll find that it is indeed exquisite in both sound and spelling, and most importantly, it fits just perfectly to unite both parents on the same track with its meaning and strength.
Variants of Anouk
Ann, Ansley, Anna, Anne, Anders, Arne, Ane, Anneli, Alianna, Anneelizabeth, Annie, Beverlyann, Annjanette, Ainslie, Ainsley, Aenne, Anella, Anki, Hanna, Ans, Aemiliana, Anacarolina, Andar, Andreas, Anderson, Andrew, Anthony, Andræs, Arn, Arni, Ania, Anelma, Anund, Áni, Annali, Annelise, Aliannah, Alina, Aleah, Alice, Alya, Ella, AliaNames that rhyme with Anouk
Popularity of Anouk
Anouk was a common name in France. Over 9200 babies have been named Anouk since 1950. When at its peak in 2008,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 71 years but it is still in a strong position. Also, Anouk was a common name in Netherlands. Over 590 babies have been named Anouk since 2015. When at its peak in 2015,. After 5 years, the name has past its prime. Also, In Belgium, Anouk was once a common name since emerging in 1995 it has been given to over 2328 babies. At the peak of its usage in 2005,. However after 24 years, the name is on free fall on the charts.
Anouk is a familiar baby name in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 100 names. In 2005, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 67 on girl names chart when 99 babies were given the name Anouk. There are over 1632 babies that have been given the name Anouk in Switzerland. Anouk is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1969 and was able to reach the top 6000 names. In 2007, it ranked 5093rd when 28 girls were named Anouk. Over 322 people have been named Anouk in United States.
Anouk is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, even after 20 years of use, it could not make it big. Over 289 people have been named Anouk in England and Wales. Also, Anouk is a familiar name in Canada, Sri Lanka, Luxembourg, Spain, Germany, Suriname and England. According to our evaluation, over 30000 babies have been named Anouk globally.
Anouk in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Anouk
You are a self-motivated, ambitious, and intuitive person who rarely hears what others have to say when it comes to business. You believe life's to have fun. It's like you never get angry and anything can piss you off. You are hard-working by nature and success drives you. It takes a long time for someone to gain a special place in your heart. Focus on what's important to you rather than focusing on making other people content.
Looking for names similar to Anouk? Please go through the following names
- Frederike - Originated from Germanic and Old High German, Frederike is dominantly used in Dutch and Norwegian, Frederike means "Protection, Power or Peace" is used typically as a girl name
- Elisah - Curious unisex name Elisah is notably used in Dutch, meaning of Elisah is "God of Plenty and God is My Oath" came from Hebrew. Elisah is a short of Elizabeth.
- Roeland - Roeland's meaning is Glory or Earth or Domain has origin in German and Germanic chiefly used in Dutch is bestowed upon boys
- Griet - Girl name Griet is particulary used in Frisian and Swedish, meaning of Griet is "Pearl" has origin in Old Greek and Greek
- Berend - Originated from Germanic, Odd and Contemporary Berend is used as a boy name which is mainly used in German, Dutch and Norwegian, Berend means "Bärenstarke"
Namesakes of Anouk
- Anouk Leblanc-Boucher, Canadian short track speed skating athlete at the 2006 Winter Olympics
- Anouk Aimée, French film actress,
- Anouk Renière-Lafrenière, Canadian synchronized swimmer
- Anouk, Dutch singer-songwriter and record producer
- Anouk Briefjes in Op Slot as Actress
- Anouk Ferjac in Viva la muerte as Actress
- Anouk Ogueta in Segundo aniversario as Actress
- Anouk Wagener in I Am Here as Actress
- Anouk Grinberg in Un héros très discret as Actress
- Anouk Dutruit in Nocturnal After Hours as Actress
- Anouk Whissell in Le bagman - Profession: Meurtrier as Director
- Anouk Feral portrayed the important role of N in 2006 biography movie Je sicherer du bist desto dünner wird mein Rücken sein.
Lists having Anouk
- Biblical Girl Names
- Girl names beginning with A
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Hebrew Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Dutch Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- French Girl Names
- Sanskrit Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Indian Girl Names
- Popular Girl Names in Switzerland (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Netherlands (2015)
- Popular Girl Names in Belgium (2009)
- Baby Names that mean Grace
- Baby Names that mean Favour
- Baby Names that mean Grain
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Gracious
- Baby Names that mean Graceful
- Baby Names that mean Mercy